LISTEN: Way Too Early 49ers Roster Prediction →

There are 98 users in the forums

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Shop 49ers game tickets

Zach Wilson, QB, Denver Broncos

Originally posted by Gabberwocky:
Originally posted by jersey49er:
We're at 12 now, going to beat Dallas and lose the two after so we should be around the same spot, idc this organization needs to trade up for Wilson I think going up to around 7 he's still there.

1. New York Jets (0-13)
Strength of Schedule: .599
Remaining Games: @LAR, CLE, @NE

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-12)
Strength of Schedule: .546
Remaining Games: @BAL, CHI, @IND

3. Cincinnati Bengals (2-10-1)
Strength of Schedule: .532
Remaining Games: PIT, @HOU, BAL

4. Dallas Cowboys (4-9)
Strength of Schedule: .488
Remaining Games: SF, PHI, @NYG

5. Los Angeles Chargers (4-9)
Remaining Games: @LV, DEN, @KC

6. Carolina Panthers (4-9)
Strength of Schedule: .538
Remaining Games: @GB, @WSH, NO

7. Atlanta Falcons (4-9)
Remaining Games: TB, @KC, @TB

8. Miami Dolphins (from Houston 4-9)
Strength of Schedule (HOU): .546
Remaining Games (HOU): @IND, CIN, TEN

9. Philadelphia Eagles (4-8-1)
Remaining Games: @ARI, @DAL, WSH

10. New York Giants (5-8)
Strength of Schedule: .498
Remaining Games: CLE, @BAL, DAL

11. Detroit Lions (5-8)
Strength of Schedule: .510
Remaining Games: @TEN, TB, MIN

4 teams in the top 7 who could take a QB, trade up 6 spots with the Panthers and Wilson is ours. I'd hate it but I don't see any other scenario where next years 1st rd pick wont be included but I'd do it. This years 1st, next years 1st should get it done. Hopefully.

If it stays this way we've must at least jump Carolina and possibly Jacksonville. Although in truth Fields would be tough to pass on regardless of school history. The man is an supremely gifted quarterback.

But at least we must jump to 5 if this standings hold. Especially considering that Carolina or someone else my choose to jump anhead as well.

I agree and hopefully only giving up our 1st next year is enough, right now I believe the 12th pick is worth 1200 and the 5th is 1700, the last pick in the 1st rd is 590. So even if we pick 32nd next year we still would be over paying by 90, but then again teams knowing other teams want a QB they will be asking for more.
Lose out and we could skyrocket close to top 5. Dallas,NYG, Philly combined will get some wins and hopefully all finish with better records.
If all it took to get Wilson was to offer this and next years 1st I'd jump on it, then trade down in the 2nd and add a 3rd and fill the C/RG hole and a CB depending on board value and keep that mindset going in the 4th/5th unless a value Edge player is available.

Landon Dickerson
Drake Jackson
Alec Lindstrom
Tyler Linderbaum

Israel Mukuamu
Rodarius Williams
Elijah Molden
Roger McCreary
Josh Jobe

Shaka Toney
Malcom Koonce
Jordan Smith
Originally posted by irishluder:
If all it took to get Wilson was to offer this and next years 1st I'd jump on it, then trade down in the 2nd and add a 3rd and fill the C/RG hole and a CB depending on board value and keep that mindset going in the 4th/5th unless a value Edge player is available.

Landon Dickerson
Drake Jackson
Alec Lindstrom
Tyler Linderbaum

Israel Mukuamu
Rodarius Williams
Elijah Molden
Roger McCreary
Josh Jobe

Shaka Toney
Malcom Koonce
Jordan Smith

I like your thinking, and the prospects you posted.
We're at 12 now, going to beat Dallas and lose the two after so we should be around the same spot, idc this organization needs to trade up for Wilson I think going up to around 7 he's still there.

1. New York Jets (0-13)

4. Dallas Cowboys (4-9)

7. Atlanta Falcons (4-9)

11. Detroit Lions (5-8)

4 teams in the top 7 who could take a QB, trade up 6 spots with the Panthers and Wilson is ours. I'd hate it but I don't see any other scenario where next years 1st rd pick wont be included but I'd do it. This years 1st, next years 1st should get it done. Hopefully.

If it stays this way we've must at least jump Carolina and possibly Jacksonville. Although in truth Fields would be tough to pass on regardless of school history. The man is an supremely gifted quarterback.

But at least we must jump to 5 if this standings hold. Especially considering that Carolina or someone else my choose to jump anhead as well.

I agree and hopefully only giving up our 1st next year is enough, right now I believe the 12th pick is worth 1200 and the 5th is 1700, the last pick in the 1st rd is 590. So even if we pick 32nd next year we still would be over paying by 90, but then again teams knowing other teams want a QB they will be asking for more.

Me thinks it will take more than our first pick this season. It would probably take TWO first round picks. And while I think that's worth it for a supremely talented quarterback, I suspect Shanahan won't. He didn't even think Mahomes or Watson was worth ONE first round pick.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Dec 14, 2020 at 12:07 PM ]
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

1. New York Jets (0-13)

4. Dallas Cowboys (4-9)

7. Atlanta Falcons (4-9)

11. Detroit Lions (5-8)

Me thinks it will take more than our first pick this season. It would probably take TWO first round picks. And while I think that's worth it for a supremely talented quarterback, I suspect Shanahan won't. He didn't even think Mahomes or Watson was worth ONE first round pick.

There is the chance he could've changed his thinking since 2017.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

1. New York Jets (0-13)

4. Dallas Cowboys (4-9)

7. Atlanta Falcons (4-9)

11. Detroit Lions (5-8)

There is the chance he could've changed his thinking since 2017.

One can hope

Yep you know a team will also want extra pick in this draft not just a deferred pick.
I know we would if we where the team trading back.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

One can dream... no way he lasts to 12. He might even go 2.
I think there's a good chance the 49ers will be able to get their guy if we end up picking around 10ish.

The biggest question is: Who will their guy be?

That's just silly dude.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I think there's a good chance the 49ers will be able to get their guy if we end up picking around 10ish.

The biggest question is: Who will their guy be?

Lance/Wilson sign me up....spending a top 10 pick on Jones

That's just silly dude.

You don't think it's possible Jacksonville chooses Wilson over Fields? It's a long shot at this point, sure, but not impossible. (of course, should they leave us Fields, that's not a loss haha)
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Dec 14, 2020 at 2:22 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone