There are 222 users in the forums

10 years from now, who do you think will be seen as the best non-QB from this draft class?

10 years from now, who do you think will be seen as the best non-QB from this draft class?

QW. Like his Alabama OT said...'its like trying to block a bar of soap'
Wouldn't shock me at all to see Q in the HOF.
Brian Burns
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by krizay:
Ask after the draft. Until we know where people go it's hard to say.

AJ Brown wont be the same player in Baltimore or Buffalo as he would be in Pitt.

Bosa will look different in Arizona as he would in SF

QW will look different next to Buck and Ford than he would in NYJ.

DK would look better in KC with Mahomes than he would in Cincy with Andy Dalton.

Great post. Is impossible to answer at this juncture.

If any given team can't develop talent (which the 9ers have never been known to be good at), you will never see the full potential of the player.

On top of that, you will also need to look at systems and teammates of the teams they go to.

If you want to make a projection for 10 years, I think you will need to see how they do for a couple of seasons first.
Originally posted by Rascal:

AJ Brown wont be the same player in Baltimore or Buffalo as he would be in Pitt.

DK would look better in KC with Mahomes than he would in Cincy with Andy Dalton.

If any given team can't develop talent (which the 9ers have never been known to be good at), you will never see the full potential of the player.

On top of that, you will also need to look at systems and teammates of the teams they go to.

If you want to make a projection for 10 years, I think you will need to see how they do for a couple of seasons first.

It's a good post, but HoFers are HoFers, even on bad teams.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by Rascal:

HOFers are different. Is next to impossible to project until you see them playing in the NFL for a couple of years at least. Did anyone think Joe Montana was going to be a HOFer? Or Tom Brady for that matter? And in the meantime, how many QBs drafted in the 1st round have busted?

So, again this topic is better left untouched until may be a couple of years from now.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think it'll be Allen.

This, of course. Scheme fit and leadership continuity are huge. That said, the answer is Brian "Fire" Burns.
I'm torn between Bosa and Hockenson
  • krizay
  • Veteran

Jerry Rice is not in the HOF if he was in today's Baltimore Ravens offense.

Emmitt Smith is not in HOF if he was in damn near any other offense besides the line he was able to run behind.

Jerry Rice is not in the HOF if he was in today's Baltimore Ravens offense.

Emmitt Smith is not in HOF if he was in damn near any other offense besides the line he was able to run behind.

Aaron Donald will be a HoFer, despite his team.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but your take isn't an absolute.

My point is this, no matter who takes Q, it wouldn't shock me to see him end up in the HoF.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Aaron Donald will be a HoFer, despite his team.

I'm not disagreeing with you, but your take isn't an absolute.

My point is this, no matter who takes Q, it wouldn't shock me to see him end up in the HoF.

Defensive players definitely have an edge in that regard. Not as reliant as offensive players
Originally posted by glorydayz:
For some reason I think it will be Ed Oliver.

Yeah, I just wonder if he's the obvious wrecking ball that everyone forgot about, and there will be a "how did all those teams pass on him?" narrative.
My call is devin white from LSU. I think he's the type of hybrid LB to make a lot of plays and be a perennial pro bowler. My nomination for 2nd place would be greedy Williams, or quinnen Williams.

Offensively, Noah fans I think will be a star. He's got tony Gonzalez potential I think.
Bosa.
Share 49ersWebzone