There are 243 users in the forums

If the Niners draft a RB, which would you take?

If the Niners draft a RB, which would you take?

Niners will have a slot available at RB with Coleman and McKinnon gone. Would you spend a draft pick on a RB and who would you draft? After the Senior Bowl, you would have to consider Michael Carter and Demetric Felton as day 2 options for any NFL team looking for a versatile RB. Etienne and Harris are still fringe round 1 possibilities as the top 2 RB's. I would love to take Carter on day 2 and, if not, wait for day 3 to see if Gainwell or Herbert is still available. Your thoughts..........
Whichever one is available in rounds 6-7
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Chuba Hubbard late 3rd/early 4th. Or Khalil Herbert in the 5thish range
None. Give me more UDFAs. OG Bobby Turner will find another one.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 18, 2021 at 12:45 PM ]
Obviously I would love Najee, Carter, or Javonte, but realistically, I see a selection either late in the draft or UDFA. CJ Marable or CJ Verdell are guys to keep an eye on.
[ Edited by AsianJeff on Feb 18, 2021 at 12:52 PM ]
Demetric Felton
  • thl408
Originally posted by miked1978:

x2. I'd be okay with round 8 too.
btw, I'm surprised Jermar Jefferson isn't on the list. I watched his tape a few days ago. Dude is a beast. If he's available on day 3, that's someone I'd definitely consider.
The other category seems to be running away with this early in the voting. Candidates look like:

CJ Verdell
Jermar Jefferson
Pooka Williams
Brian Robinson Jr.
CJ Marable
Chuba Hubbard

Anyone else you would add to this list?
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Feb 18, 2021 at 8:00 PM ]
I wouldn't mind taking a look in the 4th - 5th round. Yeah, UDFAs are working I guess, but they're not exactly healthy all the time. This is supposed to be a run first offense, and we're relying on UDFAs to stay healthy week to week....

Maybe invest a little bit more here if thats the plan on offense. Chuba Hubbard seems like a scheme fit for sure.
[ Edited by Ensatsu on Feb 18, 2021 at 2:08 PM ]

Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I wouldn't mind taking a look in the 4th - 5th round. Yeah, UDFAs are working I guess, but they're not exactly healthy all the time. This is supposed to be a run first offense, and we're relying on UDFAs to stay healthy week to week....

Maybe invest a little bit more here if thats the plan on offense. Chuba Hubbard seems like a scheme fit for sure.

Sorry I am missing the point here. So, UDFAs are less healthy than draft picks? Not sure I remember ever hearing that before.
Originally posted by English:
Sorry I am missing the point here. So, UDFAs are less healthy than draft picks? Not sure I remember ever hearing that before.

Lol
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by miked1978:

x2. I'd be okay with round 8 too.

Round 9 would work for me.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

I think it's more of a balanced offense than run first. Kyle tries to make it as close to 50/50 as possible. Having said that, if he can find a RB that he likes in round 4 - or earlier - great. But I'd rather have him find the same back lower in the draft or even the undrafted section. That saves a ton on cap space and draft capital.

What I will say about Kyles run game is that it's failed him or he wasn't confident in it - in the fourth quarter - of two championship games to call more runs. I have a problem with that, if Kyle's whole offense revolves around a good ground game.
Originally posted by English:

Glad I'm not the only one who interpreted it like this haha
Share 49ersWebzone