LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

If Deebo gets traded for pick #10 who should Niners take?

Originally posted by Heroism:
I wouldn't draft a WR in the first, especially not at the top of the first round. I haven't evaluated this class, but based on the countless I did evaluate in the past, the best WRs rarely come out of the first round. Obviously, this is a guideline and not a rule, but still. If the 49ers get, let's say, the 10th overall pick, I'd go for a high-value position(ie OT/EDGE/man CB). Day 2 is ostensibly the sweet spot for WRs(Davante Adams, Deebo, AJ Brown, Cooper Kupp, etc).

If the team loses Deebo, they've got to accept the reality that he's not going to be replaced, especially by 1 player. It's just not happening. The best approach is to strengthen the most important positions on the field while using multiple players to try and replicate Deebo's production.

I agree. It seems like we've done a lot of scouting on WR and RB even before the Deebo drama.

Sounds like the FO were well aware of Deebo's feelings before the instascrub and may have been scouting with the view to take pressure off him at both WR and RB.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Stingley

It's wierd but do you ever see a kids name and think hey man he's gonna be real good.

lol I felt this way with pitts. Like man kids name is gonna be all over ESPN. Stingily has a nice all pro ring to it.
A ton of beastly Wr in the 2nd In recent years. Higgs, Deebo ect. Wr are plenty.

not Deebo but that's just how it goes for us niner fans.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by fropwns:
Originally posted by Brucey72:
No WR at 10 we have our #1 in Aiyuk. We can get our #2 in round 2 or 3 assuming we get another one in the trade. Definitely since no WR is going to be able to replicate what Deebo is anyway

I would rather trade down but would love someone like Davis or Johnson

Wrong, trade down, pick up an extra pick and get Treylon Burks.

Exactly, fropwns - Dallas is looking to trade up, we can take Burks at #24.

Only thing is Mayo, Jerry loves Burks.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by Heroism:
I wouldn't draft a WR in the first, especially not at the top of the first round. I haven't evaluated this class, but based on the countless I did evaluate in the past, the best WRs rarely come out of the first round. Obviously, this is a guideline and not a rule, but still. If the 49ers get, let's say, the 10th overall pick, I'd go for a high-value position(ie OT/EDGE/man CB). Day 2 is ostensibly the sweet spot for WRs(Davante Adams, Deebo, AJ Brown, Cooper Kupp, etc).

If the team loses Deebo, they've got to accept the reality that he's not going to be replaced, especially by 1 player. It's just not happening. The best approach is to strengthen the most important positions on the field while using multiple players to try and replicate Deebo's production.

Is that you WB?
Stingley/Hamilton/Wilson/Olave/Jamo would all be great picks IMO.

If they go best OL or Edge I don't any of us would hate that either. Biggest thing is can we get #38 from them too. A lot more options open up then.

Stingley/Brisker/Watson would be wild.
Option 1. Trade down for more picks, hopefully a 1st next year too.

Option 2 if nobody wants to trade up. Stingley or Hamilton, whichever is there.
If cannot trade down for more picks I'd take Jermaine Johnson II. The EDGE with the highest potential to become great.
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Stingley

It's wierd but do you ever see a kids name and think hey man he's gonna be real good.

lol I felt this way with pitts. Like man kids name is gonna be all over ESPN. Stingily has a nice all pro ring to it.

Well the Stingley name has already been in the NFL, his Grandpa
take the best edge/OL/CB available

• Hopper
  • Veteran
Garrett Wilson.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
If cannot trade down for more picks I'd take Jermaine Johnson II. The EDGE with the highest potential to become great.

This is the correct answer.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Trade back for picks and linderbaum the center for the next ten years. Can start day 1. If Mack is back plug at rg
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
If Ekwonu is available at 10 you sprint to the podium and take him

And barely get better this season. We are strong on the whole d line. Yeah he's great but doesn't drastically upgrade the team
Originally posted by hello49:
If the Niners have to trade Deebo and get the Jet's #10 pick, who do you want the Niners to take if they cannot trade down? I think it has to be someone who will help Trey the most, so either a top WR like Garrett Wilson, or OLine, but I am not sure who is worth it on Oline we would take at 10. I figure the best DE's will be taken by #10.
Just because the Jets are offering #10 doesn't mean we roll over and take it.

Glad you're not our GM.

I am hanging up the phone on the Jets if that's all they are offering.
Share 49ersWebzone