Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 657 users in the forums

Deal or No Deal at the draft?

Browse 49ers books and videos

Deal or No Deal at the draft?

Originally posted by mayo49:
If AZ takes Bosa at #1, SF stays at #2 and takes Allen.

I think that will depend on Allen's combine performance and his private workouts. Kinda disappointed the Niners staff didn't get to work with this kid at the Senior Bowl. I would definitely take Allen over Q. Williams NOW without any other information because the Niners DON'T need another DT. I'm hoping to see Allen and Murray blow up at the Combine and give the Niners even more leverage to either get Bosa at #2 or trade out for a king's ransom.
If Bosa is gone im trying to trade down if I am Lynch.
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
Trade down if Bosa isn't there.

If no one wants to trade, then draft Quinnen Williams and take the heat from the fanbase.

No. Bosa or Josh Allen. Don't trade down
Trade up, get Bosa, laugh when the Cards screw up their picks.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Every year its the, "TrADE DoWn FeR MoAR TalEnT aNd PiCkZ"

^
Does not work out as much as people think it should. There is a reason a player is graded second overall in front of a guy who is graded fifth overall.

Since the year 2000, there have been 212 pro bowl picks in the first round.
Of the 212 picks, 74% of them came before pick 15.
Of those 74%, roughly 67% came within the top 5.

My point being we can trade away a HOF talent for a couple of whiffs in the first round.
No thanks. I want a HOF talent top pick. These players make everyone else on their team better.

That being said even is Bosa is gone I take Williams or Allen. All 3 of them are worthy IMO

Agree 100%. We need a wow factor on this team that gets the crowd into it and hypes up the other players. In baseball it's the home run. In basketball it's the slam dunk. In football it's the sack on 3rd down. No trade back unless it's one of the later rounds.
Originally posted by krizay:
Talk about extremes.

You call the pro bowlers HOF talent. While im sure there is plenty more PB caliber players that were had in the later portions of the 1st round

Edit: not to mention you forgot to include the extra bullets you get after the 1st round.

I do not call the pro-bowlers HOF talent.

I call HOF as it is, and I call PB as they are.

Extra bullets we get after the first? Stop being so optimistic
Do some research
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone