LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Peyton Manning

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by fister30:
The niners whiffed on palmer but I would take manning for three solid years.

not behind this o-line
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d82653eb0/Manning-to-the-49ers
First you have to see if his neck is really healed. They are talking about nerves need time to regenerate and heal. And loss of arm strength. Doesn't sound good. Obviously if he is healthy you would be out of your mind not to want him for say 3 years. This team is pre made for Peyton Manning. Powerhouse defense, normally great special teams, bruising O line, good RB's, VD, Crab (a little overrated but ok).

Wow. Why couldn't Peyton Manning succeed with this? I like Alex and the progress he's made. But if you get a shot at this you may be the Super Bowl favorite for 3 years in a row. And maybe win 1 or 2. I'd go after him if he is healthy. But I think that is a big if. A very big if.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
First you have to see if his neck is really healed. They are talking about nerves need time to regenerate and heal. And loss of arm strength. Doesn't sound good. Obviously if he is healthy you would be out of your mind not to want him for say 3 years. This team is pre made for Peyton Manning. Powerhouse defense, normally great special teams, bruising O line, good RB's, VD, Crab (a little overrated but ok).

Wow. Why couldn't Peyton Manning succeed with this? I like Alex and the progress he's made. But if you get a shot at this you may be the Super Bowl favorite for 3 years in a row. And maybe win 1 or 2. I'd go after him if he is healthy. But I think that is a big if. A very big if.

agreed 100%, we'll even add to the wr group and get better at that position. peyton made below average wrs into actual targets and made them look better than they were, imagine him throwing to our guys
I'd love for Manning to come here, but how much would we offer Manning?
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

i just hope manning doesnt expect 20 plus mil, dude has made the most money in the league probably all time. if we wanted him i would hope he comes in at a discount seeing were close to becoming sb champs and lets baalke operate with more cap space to build the team better.
Lol at you guys actually thinking Manning might be a 49er.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

i just hope manning doesnt expect 20 plus mil, dude has made the most money in the league probably all time. if we wanted him i would hope he comes in at a discount seeing were close to becoming sb champs and lets baalke operate with more cap space to build the team better.
Hopefully some scrub team tries to offer him that amount, maybe he'll pull a Montana (Arizona tried to sign Montana for a ridiculously high number) and sign for less money to a contending team like us.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

He really could be. The Colts will almost certainly cut him. He has a $28 million signing bonus due. He has an injured neck. And they have Andrew Luck.
Not to mention we could probably shell out a couple mill to Reggie Wayne to bring in a receiver most familiar with Peyton. If we did that we'd probably be stuck to signing Peyton,Rogers,Snyder, and Goldson only and losing most if not all the others. Most of the rest are just fill in players anyways.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

He really could be. The Colts will almost certainly cut him. He has a $28 million signing bonus due. He has an injured neck. And they have Andrew Luck.

He is going to want 20 million for whatever team, we have 40 in cap room, and Goldson, Rodgers, Morgan, Ginn, Brooks to re-sign and our ST guys like Constanzo and Grant, plus draft picks. I don't think we can afford to keep our team together, upgrade the WRs, etc if we were to sign him. And then he could be paralyzed after one bad hit. Not worth the risk IMO.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
If he plays again, Manning would be crazy not to want to come here, so I think we'd be a strong candidate to get him, but as others have said, even aside from the injury risk there's the massive cap hit, the guys we'd lose on D and ST, and Manning will inherit one of the worst pass-blocking O-lines in the league. I was more open to this idea in midseason (see my earlier post in this thread) but Alex showed me enough, especially in the playoffs, to sour on this idea.
We would beat his brother in the playoffs next year
Bring Peyton as Alex's backup. He will only be used for third down conversions.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Bring Peyton as Alex's backup. He will only be used for third down conversions.

i think our 3r down conversions will be fine next year when we upgrade our WR

even dave razzano who does not like alex at all said the lack of speed and sixe at WR was the main reason why our 3rd down cnversion sucks
Share 49ersWebzone