LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 264 users in the forums

2024 Draft Class: IDL

We need depth, possibly losing Kinlaw, Givens will create holes, who do you guys like as prospects who could be available rd 3-7 bc I believe OT and CB are taken the 1st two rounds.

My fav are

McKinley Jackson out of Texas A&M 6'2 325

Dwayne Carter out if Duke 6'3 305

Jermayne Lole out of Louisville 6'3 305

Tuli Letuligasenoa out of Washington 6 ft 300
Yes we will need a guy or 2 to replace some depth next year for sure
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I like Kris Jenkins 6'3" 305 lbs - Michigan, the son of former NFL DT Kris Jenkins. He doesn't have the size of his dad but he's a damn good run defender.

I also like the two DT's outta Ohio St. Michael Hall Jr. and Tyleik Williams.
Good thread - haven't had enough time to watch college ball more closely. Watching this team's DTs yesterday and the weak run D makes you appreciate guys like Hargrave & AA that much more. Need some quality depth and hoping to find a gem like D.J. Jones in the next draft.
[ Edited by LottDMontanaO on Dec 18, 2023 at 11:58 AM ]
Here's a name for consideration as a late round option that has caught my eye a few times, Elijah Chatman of SMU. Love a smaller, high motor DT with true explosive power. He's non-stop go go go but despite being lighter than a lot of OL, he more than holds his own and did well against some bigger programs. I'm not positive on this but I believe he was one of Bruce Feldman's freaks, ridiculous power for his size, I think he'd work very well as a primary run stopper.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Here's a name for consideration as a late round option that has caught my eye a few times, Elijah Chatman of SMU. Love a smaller, high motor DT with true explosive power. He's non-stop go go go but despite being lighter than a lot of OL, he more than holds his own and did well against some bigger programs. I'm not positive on this but I believe he was one of Bruce Feldman's freaks, ridiculous power for his size, I think he'd work very well as a primary run stopper.

I want all the DTs that wear 40 numbers
The Niners need beef. No more undersized 3 techniques. Find me a ~6-1, 330 pound interior DL with juice to fire off the ball, who's strong as a bull and built to eat up 20+ snaps of double teams every Sunday.

Originally posted by jersey49er:
My fav are

Gonna watch this dude later. The measurables at least fit the bill.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 18, 2023 at 4:28 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
The Niners need beef. No more undersized 3 techniques. Find me a ~6-1, 330 pound interior DL with juice to fire off the ball, who's strong as a bull and built to eat up 20+ snaps of double teams every Sunday.

This... but also a plus if he wears a number in the 40's.
We need depth, possibly losing Kinlaw, Givens will create holes, who do you guys like as prospects who could be available rd 3-7 bc I believe OT and CB are taken the 1st two rounds.

My fav are

Dwayne Carter out if Duke 6'3 305

Jermayne Lole out of Louisville 6'3 305

Tuli Letuligasenoa out of Washington 6 ft 300

I think DT might be what they choose with their first pick. That, or OT. I'm not sure CB is a priority to be addressed in the first two rounds. Of course, given this team's draft history we should probably be more curious about who they're picking with their four picks in the 5th and 6th rounds. After the way Brendel played against Arizona, you have to believe they'll be looking for a Center somewhere in the 4th through 6th rounds. Armstead and Hargrave are both 30, will be 31 next season so I think DT may be the second priority after OT.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Heroism:

My fav are

Gonna watch this dude later. The measurables at least fit the bill.

Tell me you miss DJ Jones without telling me you miss DJ Jones. Lol

But yah I feel you, I'm tired of seeing the 6'4" 300 pounders that play with horrible leverage.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Dec 21, 2023 at 8:56 AM ]

would love to go with two DTs at the end of the 3rd.... and we should also be able to bring Givens back for cheap competition

McKinnley Jackson, Kris Jenkins Jr., Nazir Stackhouse are my three favorites in that range right now
Of the ones I've scouted this year, I see some potential fits all across the value spectrum. I've got about 5 guys circled that I'd like to see here (not in any specific order):

1. Nazir Stackhouse, Georgia
2. McKinnley Jackson, Texas A&M
3. Thor Griffith, Harvard (AFCA All American, FCS Central Ivy DPOY)
4. Kris Jenkins, Michigan
5. TVondre Sweat, Texas
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Of the ones I've scouted this year, I see some potential fits all across the value spectrum. I've got about 5 guys circled that I'd like to see here (not in any specific order):

5. TVondre Sweat, Texas

I would add

Braden Fiske, Florida St - big run stuffing DT
Byron Murphy, Texas - quick DT who can also rush the passer; Sweat's partner
Keith Randolph, Illinois - 5th year Senior and team captain who's scheme versatile.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

5. TVondre Sweat, Texas

He's entered the transfer portal apparently so the 2024 draft may not be in the cards but he's an absolute physical monster. If football doesn't work out, he has a future in WSM competitions.

. Thor Griffith, Harvard, defensive tackle-A former state champion wrestler and youth hockey standout who once was a member of the Boston Jr. Bruins that played in the famed 2011 Brick Tournament, where almost half of the 2019 NHL first round squared off, Griffith has emerged as a dominant force for the Harvard defense. In 2022, he piled up 12 TFLs and five sacks. "We haven't blocked him in like two years," one Ivy League coach told The Athletic this month, on the condition of anonymity for competitive reasons.

Griffith bench pressed 500 pounds, squatted 750 and power-cleaned 315. He also did 800 pounds on the trap bar.

The 6-2, 320-pound powerhouse, who packed on 10 more pounds this offseason thanks to a diet, he says, of 6,000-8,000 calories a day, bench-pressed 225 pounds 45 times and improved his 40-time two-tenths of a second from a year ago, down to 4.95. His 10-yard split is 1.65 to go with a 4.57 pro shuttle time. To put that in perspective, Oklahoma's Jalen Redmond, almost 30 pounds lighter, clocked the fastest time among defensive tackles at this year's NFL combine, going 4.51 in the shuttle.
^ Last I heard, he agreed to play at Louisville next year. Doesn't sound like the draft is on his mind yet.
Share 49ersWebzone