LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 254 users in the forums

2020 DT prospects

NY and OTC, good stuff....always informative.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Disclaimer: while review hasn't been exhaustive, 1st round seems totally absurd to me. Watched Elliot against South Carolina and he was the last guy off the ball every single time. Played with poor pad level, and got pancaked. These things are coachable, granted, but a guy that needs this much work I wouldn't touch until the 4th round. On the positive side, he does seem capable of shedding blocks usually and he knows how to use his length to his advantage. To be frank though, I see Murchison and Agim as potentially better prospects that are also more versatile.

Yeah I don't see a 1st rd prospect at all. I think he's worth a look on day 3
am I the only one who really likes Neville Gallimore?
[ Edited by DoseOfBosa on Mar 30, 2020 at 12:20 PM ]
Originally posted by DoseOfBosa:

Gallimore is a good pick in the third round. I actually think the DT spot is somewhat deep at least for a rotational player and would have no problem trading back and acquiring picks and taking someone like Gallimore. He's got a great motor and pursues the football. Cant stop pursuit against QBs like Russel Wilson and Murray. They escape, make it seem like they are taking off and then bounce around outside and find targets downfield. Have to hustle and chase everytime, and Gallimore can do that. He gets upright, gets stood up, gets knocked down too much. He can shed blocks well, but doesnt bully his way into the backfield enough. Good sack artist himself, but doesnt always move the pocket back and let the ends feast. But he is definitely a guy that is getting in the rotation from the first day of camp.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rathof44:
At 31 Blacklock and maybe Espensa. Espensa is nice can play inside or out. Combine wasn't great so maybe he slides.

At #31, we should be able to gobble up Blackcock.
Originally posted by DoseOfBosa:

Nope. Gallimore is a stud
I finally got around to watching Ross Blacklock. Yup, this is what the prototypical interior defensive lineman is supposed to look like in this scheme. Dude is a penetrator in every sense of the world. Explosive off the ball with great pad level. Quick as f**k not just in his get off but also moving laterally as he slants from gap to gap on twists and games. My biggest concerns with Blacklock are that his technique looks just okay and heavily relied on winning with superior athleticism.

This dude would feast in this defense.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
I finally got around to watching Ross Blacklock. Yup, this is what the prototypical interior defensive lineman is supposed to look like in this scheme. Dude is a penetrator in every sense of the world. Explosive off the ball with great pad level. Quick as f**k not just in his get off but also moving laterally as he slants from gap to gap on twists and games. My biggest concerns with Blacklock are that his technique looks just okay and heavily relied on winning with superior athleticism.

Yeah, I love Blacklock at #31.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Honestly I think I like Blacklock over Kinlaw, especially when you factor in where these guys will be drafted
Originally posted by mayo49:

If we stay at #31 (BIG IF) it will be very difficult for Lynch to pass on such a talent at DT if he's still available.

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nastastical:

If we stay at #31 (BIG IF) it will be very difficult for Lynch to pass on such a talent at DT if he's still available.

One of the Wrs at #13, then Blacklock at #31 would be dreamy.
Originally posted by Nastastical:

One of the Wrs at #13, then Blacklock at #31 would be dreamy.

Jeudy, Ruggs or Lamb and Blacklock in the 1st. Trade the extra 5th and 7th to move up to the 3rd or 4th and get Matt Hennessy or the best iOL available and call it a day for me. I'll be a happy camper regardless of who we get after that. Just me though.
Originally posted by scooterhd:
Gallimore is a good pick in the third round. I actually think the DT spot is somewhat deep at least for a rotational player and would have no problem trading back and acquiring picks and taking someone like Gallimore. He's got a great motor and pursues the football. Cant stop pursuit against QBs like Russel Wilson and Murray. They escape, make it seem like they are taking off and then bounce around outside and find targets downfield. Have to hustle and chase everytime, and Gallimore can do that. He gets upright, gets stood up, gets knocked down too much. He can shed blocks well, but doesnt bully his way into the backfield enough. Good sack artist himself, but doesnt always move the pocket back and let the ends feast. But he is definitely a guy that is getting in the rotation from the first day of camp.

Pat Kiwan and Jim Miller had him on as a guest today and that kid has a good head on his shoulders. Seems like he is still learning the position too. He comes from Canada and said when he arrived at Oklahoma he didnt even know the priper stance.

His athletic ability is off the charts too. Ran a 4.79, benches over 500 squats 800.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Pat Kiwan and Jim Miller had him on as a guest today and that kid has a good head on his shoulders. Seems like he is still learning the position too. He comes from Canada and said when he arrived at Oklahoma he didnt even know the priper stance.

His athletic ability is off the charts too. Ran a 4.79, benches over 500 squats 800.

Being from Canada and all makes me cheer for Galimore and Claypool
Share 49ersWebzone