There are 346 users in the forums

where would Najee Harrie go?

Originally posted by BamaNiner:
Not sure if y'all have seen or heard any of his interviews. He's a super cerebral and respectful kid. Extremely intelligent. He's going to be an absolute stud. He's got everything you want in a franchise back and hasn't been ran into the ground in college either.
Would love to have him but wouldn't make much sense at 12 and won't make it to our 2nd pick.

Is he the best RB Bama has had? I think he could be as dominant as Henry from what I've seen.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Not sure if y'all have seen or heard any of his interviews. He's a super cerebral and respectful kid. Extremely intelligent. He's going to be an absolute stud. He's got everything you want in a franchise back and hasn't been ran into the ground in college either.
Would love to have him but wouldn't make much sense at 12 and won't make it to our 2nd pick.

Is he the best RB Bama has had? I think he could be as dominant as Henry from what I've seen.

Best RB college wise on Bama I'd say was Trent Richardson, man I thought he'd be a 1,000 yard rusher every yr.
  • 91til
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
I can see cardinals taking this dude. 1-2 punch of Harris and drake

It'd be 70%-30% by game 3, Harris>>>Drake.

I digress but having Drake in FF this year and watching a few Cards games..... talk about the opposite of Kyle as far as creatively incorporating the run... it was like they literally just ran "just because," they'd run these stupid shotgun inside zone plays over and over, it was unbelievable how predictable it was it literally was like Kliff (is that really how you spell his name? 😂) didn't give a s**t if the runs gained any yardage

Just seemed like a terrible system to play in for a RB
[ Edited by 91til on Jan 13, 2021 at 7:37 PM ]

I haven't thought about this in a while, but I'll rank them and add some comments below. Also, Bama's offense changed from run heavy to a more modern style following D Henry, so around 2016 or so. The talent to come through has been amazing so there's some good backs I'll leave off: Josh Jacobs, TJ Yeldon, Kenyon Drake, Damien Harris

So we are left with Ingram, Lacy, Richardson, Henry, and Harris.
Mark Ingram is last out of these 5. Great runner, strong, smart, great balance, won a heisman and has been a solid back for a decade in the NFL. Not quite as explosive as the other guys.
Eddie Lacy would be 4th. He actually may be the most naturally gifted of them all. Just crazy instincts, strength and a killer spin move. But as you can see from his short career, he was never fully devoted to football. One of those guys who could just play, we all played ball with someone like that. Could've been more, but great college career and a few great years in GB.
This is where it gets tough. Making this list with what we know now, I will put T Rich 3rd. As the poster above was saying, this dude was bad to the bone in college. Built like a power lifter with functional athleticism and lateral ability. It became evident that his vision wasn't there in the NFL, but he would just bust through traffic in college. Even with his husks moves and cuts, he didn't show a lot of patience or anything at Bama. He was just that much more physical than college defenders. I still believe he could've had a great career but he let too many outsiders in and influence his life. He tried to help some friends and family out and ended up always having like 20 people live with him and had a few daughters. Completely lost focus and that was a wrap.
I'm gonna go Najee in the two hole. What a career. Came in as the top prospect with crazy hype even for Bama. Didnt get much of a chance his freshmen year till the title game with Georgia when he went off. Ripped off big run after big run and got his first title. Was solid and even spectacular his junior year. Then he just hit a different level this year. He's got it all. Size, speed, agility, hands, route running, and the wiggle to take as soft a hit as possible. Going to be a great pro.
Gotta go Henry 1. Pretty much completely off his junior year and performance in the championship vs Clemson. Ran for over 2200 yards and then 158 and 3 TDs and legit carried us to a 45-40 win over Drshain Watson for the title. He just doesnt stop. Wears the d down and then right through them.
Sorry for the long post but there's my rankings
I wouldn't be opposed to us taking him at all. He would be a perfect fit and is that style running back we are missing. Someone like him would be huge for our offense - I also believe he will stay healthy, unlike all our running backs (not their fault but we rarely had our guys for more than a game at a time.)
Where would Najee Harrie go? Not to the 49ers. We haven't drafted a running back in the first seven rounds in four years besides Joe Williams. Same thing with a QB besides CJ Beathard. How do you build a franchise that way, I have no clue.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Dolphins with there 2nd first rounder pick would be ideal.

Teams are starting to learn there lessons with RBs getting drafted high. Look at the most recent backs picked in the top 10. All of the teams are still picking in the top 10 this year. LOL

E Elliot
L Fourenette
C McCaffrey
S Barkley

All of these teams were trash prior to when the player was selected. Situations matter.
Mostert is amazing when 100% but is getting close to 30, and Harris would be a clear upgrade over anyone else, so adding him would help the team win. But you just know they will find another good UDFA and/or sign another cheap proven guy like Coleman, so they can use their draft picks on more expensive positions.
Pittsburgh makes sense. I thought Harris would be great on the Chargers. That offense can be a force with better Oline and replacing the loss of Melvin Gordon.

The Chargers are drafting earlier in the draft though then where Harris is projected.

I haven't thought about this in a while, but I'll rank them and add some comments below. Also, Bama's offense changed from run heavy to a more modern style following D Henry, so around 2016 or so. The talent to come through has been amazing so there's some good backs I'll leave off: Josh Jacobs, TJ Yeldon, Kenyon Drake, Damien Harris

So we are left with Ingram, Lacy, Richardson, Henry, and Harris.
Mark Ingram is last out of these 5. Great runner, strong, smart, great balance, won a heisman and has been a solid back for a decade in the NFL. Not quite as explosive as the other guys.
Eddie Lacy would be 4th. He actually may be the most naturally gifted of them all. Just crazy instincts, strength and a killer spin move. But as you can see from his short career, he was never fully devoted to football. One of those guys who could just play, we all played ball with someone like that. Could've been more, but great college career and a few great years in GB.
This is where it gets tough. Making this list with what we know now, I will put T Rich 3rd. As the poster above was saying, this dude was bad to the bone in college. Built like a power lifter with functional athleticism and lateral ability. It became evident that his vision wasn't there in the NFL, but he would just bust through traffic in college. Even with his husks moves and cuts, he didn't show a lot of patience or anything at Bama. He was just that much more physical than college defenders. I still believe he could've had a great career but he let too many outsiders in and influence his life. He tried to help some friends and family out and ended up always having like 20 people live with him and had a few daughters. Completely lost focus and that was a wrap.
I'm gonna go Najee in the two hole. What a career. Came in as the top prospect with crazy hype even for Bama. Didnt get much of a chance his freshmen year till the title game with Georgia when he went off. Ripped off big run after big run and got his first title. Was solid and even spectacular his junior year. Then he just hit a different level this year. He's got it all. Size, speed, agility, hands, route running, and the wiggle to take as soft a hit as possible. Going to be a great pro.
Gotta go Henry 1. Pretty much completely off his junior year and performance in the championship vs Clemson. Ran for over 2200 yards and then 158 and 3 TDs and legit carried us to a 45-40 win over Drshain Watson for the title. He just doesnt stop. Wears the d down and then right through them.
Sorry for the long post but there's my rankings

Solid post. Thanks.

I think you're right about Harris vs Henry. I just think Harris fits the modern day RB role better with his route running.

Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Dolphins with there 2nd first rounder pick would be ideal.

Teams are starting to learn there lessons with RBs getting drafted high. Look at the most recent backs picked in the top 10. All of the teams are still picking in the top 10 this year. LOL

E Elliot
L Fourenette
C McCaffrey
S Barkley

All of these teams were trash prior to when the player was selected. Situations matter.

Yup. I actually think a top flight RB could help us get over the top. But I highly doubt we draft one. I like Etiene, Harris, and Williams a lot.
Harris is a beast, but I don't think Harris has that homerun speed that Kyle wants.

Kyle wants someone that is a threat to take it to the house on every touch. Basically, his dream RB is Jamaal Charles.
I would be happy if we drafted him. We could most likely trade back a few spots and still pick him up. I don't believe he will make it to the second round like many believe
Originally posted by 91til:
Originally posted by Rathof44:
Originally posted by 49ERnation:
I can see cardinals taking this dude. 1-2 punch of Harris and drake

It'd be 70%-30% by game 3, Harris>>>Drake.

I digress but having Drake in FF this year and watching a few Cards games..... talk about the opposite of Kyle as far as creatively incorporating the run... it was like they literally just ran "just because," they'd run these stupid shotgun inside zone plays over and over, it was unbelievable how predictable it was it literally was like Kliff (is that really how you spell his name? 😂) didn't give a s**t if the runs gained any yardage

Just seemed like a terrible system to play in for a RB

Agreed. Not sure he had a touchdown run longer than 1 or 2 yards.
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Where would Najee Harrie go? Not to the 49ers. We haven't drafted a running back in the first seven rounds in four years besides Joe Williams. Same thing with a QB besides CJ Beathard. How do you build a franchise that way, I have no clue.

Damn, that's actually true. I guess Carlos Hyde was the last guy we invested in.
Share 49ersWebzone