LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Which is YOUR top WR in the draft?

Which is YOUR top WR in the draft?

I know these are the top 3 WR but which would you go for if available?
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Ayiuk at 31 (or tade down) as opposed to any at 13.

Would love a small trade down at 13 as well before we sect anyone. That said if i had to take a WR id say Ruggs or Jeudy. Would rather wait for 2nd wave of WRs before going Lamb
Jeudy. But he wont be there at 13. Any smart GM would draft him top 10.
Jeudy. He's the purest route runner in the draft. Seems like he's got a high football IQ and is a student of the game. I don't think Jimmy G's strength is going thru all his progressions (yet). So knowing a receiver will be in a certain spot at a certain time is huge. Sure Ruggs is more of a game breaker and his speed is breathtaking but I'll take JJ's precision all day long!
[ Edited by pete98146 on Mar 24, 2020 at 4:45 PM ]
Jerreh
Any of these dudes run the hill with 80 yet?
That'll be a tell.
Originally posted by krizay:
Ayiuk at 31 (or tade down) as opposed to any at 13.

Would love a small trade down at 13 as well before we sect anyone. That said if i had to take a WR id say Ruggs or Jeudy. Would rather wait for 2nd wave of WRs before going Lamb

Aiyuk would be one of the best consolation prizes if the top 3 are already gone after a trade down. Would be ecstatic to get him as our #1 WR.
Ruggs. Elite speed+excellent route running+strong hands and a guy who has shown outstanding football IQ and awareness. He's not quite the technician that Jeudy is but his speed opens up the field far more for everyone else. He can beat you at all three levels. You sleep on him for a second and he's housing it. If all goes well, he's Tyreek Hill.

Beyond that, Jeudy would be my second choice. Elite technician and route runner, hands are kind of iffy sometimes, basically you're drafting Amari Cooper all over again.

Lamb I'm not as sold on as the other two.

Also keep in mind that this regime seems to be really big on the SPARQ numbers as well.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I wouldn't mind Mims at #31, but we're probably looking to trade down with that pick. At #13 I like any of the top 3 wideouts.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 24, 2020 at 10:44 PM ]
Ruggs deep speed is stunning.
Jeudy - I wonder if he is as smooth at the NFL level

Why aren't more people high on Chase Claypool? What round is he expected to get drafted in?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HearstFan:
Ruggs deep speed is stunning.
Jeudy - I wonder if he is as smooth at the NFL level

Why aren't more people high on Chase Claypool? What round is he expected to get drafted in?

He'd probably be there at #31.
Athletically - Ruggs is a somewhat freaky, I know Alabama had Jerry and Devonta., but wonder why they didn't make better use of Ruggs. The only things I worry is him holding up in the NFL. Kyle can scheme him open so that he won't be jammed by bigger DB.

His mitts are bigger than the others even though he is smaller and his vertical negates any height advantage the others have on him not to mention broadjump which indicates his explosiveness. DBs have to respect his speed, so he will have lots of cushion. Because Kyle has so many packages, there is no real wr1 that will be playing all the time. Those jet sweeps and end arounds will cause teams to really focus if it is eye candy or not.

I really think he can be like Tyrek Hill. If we trade down, they maybe able to pick up Jefferson if they want wr. Lot of ways the niners can go. Though a lot of people on this board at this time always like the flash pick.

Bet on people going wait what just happened. NO NO NO-
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Ruggs. Elite speed+excellent route running+strong hands and a guy who has shown outstanding football IQ and awareness. He's not quite the technician that Jeudy is but his speed opens up the field far more for everyone else. He can beat you at all three levels. You sleep on him for a second and he's housing it. If all goes well, he's Tyreek Hill.

Beyond that, Jeudy would be my second choice. Elite technician and route runner, hands are kind of iffy sometimes, basically you're drafting Amari Cooper all over again.

Lamb I'm not as sold on as the other two.

Also keep in mind that this regime seems to be really big on the SPARQ numbers as well.

SPARQ isn't really relevant for Jeudy unless you toss out the shuttle time because we know he's quick/athletic from tape and just had an atrocious time on one drill. 4.53 is a time DTs run for the 20 yard shuttle and he isn't that slow and isn't just a straight line athlete like Metcalf.

His measurables are almost identical to Lamb's once you take that out which would put him around the 60th-70th percentile.
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Mar 25, 2020 at 4:59 AM ]
At the moment, Ruggs. Closest thing to Tyreek Hill you'll find in this class.

Next, I think Mims -- if healthy -- could wind up the best receiver in the class if he learns to be a better route salesman. There's a lot he does well, and then there's other tools he has shown in glimpses but there's things in the NFL you can't be totally sure he will easily adjust to.

Top pick: Ruggs

"If" pick: Mims

Darkhorse pick: Bryan Edwards
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 25, 2020 at 7:30 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
At the moment, Ruggs. Closest thing to Tyreek Hill you'll find in this class.

Next, I think Mims -- if healthy -- could wind up the best receiver in the class if he learns to be a better route salesman. There's a lot he does well, and then there's other tools he has shown in glimpses but there's things in the NFL you can't be totally sure he will easily adjust to.

Top pick: Ruggs

"If" pick: Mims

Darkhorse pick: Bryan Edwards

Finally, someone else who likes Mims - I'd take him at #31, but they're probably going to trade down.
Share 49ersWebzone