LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 253 users in the forums

NFL Trade Deadline Rumors

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by bigmur49:
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
How about we give Carolina their First round pick back for next year for Peppers. Or give Oakland a First and 3rd for Nandi.

Isn't Peppers oldish and playing badly??? 1st rounders are for superstars. We could probably get Peppers for a 3rd or 4th. Is he really an upgrade though?

I'd do it for Nmandi but I'd give our 1st rounder since it's probably going to be a later one

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Oct 14, 2009 at 11:44:52 ]
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d813672ab&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
How about we give Carolina their First round pick back for next year for Peppers. Or give Oakland a First and 3rd for Nandi.

Isn't Peppers oldish and playing badly??? 1st rounders are for superstars. We could probably get Peppers for a 3rd or 4th. Is he really an upgrade though?

I'd do it for Nmandi but I'd give our 1st rounder since it's probably going to be a later one

Clements, Nmandi, and Spencer = don't see that happening though. We would have to give up a lot and swallow that fat contract.
CBs? QBs? LBs?

What we need is a couple of offensive linemen. At the very least we need 1 guard that can block.

Anybody heard of any guards or right tackles on the market?

I think, the 49ers need peppers can help with team. I hope get peppers for a 3rd or 4th better than 1st or 2nd round..

Um there is NO way we could get Peppers for a 3rd or a 4th. Since he's a franchise player, it would actually take two 1st rounds in a trade - although Carolina could take less if they chose. Oakland gave up a 1st for Richard Seymour, so Carolina could certainly expect the same for Peppers. He really isn't "oldish", and the only reason he is playing badly - is because he isn't really playing. He's mad he got franchised and stuck another year in Carolina, so is just riding out the season.
Originally posted by RDB4216:

Um there is NO way we could get Peppers for a 3rd or a 4th. Since he's a franchise player, it would actually take two 1st rounds in a trade - although Carolina could take less if they chose. Oakland gave up a 1st for Richard Seymour, so Carolina could certainly expect the same for Peppers. He really isn't "oldish", and the only reason he is playing badly - is because he isn't really playing. He's mad he got franchised and stuck another year in Carolina, so is just riding out the season.

wrong, thats only if we decided to sign him with the franchise tag put on him.

he can be traded for whatever, a 7th round a 1st rounder whatever the panthers wanted they could trade him for. hes like any other player on the roster now. now if he was unsigned and the niners signed him, the niners would owe the panthers 2 1st rounders.

anyone catch adam schefter on espn saying that the niners SHOULD trade a first rounder back to carolina back but this trade most likely wont happen.

i would do this under one condition, that peppers sign a long term contract with us. he is an absolute beast and would definately give our defense a kick in the bum in the pass rush. singletary would keep him in line and keep his whiny side in check.

honestly i would give them a conditional 2nd and if he signs a long term deal with us it goes up to our 1st rounder. i believe peppers has not lost a step and still has 4-5 good years left in him. looks at justin smith (who is a year older)
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by j3xperience:

he can be traded for whatever, a 7th round a 1st rounder whatever the panthers wanted they could trade him for. hes like any other player on the roster now. now if he was unsigned and the niners signed him, the niners would owe the panthers 2 1st rounders.

anyone catch adam schefter on espn saying that the niners SHOULD trade a first rounder back to carolina back but this trade most likely wont happen.

i would do this under one condition, that peppers sign a long term contract with us. he is an absolute beast and would definately give our defense a kick in the bum in the pass rush. singletary would keep him in line and keep his whiny side in check.

honestly i would give them a conditional 2nd and if he signs a long term deal with us it goes up to our 1st rounder. i believe peppers has not lost a step and still has 4-5 good years left in him. looks at justin smith (who is a year older)

He's never played in a 3-4 defense. Look at guys like Aaron Kampman and Andre Carter when they tried to convert to OLB.

Unless we bail on the 3-4, I don't think Peppers is a viable option.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by j3xperience:

He's never played in a 3-4 defense. Look at guys like Aaron Kampman and Andre Carter when they tried to convert to OLB.

Unless we bail on the 3-4, I don't think Peppers is a viable option.

BAIL BAIL BAIL!

I'm just sayin'......and not cause I want Peppers but because it is much easier to find talent for the 4-3 then the 3-4. However I would not be opposed to bringing in Peppers if he accepts a long term deal (thing is he himself said he'd like to play in a 3-4 D ).
Cribbs for Ginn trade in the works?

Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:

why?

That trade doesn't make sense to me.
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

why?

yeah they are basically the same player

I wouldnt mind trading for Cribbs though

why?

True, especially after what Ginn did Monday Night. But he's also a former Buckeye. You have to remember that Ginn was drafted by the regime the year before Parcells arrived to Miami. You the Tuna wants his players only.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

why?

yeah they are basically the same player

I wouldnt mind trading for Cribbs though

Cribbs is a better NFL returner, Ginn a better NFL WR.

Miami needs a KR now that Cobbs is done so that is why they are exploring that and Ginn was not selected by the current Dolphins regime.

Can we trade for Josh Cribbs? Spurlock and Barry Sims for Josh Cribbs!
Share 49ersWebzone