There are 201 users in the forums

If Deebo gets traded for pick #10 who should Niners take?

If the Niners have to trade Deebo and get the Jet's #10 pick, who do you want the Niners to take if they cannot trade down? I think it has to be someone who will help Trey the most, so either a top WR like Garrett Wilson, or OLine, but I am not sure who is worth it on Oline we would take at 10. I figure the best DE's will be taken by #10.
I'm one of the firm believers that Deebo stays with the Niners and things get ironed out but I must admit Deebo isn't making things easy! If it does, than yes Garrett Wilson makes sense. A lot of guys are digging Treylon Bucks but now that we have Trey, we can stop worrying so much about receivers having to break tackles after short completions. We have Trey now. Time to draft receivers that work for him, not Jimmy.

On a side note, if Kyle does change his offense to take advantage of Trey's skill set then it was a waste of picks. I now not speed guys no c/m run pretty routes.

I like Williams out of Bama as well. Too bad he's hurt.
Stingley
No WR at 10 we have our #1 in Aiyuk. We can get our #2 in round 2 or 3 assuming we get another one in the trade. Definitely since no WR is going to be able to replicate what Deebo is anyway

I would rather trade down but would love someone like Davis or Johnson
[ Edited by Brucey72 on Apr 24, 2022 at 1:16 PM ]
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by Brucey72:
No WR at 10 we have our #1 in Aiyuk. We can get our #2 in round 2 or 3 assuming we get another one in the trade. Definitely since no WR is going to be able to replicate what Deebo is anyway

Wrong, trade down, pick up an extra pick and get Treylon Burks.
Originally posted by fropwns:

Unfortunately don't always have the team below to trade down.. so I was wondering who do you take if you stay at 10.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Trade down and address WR and other needs.

Agreed.. like I said I prefer to trade down but if we are taking a player at 10, I don't want it to be a WR
Jermaine Johnson II or Stingley if hes still available
If we cannot trade down I would take Stingly or Ekwonu.

Originally posted by Waterbear:

If Ekwonu is available at 10 you sprint to the podium and take him
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Exactly, fropwns - Dallas is looking to trade up, we can take Burks at #24.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 24, 2022 at 4:23 PM ]
I wouldn't draft a WR in the first, especially not at the top of the first round. I haven't evaluated this class, but based on the countless I did evaluate in the past, the best WRs rarely come out of the first round. Obviously, this is a guideline and not a rule, but still. If the 49ers get, let's say, the 10th overall pick, I'd go for a high-value position(ie OT/EDGE/man CB). Day 2 is ostensibly the sweet spot for WRs(Davante Adams, Deebo, AJ Brown, Cooper Kupp, etc).

If the team loses Deebo, they've got to accept the reality that he's not going to be replaced, especially by 1 player. It's just not happening. The best approach is to strengthen the most important positions on the field while using multiple players to try and replicate Deebo's production.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I wouldn't draft a WR in the first, especially not at the top of the first round. I haven't evaluated this class, but based on the countless I did evaluate in the past, the best WRs rarely come out of the first round. Obviously, this is a guideline and not a rule, but still. If the 49ers get, let's say, the 10th overall pick, I'd go for a high-value position(ie OT/EDGE/man CB). Day 2 is ostensibly the sweet spot for WRs(Davante Adams, Deebo, AJ Brown, Cooper Kupp, etc).

If the team loses Deebo, they've got to accept the reality that he's not going to be replaced, especially by 1 player. It's just not happening. The best approach is to strengthen the most important positions on the field while using multiple players to try and replicate Deebo's production.

Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

If Ekwonu is available at 10 you sprint to the podium and take him
This, so this. Protecting TL needs to be priority 1. Only way he can succeed is if he is standing upright and has time to throw. We can find receivers and running backs to surround him with later in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone