LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

If the Niners draft a RB, which would you take?

If the Niners draft a RB, which would you take?

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I wouldn't mind taking a look in the 4th - 5th round. Yeah, UDFAs are working I guess, but they're not exactly healthy all the time. This is supposed to be a run first offense, and we're relying on UDFAs to stay healthy week to week....

Maybe invest a little bit more here if thats the plan on offense. Chuba Hubbard seems like a scheme fit for sure.

Sorry I am missing the point here. So, UDFAs are less healthy than draft picks? Not sure I remember ever hearing that before.

if I'm just being honest, probably not. 49er injury problems stretch far beyond any logic and no one really has any answers for it besides "aw shucks, just bad luck".

But if they are going to be running these guys into the ground, you might as well get 4 or 5 RBs on the roster. Seems like we were signing guys off the street week to week last season anyway.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Feb 18, 2021 at 2:24 PM ]
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Demetric Felton

Im not even close to knowing a lot about rbs this year but a rb who also plays/played wr? Sounds good to me.

And yes I know we have Hurd already.
Chuba Hubbard
Originally posted by Bitplayer:
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Demetric Felton

Im not even close to knowing a lot about rbs this year but a rb who also plays/played wr? Sounds good to me.

And yes I know we have Hurd already.

He's more (hopefully) WR who has only played RB.

I voted Sermon. He's likely to go later than the other options listed, and based only off of live viewing, looks to be able to replace everything Wilson Jr gives us
I like Jaret Patterson from Buffalo a lot. Could probably be had in the 6th.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I wouldn't mind taking a look in the 4th - 5th round. Yeah, UDFAs are working I guess, but they're not exactly healthy all the time. This is supposed to be a run first offense, and we're relying on UDFAs to stay healthy week to week....
Maybe invest a little bit more here if thats the plan on offense.

I agree, a great RB is definitely worth a high pick.
Kyle's ego seems like he wants to prove that his offense can succeed with UDFA RB's and late rd QB's because "he's such a genius"
Javonte is the correct answer
Originally posted by btthepunk:
I like Jaret Patterson from Buffalo a lot. Could probably be had in the 6th.

This. Perfect outside zone fit.
Sermon in the 3rd, if he's there. I think he'd be a star in Kyle's offense.

Otherwise, Gainwell on day 3. He's what we hoped McKinnon would be.
I think that RB Kylin Hill MISS ST would be a great addition if they could land him between the 4th-6th rounds.

Originally posted by Heroism:
None. Give me more UDFAs. OG Bobby Turner will find another one.

this
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Heroism:
None. Give me more UDFAs. OG Bobby Turner will find another one.

this

This but if I had to choose.... Michael Carter fits our scheme the best. It would be like having two Mosterts.
Felton, because he can also play WR.
Unless Mostert, Wilson, or Hasty get hurt I wouldnt draft a RB. Too many other needs and they can be found with UDFAs
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Mar 10, 2021 at 6:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Under no circumstance would I draft a RB this year.

I would draft a couple late so you don't have to compete for them in UDFA. That is how the 49ers lost out on James Robinson last draft.

Its not like your average 6th or 7th round pick is going to turn out to be an impact player usually but for this offense, if you can lock up the specific RB prospect you like, that would be well worth it.
Share 49ersWebzone