LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 295 users in the forums

Quinn Meinerz-C/OG-Wisconsin-Whitewater

He's been discussed a bunch in the OL thread and killed it at the Senior Bowl but I really think that this would be an outstanding addition to the OL. He's powerful enough that you could put him at guard while having a potential replacement for Mack waiting in the wings. He's 6'3", 320, ran a 4.86 40 with a 1,73 10 yard split, 32 inch vertical and a 7.33 3 cone time at his Pro Day. That puts him up there with some of the best performances of any interior OL this year and over the past few years although due to lack of a Combine, some of those numbers might be a tad bit off but even with that in mind, at 320 pounds what he did was still damn impressive. Just from everything I've seen he's got a very nice combination of speed and power. He's come from out of nowhere, looking like a late 2nd to late 3rd rounder. I've seen comparisons to Ali Marpet of the Bucs but I think if anything this guy is more powerful and definitely thicker built.

The best part is that this guy's already a monster coming out of a small school. I think he's got higher upside than most once you get him with some higher level coaching and strength and conditioning programs.

If it was up to me, I'd trade down in the second, add another pick or two and grab this guy in the later part of the round. When you have small school players like Meinerz come up and ball out at the Senior Bowl, not just hold their own but dominate, it usually bodes pretty well for their NFL outcomes. I think he's a starter at right guard as a rookie and could be the eventually starter at center once he's become a bit more seasoned.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
maybe one trade back from 43 lands us an extra third and then grab him?
  • 91til
  • Veteran
ha^ beat me to it
Originally posted by 91til:
maybe one trade back from 43 lands us an extra third and then grab him?

I don't think that you'd land an extra 3rd trading down in the second round unless it was in 2022 or later but I'd be happy with adding a very early 4th rounder and maybe a 5th next year. The important thing I think is to identify guys that can be likely starters as rookies and Meinerz fits that bill quite well.
I was gonna make a thread for him for weeks. Found him before the senior bowl and loved him ever since. He just sounds like a 49er. Perfect developmental center/ guard for our scheme.
Dude kicks ass while wearing a durag under his helmet. You gotta love it.
Definitely a fan.

The possibility of getting Meinerz and a top CB in the 2nd is why I think trading Jimmy could be a good idea.
One of my favorite players in this draft! I swear there already was a thread on him

Originally posted by Heroism:
Dude kicks ass while wearing a durag under his helmet. You gotta love it.

And sporting a half shirt, former wrestler too...gotta love that....knows leverage.

Meinerz late second or Green in third were two I was debating. Also like Morrissey in 4th/5th range.
[ Edited by Rathof44 on Apr 1, 2021 at 10:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If it was up to me, I'd trade down in the second, add another pick or two and grab this guy in the later part of the round. When you have small school players like Meinerz come up and ball out at the Senior Bowl, not just hold their own but dominate, it usually bodes pretty well for their NFL outcomes. I think he's a starter at right guard as a rookie and could be the eventually starter at center once he's become a bit more seasoned.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing...-ala Fred Quillan to Randy Cross and then Cross to Sapolu. Let him start next to Mack and eventually take over. Good call.
[ Edited by frankieuc68 on Apr 1, 2021 at 11:32 PM ]
We don't need him. We're getting an athletic QB that will transcend pass protection.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
We don't need him. We're getting an athletic QB that will transcend pass protection.

ha, you wish. Mac the Statue looks like the #3 pick. I'd love him as a 49er pick wherever they pick him. Mac will need all the bodyguards he can handle.
I'm curious how teams have him ranked. I think he goes in the 2nd round too.
Share 49ersWebzone