LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 294 users in the forums

Youre a expansion team owner and have to pick...

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jrg:
Adrian Peterson and Patrick Willis

^
Originally posted by danimal:
Cutler and Ngata

Replace Cutler with Matt Ryan, I agree 100 percent with Ngata
Originally posted by King49er:
Cutler and Ngata

I don't know about matt ryan.... The guy had a good season last year, but you gotta give him more time to see if he just wasn't a player who has one great season...

I mean, with him, you just can't be sure yet. He played well, but he didn't exactly tear the league apart....

I also agree on the Ngata pick..
Andre johnson and patrick willis.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner4life21:
Originally posted by King49er:
Cutler and Ngata

I don't know about matt ryan.... The guy had a good season last year, but you gotta give him more time to see if he just wasn't a player who has one great season...

I mean, with him, you just can't be sure yet. He played well, but he didn't exactly tear the league apart....

I also agree on the Ngata pick..
WTF? Really? "Just a player who has one great season?" What more can you expect from a rookie that had the pressure of carrying a city on his shoulders? Remember that the team rebuilt from the ground up, getting rid of Pro Bowl vets like Alge Crumpler and replacing them with guys like Justin Peelle...

Other than Matt Ryan, Roddy White and Michael Turner, the Falcons dont have much on offense... Heck they even started Harvey Dahl, who was on the Niners Practice Squad for like, 2 years.
John Beck and Mark Roman
  • evil
  • Veteran
Joe Thomas and Troy Polamalu
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Tom Brady and Vince Wilfork.....damn Patriots.

I was also gonna say Patrick Willis, but ILB's are easier to find than NT's. And yes, I would stick with the 3-4 defense.

My OC and DC would be:

Marty Mornhinweg and Rex Ryan
Larry Fitzgerald and Patrick Willis...easily.
I would go with Fitzgerald and Polamalu. With Fitzgerald you dont have to worry about who is throwing it to him cuz he is still going to get it. With Polamalu, you have a guy who has 2 SB rings and is always right by the ball. The rings are what made me pick him over Willis.

• DVDA
  • Veteran
Philip Rivers and Mario Williams. QB and DE set for the next decade.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by teeohh:
did the texans get to pick anyone?

________

No. Teams have to offer up any 5 players who were on their 53 man roster. However, the expansion team can only take up to 2 players from any one team.

The benefit for the offering team is that the player that is chosen has his salary completely wiped away from that team. Meaning, no dead money. So a team can clear space very easily. Thus, there is an incentive for teams to offer up solid role players, possibly a few starters. And the expansion team can acquire NFL-worthy talent to build around.

Tony Boselli was the first player they took with their expansion draft.

________

No. Teams have to offer up any 5 players who were on their 53 man roster. However, the expansion team can only take up to 2 players from any one team.

The benefit for the offering team is that the player that is chosen has his salary completely wiped away from that team. Meaning, no dead money. So a team can clear space very easily. Thus, there is an incentive for teams to offer up solid role players, possibly a few starters. And the expansion team can acquire NFL-worthy talent to build around.

That's how the texans got mr badass tony boselli. Argueably the best at the time for the LT position. Then he got his season ender! Wow imagine if carr had him blocking his blindside all those yrs. It coulda been a different ball game for carr
Originally posted by frankie:

________

That's how the texans got mr badass tony boselli. Argueably the best at the time for the LT position. Then he got his season ender! Wow imagine if carr had him blocking his blindside all those yrs. It coulda been a different ball game for carr

What other bad ass players did they get that year? I only remember Boselli and of course Carr. Did they also get the number one pick that year?
Fitzgerald and Ware
Share 49ersWebzone