There are 186 users in the forums

DL Jeffery Simmons

A likely mid first round pick tore his ACL working out yesterday.
Welcome to the Niners in the 4th
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Welcome to the Niners in the 3rd

FTFY.
10x better than Thomas
What round would you guys be comfortable taking him knowing you are going to have to stash him away for a season? If you were already a playoff caliber team, I think taking him in a 3rd is worth it, but I think the 49ers would have to wait until the 4th to take the guy if he is still there.
Originally posted by CV49er:
What round would you guys be comfortable taking him knowing you are going to have to stash him away for a season? If you were already a playoff caliber team, I think taking him in a 3rd is worth it, but I think the 49ers would have to wait until the 4th to take the guy if he is still there.

Agreed. We don't have the luxury of stashing guys like we did with Street this year. We need immediate impact guys.
damn that sucks.

baalkes gonna draft him somehow though.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Would we even pick the guy anyways? Was not invited to the combine because of past domestic violence.
Not that high on Simmons, but this new sports science program might make them feel unnaturally confident about any rehab challenge.

Lynch: What do you think about that ACL, Ben?
Peterson: One moment.

Peterson: What ACL?
[ Edited by zonkers on Feb 12, 2019 at 11:59 AM ]
will be our 4th rd pick this year

Jeffrey Simmons is quality, but he had that horrendous Joe Mixon like assault on a female in high school, I'd be surprised if we drafted him ACL or not

https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/03/26/mississippi-state-rebels-signee-video-domestic-abuse-jeffery-simmons
[ Edited by 49erBigMac on Feb 12, 2019 at 12:17 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Jeffrey Simmons is quality, but he had that horrendous Joe Mixon like assault on a female in high school, I'd be surprised if we drafted him ACL or not

https://www.si.com/college-football/2016/03/26/mississippi-state-rebels-signee-video-domestic-abuse-jeffery-simmons

He hit a girl that was beating up his sister after the girl was talking s**t about their dead family member SF is gonna miss out on some very good talent if they cross off every single red flagged player. Gotta be a case by case situation IMO.

I would LOVE to get him in the 3rd. Redshirt yr and take over AA in a yr. He's also a failsafe if Thomas busts inside.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

He hit a girl that was beating up his sister after the girl was talking s**t about their dead family member SF is gonna miss out on some very good talent if they cross off every single red flagged player. Gotta be a case by case situation IMO.

I would LOVE to get him in the 3rd. Redshirt yr and take over AA in a yr. He's also a failsafe if Thomas busts inside.

A girl already on the floor helpless. The video speaks for itself, it's a disgusting act.

Simple fact is that football is a violent sport played by some violent men, you can't just pick choir boys.

The issue is that some teams have tried to play the PR game and have backed themselves into a corner, we happen to be one of those, "Winning with class" saw to that.

I do think Lynch & Kyle see it as case by case, will be interesting now the first gamble has blown up in their faces.
A girl already on the floor helpless. The video speaks for itself, it's a disgusting act.

Simple fact is that football is a violent sport played by some violent men, you can't just pick choir boys.

The issue is that some teams have tried to play the PR game and have backed themselves into a corner, we happen to be one of those, "Winning with class" saw to that.

I do think Lynch & Kyle see it as case by case, will be interesting now the first gamble has blown up in their faces.

I'm not saying what he did was awesome...I'm saying he was defending his sister. No way should he have land a hand on her.

Listen a lot of these kids come from areas of America that don't allow them to have a great life and a proper upbringing to help them understand right for wrong.

PR is PR every single team in the NFL has questionable players...it's gotta be case by case scenarios. Kid was a model citizen all through college. Foster's dumbass shouldn't force SF to pass on good players that have changed their life around.

There's no enough high end prospects that are boys scouts.
Share 49ersWebzone