LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 172 users in the forums

Kevin Kolb

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Lockout:
Originally posted by fakers23:
Originally posted by Chief:
I bet it is the Seahawks and I hope they get him, he is overhyped.

If he goes to Seatle... I look for Hassleback to come the 49ers..

That would be terrible....He's a downgrade.

How so? Unless I'm mistaken the QB we have never lead our team to the playoffs! Hassleback has lead Seatle there.. The whole point is to get some one that knows the West Coast offense and can get us wins!

[ Edited by fakers23 on Mar 22, 2011 at 11:56:12 ]

How so? Unless I'm mistaken the QB we have never lead our team to the playoffs! Hassleback has lead Seatle there.. The whole point is to get some one that knows the West Coast offense and can get us wins!

Winz gamez! Never mind the fact that he was a product of Mike Holmgren's system...

But not as a veteran 'stop-gap', if Andy Dalton were to be sitting behind him for a almost half a season.
  • Otter
  • Veteran

Winz gamez! Never mind the fact that he was a product of Mike Holmgren's system...

he still had to execute that system. And we'd only need him to mentor a rookie.
Originally posted by Otter:

Couple things:

1) Hasslebeck is not the same player he was when he executed that system. He's old and has gotten worse

2) The mentoring thing is fuzzy to me. Our mentor is Jim Harbaugh. He's played the position at the NFL level, so I don't see the upside of bringing someone like Hasslebeck in if their main positive is "mentoring".

3)As I pointed out before, I believe he is a downgrade to the position than what he wad last year. And no, I am not an Alex fan. I think he's below average in every aspect. But Hasslebeck is worse.

Matt Flynn FTW.
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Otter:

Couple things:

1) Hasslebeck is not the same player he was when he executed that system. He's old and has gotten worse

2) The mentoring thing is fuzzy to me. Our mentor is Jim Harbaugh. He's played the position at the NFL level, so I don't see the upside of bringing someone like Hasslebeck in if their main positive is "mentoring".

3)As I pointed out before, I believe he is a downgrade to the position than what he wad last year. And no, I am not an Alex fan. I think he's below average in every aspect. But Hasslebeck is worse.

Matt Flynn FTW.

I agree with most of your post. Hasselback is not the same player, but he hasn't had a decent running game, receivers, or line to help him out over the last few years.

Harbaugh should be the primary coach/tutor, but he also needs to concentrate on the entire team. Having a QB that has been to a Super Bowl, to show a Dalton, or Stanzi or Ponder how to act in meetings, how to practice, how to study. Having a vet starter allows position coaches to spend more time with the rooks and use the vet as an example, etc, there is value to that.

I don't see Hasselback as worse than Smith. He isn't the same guy anymore, but he doesn't seem to hold on to the ball as long as Smith, and has had success, and isn't broken by Nolan and Singletary.

I'd rather have Hasselback starting than Carr or Troy Smith. And I think Alex Smith needs a new start.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Also, Carroll has absolutely ZERO eye for talent when it comes to drafting 'raw' offensive positions, so Pete will continue to assemble his sloppy-seconds squad.

And this is based off of what ?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Also, Carroll has absolutely ZERO eye for talent when it comes to drafting 'raw' offensive positions, so Pete will continue to assemble his sloppy-seconds squad.

And this is based off of what ?

His nose is crooked.
Not a fan of Kolb, but i was listening to The Herd (not a fan of his either) this morning and dude made it seem as if he had a source that the niners will acquire Kolb. Thought you guys would appreciate that sorta news.
I heard that comment from Cowherd on the 49ers and Kolb. He started talking about Cam Newton's future private workouts, Harbaugh's comments on Newton, and wondered why the 49ers weren't interested in Newton....Cowherd believes because they are looking to trade for Kolb.

I like Cowherd but sometimes I think he talks to piss off fans or generate interest from a specific fanbase. He takes shots recently at Jimmer Fredette, Tebow, Derrick Rose, or whoever is a popular among the fans.

I did find this interesting:

RT @seahwk8: Seahawks trading 25th pick for kolb? ... I hear Seattle is NOT the team that has offered a 1 for Kolb.

I've heard Arizona is offering Philly 2012 1st round pick but not their #5.

Originally posted by DesiDez:
I heard that comment from Cowherd on the 49ers and Kolb. He started talking about Cam Newton's future private workouts, Harbaugh's comments on Newton, and wondered why the 49ers weren't interested in Newton....Cowherd believes because they are looking to trade for Kolb.

I like Cowherd but sometimes I think he talks to piss off fans or generate interest from a specific fanbase
. He takes shots recently at Jimmer Fredette, Tebow, Derrick Rose, or whoever is a popular among the fans.

RT @seahwk8: Seahawks trading 25th pick for kolb? ... I hear Seattle is NOT the team that has offered a 1 for Kolb.

No kidding, he looked like a clown after bashing Aaron Rodgers, in the playoffs no less. Aaron was then his guest they day after the SB
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
Originally posted by DesiDez:

I like Cowherd but sometimes I think he talks to piss off fans or generate interest from a specific fanbase
. He takes shots recently at Jimmer Fredette, Tebow, Derrick Rose, or whoever is a popular among the fans.

No kidding, he looked like a clown after bashing Aaron Rodgers, in the playoffs no less. Aaron was then his guest they day after the SB

He is a clown. Most of the ESPN personalities are. Just look at Skip Brainless, although most are not as bad as him.
why is anyone on kolbs jock? he had a worse season than alex smith last year. if we're going to go that route lets just keep alex. they are very similar qb's.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
why is anyone on kolbs jock? he had a worse season than alex smith last year. if we're going to go that route lets just keep alex. they are very similar qb's.

Kolb has all of 7 NFL starts under his belt, Smith has 50. There is a huge difference in experience level between the two QB's. You can't honestly think that there is more potential in Alex Smith's NFL future than Kevin Kolb's ?

Has Kolb been great ? No.

Has Kolb been terrible ? No.

Has he flashed potential to be a starter in the NFL ? Yes. But he has been inconsistent, and that may very well due to a lack of game experience. Maybe he isn't the answer, but there is not enough tape to make a conclusive evaluation on whether Kolb is a future starter in this league or not.

Why is there an apparent interest by some teams in the league to acquire Kolb ? Why is it that Larry Fitzgerald wants Kolb ?
Kolb is a system qb. The eagles have duped teams before and it looks like they will again
Share 49ersWebzone