There are 159 users in the forums

Juan Thornhill S Virginia

Sounds like we're in the S market, so let's add him to the list.

SPARQ monster with a 97 percentile which is off the charts elite.

4.42 40
44" vert
141" broad
21 reps on the bench

Also has the range and ball-skills to play FS with 6 INTS this yr


It's so hard to pick out a candidate for the single high role because so few do it in college (one of the reasons I wanted Hooker and then Earl but I digress)

Juan has the right mix of skills but it's still a huge projection.

I also think his tackling technique will have to change a lot, won't wash in the NFL.

I'm not boarding the train, but I'll have a look at the timetable and ticket price just in case.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
It's so hard to pick out a candidate for the single high role because so few do it in college (one of the reasons I wanted Hooker and then Earl but I digress)

Juan has the right mix of skills but it's still a huge projection.

I also think his tackling technique will have to change a lot, won't wash in the NFL.

I'm not boarding the train, but I'll have a look at the timetable and ticket price just in case.

it's hard to really get a feel for these safeties without proper film as well. I've watched the Miami game so far but just on YouTube.

Just from what I've seen with mocks and such, he's looking like a late 2nd early 3rd.
Like him a lot but it's hard scouting DBs cause of a lack of all 22 film access for us.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 37,460
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
It's so hard to pick out a candidate for the single high role because so few do it in college (one of the reasons I wanted Hooker and then Earl but I digress)

Juan has the right mix of skills but it's still a huge projection.

I also think his tackling technique will have to change a lot, won't wash in the NFL.

I'm not boarding the train, but I'll have a look at the timetable and ticket price just in case.

it's hard to really get a feel for these safeties without proper film as well. I've watched the Miami game so far but just on YouTube.

Just from what I've seen with mocks and such, he's looking like a late 2nd early 3rd.

Sounds like we need a single high safety thread. We have at least 4 maybe 5 guys who might be good fits in that role and who could go on days 1 & 2?
Originally posted by evil:
Sounds like we need a single high safety thread. We have at least 4 maybe 5 guys who might be good fits in that role and who could go on days 1 & 2?

There's been some recent chatter in the general draft discussion thread, and also in the Safeties thread.
  • evil
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 37,460
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by evil:
Sounds like we need a single high safety thread. We have at least 4 maybe 5 guys who might be good fits in that role and who could go on days 1 & 2?

There's been some recent chatter in the general draft discussion thread, and also in the Safeties thread.

There is a safeties thread? I missed that

Finally someone starts a thread for earl thomas 2.0. Hopefully he is there in round 2.
So we can run the dreaded Cover Juan defense!

Alright... that was even bad for me. I apologize.
I know we need to draft a FS I just don't know which Juan.
Originally posted by Southpaw79:
So we can run the dreaded Cover Juan defense!

Alright... that was even bad for me. I apologize.

no no.. that name could work...
Originally posted by Southpaw79:
So we can run the dreaded Cover Juan defense!

Alright... that was even bad for me. I apologize.

There is no shame in your pun game
Share 49erswebzone