LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 216 users in the forums

where would Najee Harrie go?

Dolphins with there 2nd first rounder pick would be ideal.

Teams are starting to learn there lessons with RBs getting drafted high. Look at the most recent backs picked in the top 10. All of the teams are still picking in the top 10 this year. LOL

E Elliot
L Fourenette
C McCaffrey
S Barkley
I think he will be there at 12 but the obvious needs on the O-line and defensive backs may overshadow drafting him. Also, if the Niners are looking for a QB they will have to add the 12th pick in any trade.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Thinking about Najee as a Niner gives me wood.

An old mock draft from BR, I thnk, has Najee being drafted by SF in the 2nd. No way that happens now. Also, doubt the niners under this regime would ever take a running back that high unless they had CMC potential.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Thinking about Najee as a Niner gives me wood.

I wish we had the luxury of using our 1st pick on him but we don't. Imagine a stud RB like him that can run and catch in Kyle's system. Oh ya, he's from the Bay Area to boot.
late 1st rounder to a championship roster, Tampa Bay would make sense
Originally posted by richterkbelmont:
Perhaps a playoffs team picking late in the draft like the Steelers or Bills.

He'd be awesome in Buffalo. They really need an every down back. I don't think Moss or Singletary are that.
I would LOVE for the Niners to take Harris. I know its a luxury pick, but Mosterst is a change of pace back that gets hurt. Wilson is good, but Naje Harris would give you 5 years of a great RB. A great RB would make teams respect the run and play action.

Would not disapoint if they draft him but I know DL, DE (yuk yuk) or OT, or QB or CB could alo be picked
Originally posted by 9erred:
I would LOVE for the Niners to take Harris. I know its a luxury pick, but Mosterst is a change of pace back that gets hurt. Wilson is good, but Naje Harris would give you 5 years of a great RB. A great RB would make teams respect the run and play action.

Would not disapoint if they draft him but I know DL, DE (yuk yuk) or OT, or QB or CB could alo be picked

I just want them to pick any guy that can help this team. OL, DB. or any other position. Pick the best player at any of the posotions that need to get better and you usually end up a better team. When you reach or gamble in the first round on a guy that's been injured or had off field problems is when you end up losing out.
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:

I just want them to pick any guy that can help this team. OL, DB. or any other position. Pick the best player at any of the posotions that need to get better and you usually end up a better team. When you reach or gamble in the first round on a guy that's been injured or had off field problems is when you end up losing out.

Yes but Naje Harris has not been injured, has low wear and tear because of depth at Bama. Agree, no off the field problems
Yes but Naje Harris has not been injured, has low wear and tear because of depth at Bama. Agree, no off the field problems

I was referring to picking guys like Foster and so many others around the league that flamed out. I know Harris hasn't been hurt. RB just isn't high on their priority list. You're right about the wear nd tear. So many RBs get overused in college that they are halfway worn out by the time they get to the NFL. Saban has done a good job of not over using him.
[ Edited by CatchMaster80 on Jan 13, 2021 at 2:00 PM ]

Originally posted by pdfortune:
The Steelers was my thought too. They have really lost their identity on offense. The Bears are another team.

He was awesome at Antioch High. I saw him hurdle a De La Salle player and get penalized since for some reason California penalize it. He was the top ranked player in High School. His backstory is interesting. He has overcome a lot of hardships.

Both those are excellent destinations. Pittsburgh's inability to run the football when they needed to is a primary reason why they are off fishing right now. Conner is solid but he's not a franchise back the way Pittsburgh likes to have them. Chicago is another. If they can't make a significant upgrade at QB then the next best thing would be to beef up the OL and add a monster RB to go with their defense.

If Seattle hadn't traded two 1st round picks for Adams, I'd imagine that he would have been high on their radar, even after using/wasting a 1st on Penny a few years back. The Jets wouldn't surprise me, in the late 1st or early 2nd.
I love how he always stood out to me as super shifty and runs with good balance. Maybe 2nd round for us, but I have a lot more pressing concerns with our roster and have faith in us finding serviceable talent for Bobby Turner and Shannahan to mold.
  • Mr711
How about the fact he said f**k you to De La Salle and stayed true to his roots. While he watched his friends jump ship and go to De La Salle. Solid story and great to see him succeed
Originally posted by MrNineSeven:
How about the fact he said f**k you to De La Salle and stayed true to his roots. While he watched his friends jump ship and go to De La Salle. Solid story and great to see him succeed

I always wondered how De La Salle didn't get him.
Not sure if y'all have seen or heard any of his interviews. He's a super cerebral and respectful kid. Extremely intelligent. He's going to be an absolute stud. He's got everything you want in a franchise back and hasn't been ran into the ground in college either.
Would love to have him but wouldn't make much sense at 12 and won't make it to our 2nd pick.
Share 49ersWebzone