There are 173 users in the forums

Which is YOUR top WR in the draft?

Which is YOUR top WR in the draft?

Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Best scheme fit: Jerry Jeudy....short to intermediate routes that turns into a monster after the catch.

Ruggs is nice but even when Goodwin was healthy, KS hardly ever dialed up anything deep during games. Wouldn't be upset if we get him though.

Lamb is my 3rd favorite, very productive no matter who the QB was at OU. Excelled in contested catches and not bad of a route runner himself.

Would be stoked with any of those 3 "IF" we go WR at #13.

Ruggs isn't just a deep threat, he's actually one of the more diverse WRs in this draft class

  • thl408
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 19,525
Of these top 3 WRs, can someone rank the guy most likely to make football priority #1 to least likely.
Of the three,in my opinion, Ceedee Lamb looks like a #1 WR on day one. Reminds me of DeAndre Hopkins.

I think Lamb goes first, Raiders can't help but take the speedster Ruggs, and Jeudy is there for us at 13.

And they better run that card up there if that happens. F*ck all that noise about taking an OL at 13. If one of those top three receivers is there for us, you take him, no questions asked.
I don't care who. Give me the guy with the best hands. The drops were absolutely killer this season. Deebo while amazing would've put up roy numbers If he held onto balls that hit him in the chest
Originally posted by thl408:
Of these top 3 WRs, can someone rank the guy most likely to make football priority #1 to least likely.

They're all A+ guys in that aspect. All football and good locker room guys from what I've read.
Changing my vote to Lamb. I can see the DeAndre Hopkins comparison. He's bigger, quicker, and more explosive than Jeudy and has better hands but needs work as a route runner. Jeudy has a higher floor, but Lamb has a higher ceiling and is much better after the catch. Ruggs would be a good consolation prize and should have been thrown to more at Alabama.

It's not a coincidence that every receiver at Alabama has looked good playing with Tu'a. Jeudy was force fed the ball this year and was the least productive of their 3 WRs on a per catch basis. Alabama should have thrown to Ruggs more often and you can see plenty of Jeudy highlights where Ruggs is wide open but the ball goes to Jeudy instead.

DeVonta Smith was the best Alabama receiver statistically this year and he probably would have been a second round pick if he came out. Jaylen Waddle looked like a top WR last year too.
Smith (13 games): 68 receptions for 1256 yards and 14 TDs on 91 targets. Catch rate = 75%, Y/T = 13.8. 96.6 YPG
Jeudy (13 games): 77 receptions for 1163 yards and 10 TDs on 110 targets. Catch rate = 70%, Y/T = 10.6. 89.5 YPG
Ruggs (12 games): 40 receptions for 746 yards and 7 TDs on 58 targets. Catch rate = 69%, Y/T = 12.9. 62.2 YPG
Lamb (14 games): 62 receptions for 1327 yards and 14 TDs on 94 targets. Catch rate = 66%, Y/T = 14.1. 94.8 YPG

Jeudy 2018 (15 games): 68 receptions for 1315 yards and 14 TDs on 104 targets. Catch rate = 65%, Y/T = 12.6. 87.7 YPG

This year Oklahoma also played a far tougher schedule than Alabama (10th in Sagarin rankings compared to 49th). Alabama threw for 4449 yards compared to 4164 yards for Oklahoma (and Oklahoma played an extra game). Lamb was the guy to stop for Oklahoma this year but still put up far more efficient numbers than Jeudy and Ruggs playing against better opponents with a worse QB. Lamb's 2019 season is also better than Jeudy's 2018 season when he was hyped as the #1 WR in the class.
Good Stuff EastCoast,

I dont think the 49ers can go wrong with any of the top 3 guys. Each of them can run vertical, and play between the hashmarks.

I originally liked Lamb the most too, but I really think the two Bama guys can create more separation in short yardage.

Im torn, I really like all three.

Plus, I think Mims has some Randy Moss in him( with TO hands). At full stride, i am not sure that dude gets caught.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Changing my vote to Lamb. I can see the DeAndre Hopkins comparison. He's bigger, quicker, and more explosive than Jeudy and has better hands but needs work as a route runner. Jeudy has a higher floor, but Lamb has a higher ceiling and is much better after the catch. Ruggs would be a good consolation prize and should have been thrown to more at Alabama.

It's not a coincidence that every receiver at Alabama has looked good playing with Tu'a. Jeudy was force fed the ball this year and was the least productive of their 3 WRs on a per catch basis. Alabama should have thrown to Ruggs more often and you can see plenty of Jeudy highlights where Ruggs is wide open but the ball goes to Jeudy instead.

DeVonta Smith was the best Alabama receiver statistically this year and he probably would have been a second round pick if he came out. Jaylen Waddle looked like a top WR last year too.
Smith (13 games): 68 receptions for 1256 yards and 14 TDs on 91 targets. Catch rate = 75%, Y/T = 13.8. 96.6 YPG
Jeudy (13 games): 77 receptions for 1163 yards and 10 TDs on 110 targets. Catch rate = 70%, Y/T = 10.6. 89.5 YPG
Ruggs (12 games): 40 receptions for 746 yards and 7 TDs on 58 targets. Catch rate = 69%, Y/T = 12.9. 62.2 YPG
Lamb (14 games): 62 receptions for 1327 yards and 14 TDs on 94 targets. Catch rate = 66%, Y/T = 14.1. 94.8 YPG

Jeudy 2018 (15 games): 68 receptions for 1315 yards and 14 TDs on 104 targets. Catch rate = 65%, Y/T = 12.6. 87.7 YPG

This year Oklahoma also played a far tougher schedule than Alabama (10th in Sagarin rankings compared to 49th). Alabama threw for 4449 yards compared to 4164 yards for Oklahoma (and Oklahoma played an extra game). Lamb was the guy to stop for Oklahoma this year but still put up far more efficient numbers than Jeudy and Ruggs playing against better opponents with a worse QB. Lamb's 2019 season is also better than Jeudy's 2018 season when he was hyped as the #1 WR in the class.

All good stuff right here.

You look at Lamb on tape, and you see what he can do after the catch, at that size. Dude just makes people miss and finds a way into the endzone. Lamb is a stud.
Out of these 3-Lamb for me. But my best WR in this draft is: Higgins,,, (w/Shenault, Mims, or Golden-Gandy honorable mention).
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
I don't care who. Give me the guy with the best hands. The drops were absolutely killer this season. Deebo while amazing would've put up roy numbers If he held onto balls that hit him in the chest

When youre winning, nobody sees these things, except those w/a keen eye. Agreed!! here's lookin at u kid..

Originally posted by toppdogg32:
Originally posted by Jubwub88:
I don't care who. Give me the guy with the best hands. The drops were absolutely killer this season. Deebo while amazing would've put up roy numbers If he held onto balls that hit him in the chest

When youre winning, nobody sees these things, except those w/a keen eye. Agreed!! here's lookin at u kid..

hat's very true....but there were so many throws last year into fairly active coverage. We did not see great separation. Yes there was some dropped wide open catches...but in general, we did not see a ton a lot of our guys beating their guys. We saw some drawn up plays that worked when we needed them to work(IE playaction stuff) , but the bread and butter our guy beats your guys....we didn't get a lot of that.

Let's see how the maturation of Deebo goes, but I think the best favor we can do to Deebo, Kittle and Jimmy G...is get them some one that can get open quick. This offense needs some easy throws out of 3 step drop.

That alone is why I am really shifting to Ruggs. He was above average running quick slants. I think at flanker one or two steps out of the break he will create separation against NFL level CBs. When you compound this with (as everyone wants to keep pointing out) legit NFL level deep threat levels of speed....you have an actual NFL mismatch. Plus the guy can Mirror the stuff Deebo did last year. Defenses cant just favor one or the other. With all the miss direction the 49ers run, defenses just cant sell out on pursuit, or favor a side. Both Deebo and Ruggs could reverse, or double reverse or screen...bubble screen..whatever. Both can run go routs, both can play between the hash marks. Both are willing down field blockers.

As much as i really like Lamb, and to an extent JJ.... Ruggs just fits so darn well.
Share 49erswebzone