There are 235 users in the forums

2020 DT prospects

Ok Buckner gone, sucks !!! But let's go, NY, Phoenix, all others post some replacements please.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
James Lynch is a beast a should be there in the 2nd or 3rd rounds!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Lol I love it

Realizes we have no 2nd or 3rd rounders...

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Realizes we have no 2nd or 3rd rounders...

Of course I'm talking about trading down!!
The Niners were always going to be flipping that #31 pick for some day 2 draft capital. There are a bunch of teams with draft capital to burn (Miami, Denver, Jacksonville, NY Jets, Oakland and Philly) so the Niners should be able to find a dance partner to get them the replacement picks they traded away last year for Ford and Sanders. At least now, they could find DeFo's replacement or take one of the top 5 WR's at #13 before they dangle their 2nd first round pick to the highest bidder.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Time to watch more film on Kinlaw.
Originally posted by Hopper:

Exactly what I me doing now, along with Justin Madubuike from A&M
Originally posted by Hopper:

Kinlaw if they want to go DT super early. I'm skeptical about that but he and Armstead could make for a formidable duo for a few years.

Then again...

I asked Walt (Walter's Football) who the Niners should take at #13...he said DT Javon Kinlaw, assuming Derrick Brown's off the board. If not, he's the pick. Both guys are coming out of the SEC, so are definitely battle-tested. I know some Niner fans will scream at taking yet another DL with the first pick, but it makes the most sense. They need to find a guy who can be disruptive, strong at the point of attack and team with AA to keep our DL strong. Getting DJ Jones back will be huge...he came into his own last season. Still, you have to replace Buckner with the best player you can & that's either Brown or Kinlaw.

The 49ers should shoot to replace Defo's production, but I don't think it should necessarily be from an interior guy. There's a reason when people were throwing out sack prediction for Defo in 2019 I only said 8. Sacking the QB from the inside is a lot more difficult than the edge. Not only are they right in the QB's view, but it's ultimately a numbers game. Interior guys will always be at a disadvantage because the center is almost guaranteed to slide in their direction if they're good.
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 16, 2020 at 2:34 PM ]
Who would you replace Buckner with if not Kinlaw or Brown? You also have to make sure you plug the middle so teams don't run up the gut on you. Jones isn't an every down player...help's got to come from somebody else. It's not really about the sacks, but the consistent pressure/push up the middle to make it easier for Bosa/Ford, et al to get after the QB.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Heroism:
The 49ers should shoot to replace Defo's production, but I don't think it should necessarily be from an interior guy. There's a reason when people were throwing out sack prediction for Defo in 2019 I only said 8. Sacking the QB from the inside is a lot more difficult than the edge. Not only are they right in the QB's view, but it's ultimately a numbers game. Interior guys will always be at a disadvantage because the center is almost guaranteed to slide in their direction if they're good.

Maybe they could go on the cheap side signing A'Shawn Robinson who was drafted by Kocurek.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I asked Walt (Walter's Football) who the Niners should take at #13...he said DT Javon Kinlaw, assuming Derrick Brown's off the board. If not, he's the pick. Both guys are coming out of the SEC, so are definitely battle-tested. I know some Niner fans will scream at taking yet another DL with the first pick, but it makes the most sense. They need to find a guy who can be disruptive, strong at the point of attack and team with AA to keep our DL strong. Getting DJ Jones back will be huge...he came into his own last season. Still, you have to replace Buckner with the best player you can & that's either Brown or Kinlaw.

That dude doesn't know crap.

Ask someone like Dane Brugler, Tony Pauline, Matt Miller, a few others.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Who would you replace Buckner with if not Kinlaw or Brown? You also have to make sure you plug the middle so teams don't run up the gut on you. Jones isn't an every down player...help's got to come from somebody else. It's not really about the sacks, but the consistent pressure/push up the middle to make it easier for Bosa/Ford, et al to get after the QB.

Agreed.
Share 49ersWebzone