LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Quinn Meinerz-C/OG-Wisconsin-Whitewater

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I like the idea of taking an OL in the second who can play RG right away and then C down the road.

I like Quinn Meinerz the most because he's a beast and he's a fun guy to root for.

But would he really be a better pick in the second than other guys who might be there? Like Creed Humphrey?

Asking as a serious question because right now I'm thinking about mocking Meinerz in the second and I want to know if that's nuts.

In my mind the only question mark was level of competition. The senior bowl largely eliminated that concern, but it is still probably holding him back a bit. I would be happy to get him in the 2nd. He really seems to have "it".
I like the idea of taking an OL in the second who can play RG right away and then C down the road.

I like Quinn Meinerz the most because he's a beast and he's a fun guy to root for.

But would he really be a better pick in the second than other guys who might be there? Like Creed Humphrey?

Asking as a serious question because right now I'm thinking about mocking Meinerz in the second and I want to know if that's nuts.

I think the only thing that separates him from Humphrey is level of competition but Meinerz showed up at the Senior Bowl and just dominated. Small school guys who do that tend to fare pretty well. I don't think you can go wrong with either one honestly.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

I think the only thing that separates him from Humphrey is level of competition but Meinerz showed up at the Senior Bowl and just dominated. Small school guys who do that tend to fare pretty well. I don't think you can go wrong with either one honestly.

The question between these two is, which one is a better swing player for BOTH the C and OG positions. Humphrey is without a doubt the best C, but that's all he has played so far in his career. Can he be just as dominant as a G? Meinerz has played RG and spent his opt out year working on his C skills. I think you're both right. Niners can't go wrong with either of these guys.

If not them, then Kendrick Green from Illinois or David Moore from Grambling would be the next best fits for a good swing player.
I wouldn't be mad with this guy in the second round. Some may think it's too early but the dudes a beast. Sometimes you have to reach a little to gain a lot.
Can't get over the "It's pronounced like a drunk person saying Niners" Seems too perfect
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Can't get over the "It's pronounced like a drunk person saying Niners" Seems too perfect

Now that I think about it....sounds like the parking lot in candlestick after a win
Originally posted by Hardcoreniner559:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Freaking monster. Want this guy on our team SO bad. He fits our roster amazingly. I could see him going way higher than expected.

how high you thinking ?

It takes only one team to love him enough to take him in the first. That said, it would be be a shock for a DIII player to go that high, maybe after Ali Marpet became an all pro, teams may be less hesitant if they really believe in the guy.

Ultimately, I would be absolutely shocked if he fell beyond the second round.
Originally posted by Hardcoreniner559:
Freaking monster. Want this guy on our team SO bad. He fits our roster amazingly. I could see him going way higher than expected.

how high you thinking ?

It takes only one team to love him enough to take him in the first. That said, it would be be a shock for a DIII player to go that high, maybe after Ali Marpet became an all pro, teams may be less hesitant if they really believe in the guy.

Ultimately, I would be absolutely shocked if he fell beyond the second round.

i want a CB in 2nd but would be happy if hes the pick
  • Mr711
What's his projection?
Originally posted by MrNineSeven:
What's his projection?

First ballot HOF

Originally posted by Waterbear:
What's his projection?

First ballot HOF

Going around 35-40 now on PFN draft simulator, was going around 100 a couple weeks ago
Quinn Meinerz is a very good player. I think he can make the jump to the NFL successfully. He can play both C and G.

University of Wisconsin Whitewater is like the North Dakota State of their division level. They are actually division 3. But they have won the National Championship several times at their level. They are considered one of the best if not the best at their division level. i have some relatives in that state. I have been on that campus and in their stadium for some games several times. Once in a while they do have some players there. I think he is one of them. Whitewater is about 1 hour west from Milwaukee. It's a little less than 1 hour east from Madison where the Wisconsin Badgers play. It's somewhat in between but a little south by a tiny bit also of where they are both located.
What's his projection?

Greatest player from Wisconsin-Whitewater in the history of the NFL, like ever, obviously.
  • Mr711
What's his projection?

First ballot HOF

Going around 35-40 now on PFN draft simulator, was going around 100 a couple weeks ago

Okay I see Kiper has him going to the Jags in rd 3
What's his projection?

First ballot HOF

Okay I see Kiper has him going to the Jags in rd 3

That is probably a realistic range, there is a bunch of quality oline in the draft but it runs out pretty quickly in the 3rd round. If you need a starter better grab them in round 1 or 2
Share 49ersWebzone