LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

If the Niners draft a RB, which would you take?

If the Niners draft a RB, which would you take?

Not sure we need To use a draft pick on drafting a RB when we have Kyle and Bobby running the show.
Would love to have Felton as a slot wr/rb he just has Kyles vision all over him.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
As of March 30th, apparently the "other" category is running neck and neck with the top RB in the draft in Harris. So out of these late round options, who would you like?

Pooka Williams
Jaret Patterson
Rakeem Boyd
Chris Evans
Jarred Doaks
Javian Hawkins
CJ Marable
Elijah Mitchell
CJ Verdell
Brian Robinson Jr.

Evans. Good at pass pro, excellent pass catcher, frame for every down work 5'11", 220lb, dishes out punishment. 4.45-4.5. Michigan kinda abandoned him, has some solid upside
If Najee fell to 2md I'd take him without hesitation.

Otherwise, Chuba Hubbard has all the speed yoi can ask for and if a big play threat on every touch. He's going to be there in round 4 or 5.

RBs are undervalued more than ever.
Originally posted by boomer49er:
If Najee fell to 2md I'd take him without hesitation.

Otherwise, Chuba Hubbard has all the speed yoi can ask for and if a big play threat on every touch. He's going to be there in round 4 or 5.

RBs are undervalued more than ever.

That was my thinking.

I believe Najee goes first, in the 20's. I can see Etienne there as well or falling into the second hard.

If he was there it would be hard for me to pass up, but i can see the steelers and Jets going RB in the first.

Kinda crazy Saleh would have a prototype QB and RB for Kyle's offense.
Khalil Herbert will be picked in day 3 and will be an steal
Originally posted by strickac:
Sermon in the 3rd, if he's there. I think he'd be a star in Kyle's offense.

Otherwise, Gainwell on day 3. He's what we hoped McKinnon would be.

I'm with you

Although I think I might have Gainwell ahead of Sermon.

But yeah these two guys are the most exciting to me.

And I hope they can add Pooka after the draft.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
HARRIS is the only RB I would take in the 1st round...
If Harris makes it out of the first I can see them trading up for him.
Apparently Najee thought we were gonna draft him prior to the trade up.. makes you wonder how aggressive they will be

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Apparently Najee thought we were gonna draft him prior to the trade up.. makes you wonder how aggressive they will be

"If there was one team that was talking to me hella, it was the … Niners," Harris told Schefter. "I still talk to them a lot, to this day. But I'm talking to them, 'Yeah, man, yeah, we're going to get in a Zoom meeting.'

Bay boy It would be dope to see Najee in a 49er uniform. I saw this dude play in high school. He was already a grown-ass man at 17 years old.
I really think Kyle will benefit from a Bell-Cow type of RB. The dude makes average RB's look elite. Just imagine what he can do with an elite RB that is able to take all the punishment that a committee RB just cannot sustain.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Niners paid a lot of money to Jet McKinnon and injuries made that a bust signing. But, there is a RB in this draft that kind of reminds me of what McKinnon could have been in this offense.

Really interested to see what ppl thinking of Kenneth Gainwell.

My impressions:
Best pass catching RB in the draft. Can line up outside and run crisp routes.
Great vision - and he is super shifty, quick, and has tremendous acceleration
Just gives me chills thinking about him in Shanahan's screen game

Cons:
Undersized
Not a 3 down RB
Didn't play college ball last year
Javonte is still the right answer
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by strickac:
Sermon in the 3rd, if he's there. I think he'd be a star in Kyle's offense.

Otherwise, Gainwell on day 3. He's what we hoped McKinnon would be.

I'm with you

Although I think I might have Gainwell ahead of Sermon.

But yeah these two guys are the most exciting to me.

And I hope they can add Pooka after the draft.

RB could be one of those surprise picks in the mid rounds. We're losing the stable after this year, so they'll need to resign a couple and add a couple in the draft.

Turner has been fantastic adding guy late, but if they really like someone early maybe we pounce to get him under contract at a bargain price for a few years.
Share 49ersWebzone