LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 160 users in the forums

Quinn Meinerz-C/OG-Wisconsin-Whitewater

Rather take Elijah Moore if still on the board at #43 then Green with the #102 pick.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Rather take Elijah Moore if still on the board at #43 then Green with the #102 pick.

If you're going to go all in on a QB, I think you'd better be going all in on protecting them too. Green and Meinerz will likely both be gone before #102 as well. Both are Top 75 prospects.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
This Dude >>>>>> any of the QBs in this draft after Lawrence

Loved this dude after seeing him pancaking everyone at the senior bowl. His nickname is the gut with his belly hanging out all the time.
I hope we trade down in 2nd or trade Jimmy to get an extra pick to get him. I figure we'll have to go CB first on day 2 with the depth we have there

Originally posted by Waterbear:

There it is the famous WB gif. Been awhile
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

There it is the famous WB gif. Been awhile

I only use it for the best prospects Watching Meinerz move in space and level people is what it's all about.
draft crush
This guy is a complete bad @ss, I'd love him.

Sit him next to Mack in the locker room and have him absorb everything, plays next to him for a year or two and then takes over.

I wonder if he's mobile enough for Kyle though, and whether he falls between #43, which is too rich for me, and our 3rd comp that I can see him going before.

Kendrick Green might be the better fit and value as I can see most of the power teams taking him off their boards.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

Sit him next to Mack in the locker room and have him absorb everything, plays next to him for a year or two and then takes over.

I wonder if he's mobile enough for Kyle though, and whether he falls between #43, which is too rich for me, and our 3rd comp that I can see him going before.

Kendrick Green might be the better fit and value as I can see most of the power teams taking him off their boards.

I don't think mobility is an issue with him at all. He reminds me a bit of Quenton Nelson, not the same level of talent but I think he can fit in pretty much any blocking scheme.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:

I don't think mobility is an issue with him at all. He reminds me a bit of Quenton Nelson, not the same level of talent but I think he can fit in pretty much any blocking scheme.

Yeah, I like him moving around. I am surprised Kyle hasn't just drafted all the best athletes though, and I wonder if he'll shift that way, especially if we do draft an athletic QB.

I am conscious that we aren't a pure zone team anymore, he definitely mixes it up.

It's exactly Quinn's scheme versatility that leads me to think he'll be gone.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Still prefer Green to him based on value and scheme fit...but wouldn't hate the pick at all. He's a projection to center though, never played a game there.

Either one would be a good, versatile addition to the interior of the offensive line.
Originally posted by Rathof44:
And sporting a half shirt, former wrestler too...gotta love that....knows leverage.

Meinerz late second or Green in third were two I was debating. Also like Morrissey in 4th/5th range.

Yes yes and YES! If memory serves, DL Patrick Jones had a 1st round grade before the senior bowl, but getting HANDLED by Meinerz lowered his grade. Meinerz is a beast! Maybe he's the new small school OL stud like Larry Allen (Sonoma St) was for Dallas during the 90's?
I would use a 2nd or 3rd on Meinerz. Green in the 3rd would be good as well and I'm also very high on Morrissey, he (or Meinerz) would be an excellent understudy to Mack at C, they could learn how to lead the O-line and then take over for Mack in a year or two.
I like him but I still prefer Creed Humphrey just due to more experience and at a D1 school. I'd be happy with either one at 43 though. If Dickerson's ACL checks out I'll take him too.

Not sure which player I want most after they get a QB, Najee Harris or this guy.

Share 49ersWebzone