LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 214 users in the forums

Juan Thornhill S Virginia

Ive been high on this guy for a while. Good news is there is a bunch of athletic safeties projecting 3d round right now
The more I go over the draft, and run mock drafts, the more I like the idea of this guy in the 2nd. He has the athleticism, range, tackling, and ball skills we need. I really hope were able to trade down from 2 and pick up additional 2nd and 3d rounders because theres a deep draft class at every position of need except guard.
My draft crush after the first round. Do you think we would have to spend our second round pick on him or will the last of the third?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by cortana49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Draft Bosa, Harmon/Deebo at 36, ane move back into back end of the 2nd to get Juan. Go IOL/LB for depth with the later picks.
Just gotta hope no one snags in the first round thornhill will shock the world bast safety in draft make it happen at 36 it's worth it.
Lynch still prefers Ward lol
Originally posted by RumphSteak:

Honestly I can't stand Ward but if Ward was coming out in this draft people would be pounding the f**king table to draft him as our FS of the future cause he was a int machine coming out. Then he was forced into a CB position and we know how that turned out.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by RumphSteak:

Honestly I can't stand Ward but if Ward was coming out in this draft people would be pounding the f**king table to draft him as our FS of the future cause he was a int machine coming out. Then he was forced into a CB position and we know how that turned out.

He, by far, played his best football in college as a Box Safety.

He's on the team because he's fast and a good person. But he's a below average FS and CB. Good opening-day-inactive depth to have.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 25, 2019 at 9:51 AM ]
TDN's scouting report on Thornhill suggests that his best fit is in a Cover-3 system, such as the one the 49ers run. He's very smart and has a real knack for finding the football. He probably goes before pick 36, but if he doesn't, he should be the pick.
Plenty of safeties in this draft but Thornhill has most speed and range. Adderley Thompson and Thornhill will be gone by end of 2nd rd. 3rd rd safeties Savage and Hooker. What position do u draft 2nd rd or do u trade back into 2nd rd to take 1 of 3 better safeties??
Originally posted by Garoppolis:
TDN's scouting report on Thornhill suggests that his best fit is in a Cover-3 system, such as the one the 49ers run. He's very smart and has a real knack for finding the football. He probably goes before pick 36, but if he doesn't, he should be the pick.

I like Thornhill....I question his tackling though. Kyle got a good look at him during the SB. I also think there's gonna be a couple WRs at 36th that really have a chance to be stud players for us.

Someone to keep an eye on day three is Marquise Blair as well.
Share 49ersWebzone