LISTEN: 49ers Master The Later Rounds Of The Draft →

There are 139 users in the forums

Shawne Merriman may be available

Shop 49ers game tickets
omg gibson over merriman? wtf
Originally posted by Ajanke:

You've posted this in how many threads now?

Gibson over Merriman is a fail

Let's be real for a second.

Claiming Merriman would mean assuming the prorated remainder of his contract ($3.269), in addition to taking a gamble on a player with 4 sacks in his last 18 games. Nevermind Merriman's injury history; his attitude and inability to defend the pass in coverage don't fit with the team.

Thaddeus Gibson on the other hand is an athletically gifted, injury free rookie with potential. At worst, the 49ers get a closer look at a fourth round talent that many thought might land in the first round had he stayed for his senior year at Ohio State.

But it's a fail, right?
Originally posted by redrathman:

Claiming Merriman would mean assuming the prorated remainder of his contract ($3.269), in addition to taking a gamble on a player with 4 sacks in his last 18 games. Nevermind Merriman's injury history; his attitude and inability to defend the pass in coverage don't fit with the team.

Thaddeus Gibson on the other hand is an athletically gifted, injury free rookie with potential. At worst, the 49ers get a closer look at a fourth round talent that many thought might land in the first round had he stayed for his senior year at Ohio State.

But it's a fail, right?

with Gibson we basically got a free 4th round pick who was mentored by some VERY good linebackers in Pittsburgh. Everything im reading about this guy is good.

This could end up being a very very nice move by the Niners
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by redrathman:

But it's a fail, right?

with Gibson we basically got a free 4th round pick who was mentored by some VERY good linebackers in Pittsburgh. Everything im reading about this guy is good.

This could end up being a very very nice move by the Niners

I hope your right babynutz.
Being kept on the active rooster for the first half of the season with Pitt loaded LBers is not a bad thing. I don't expect much but lets see what he can do.

dude, his name is Thadius. he's gotta be sick with a name like that otherwise he gets his ass kicked.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

dude, his name is Thadius. he's gotta be sick with a name like that otherwise he gets his ass kicked.
Thaddeus may turn out to be a huge steal. I remember when the Steelers drafted this dude, their fans were very excited and were high on him. So i wouldn't be mad if we passed on Shawne Marriedtoroids.
Merriman got pancaked by that little running back a while back, after his steriod year.

He gets injured all the time....

PASS
I say take him if he's back on the juice..... If not he's just a pedestrian.

The 49ers also are not believed to be interested in another high-profile player on the waiver wire, linebacker Shawne Merriman, who was released by the Chargers Tuesday. The 49ers already have four outside linebackers on the roster and claimed a fifth, rookie Thaddeus Gibson, on Monday. Singletary on Tuesday lauded starter Manny Lawson, who had his best game of the season Sunday against the Broncos, an outing that included three big hits on Denver quarterback Kyle Orton and a critical forced fumble late in the game.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/11/niners-to-pass-1.html#ixzz14EsNilsW
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
The 49ers also are not believed to be interested in another high-profile player on the waiver wire, linebacker Shawne Merriman, who was released by the Chargers Tuesday. The 49ers already have four outside linebackers on the roster and claimed a fifth, rookie Thaddeus Gibson, on Monday. Singletary on Tuesday lauded starter Manny Lawson, who had his best game of the season Sunday against the Broncos, an outing that included three big hits on Denver quarterback Kyle Orton and a critical forced fumble late in the game.

Read more: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/11/niners-to-pass-1.html#ixzz14EsNilsW

You know, I'm not one that wants to go out and sign EVERY player, but dammit this is one move we have to make just to get a look see. We need some damn fire and attitude on this team. I hate seeing other teams take chances, then come out rewarded for it. I think the only time I was wrong on taking a chance on a player was Albert Haynesworth.

Dammit Sing make it happen!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

You know, I'm not one that wants to go out and sign EVERY player, but dammit this is one move we have to make just to get a look see. We need some damn fire and attitude on this team. I hate seeing other teams take chances, then come out rewarded for it. I think the only time I was wrong on taking a chance on a player was Albert Haynesworth.

Dammit Sing make it happen!!!!

At first I was against bringing him in. After some thought I am really hoping we pick him up.

-
As Fox reported, Bills are set to claim LB Shawne Merriman. Unless Buffalo changes its mind, Merriman will be a Bill.

from schefters twitter
Originally posted by teeohh:
As Fox reported, Bills are set to claim LB Shawne Merriman. Unless Buffalo changes its mind, Merriman will be a Bill.

from schefters twitter

Just beat me to the punch... Well done.
Share 49ersWebzone