LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

DL Jeffery Simmons

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
A girl already on the floor helpless. The video speaks for itself, it's a disgusting act.

Simple fact is that football is a violent sport played by some violent men, you can't just pick choir boys.

The issue is that some teams have tried to play the PR game and have backed themselves into a corner, we happen to be one of those, "Winning with class" saw to that.

I do think Lynch & Kyle see it as case by case, will be interesting now the first gamble has blown up in their faces.

I'm not saying what he did was awesome...I'm saying he was defending his sister. No way should he have land a hand on her.

Listen a lot of these kids come from areas of America that don't allow them to have a great life and a proper upbringing to help them understand right for wrong.

PR is PR every single team in the NFL has questionable players...it's gotta be case by case scenarios. Kid was a model citizen all through college. Foster's dumbass shouldn't force SF to pass on good players that have changed their life around.

There's no enough high end prospects that are boys scouts.

I think people need to realize a lot of these football players played football to deal with anger issues, some of them happen to be talented enough to play in the NFL. If the NFL required you to be a choir boy then the league would lose a ton of their players. I don't support what he did, but he hasn't had any problems since. Foster is an example of a guy that hasn't, and not sure, if he will ever mature. I think Lynch and co. are smart enough to recognize the difference.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
A girl already on the floor helpless. The video speaks for itself, it's a disgusting act.

Simple fact is that football is a violent sport played by some violent men, you can't just pick choir boys.

The issue is that some teams have tried to play the PR game and have backed themselves into a corner, we happen to be one of those, "Winning with class" saw to that.

I do think Lynch & Kyle see it as case by case, will be interesting now the first gamble has blown up in their faces.

I'm not saying what he did was awesome...I'm saying he was defending his sister. No way should he have land a hand on her.

Listen a lot of these kids come from areas of America that don't allow them to have a great life and a proper upbringing to help them understand right for wrong.

PR is PR every single team in the NFL has questionable players...it's gotta be case by case scenarios. Kid was a model citizen all through college. Foster's dumbass shouldn't force SF to pass on good players that have changed their life around.

There's no enough high end prospects that are boys scouts.

I haven't got a problem with him defending his sister, even if he had to strike her, but standing over her when she's on the floor punching her is low, you can see that even he thought that when he stepped away and his sister kept punching her and he decided to pull his sister away.

The incident was ugly.

I'm fine with second chances, but the skill is taking people who won't need a third. I'm happy with case by case, just acknowledging that our first case went very badly.

The big deal is that you get clouded by how talented the person is, it's all got to weigh into the value.

Tyreek Hill is a scumbag, and I'm not convinced he won't have DV issues again, the thing is at a 5th round pick he's already paid off, for now.

I wonder how they'd feel if he relapsed right after getting a huge 2nd contract, it's all relative, got to try and judge them without factoring in talent.
Originally posted by zonkers:
Not that high on Simmons, but this new sports science program might make them feel unnaturally confident about any rehab challenge.

Lynch: What do you think about that ACL, Ben?
Peterson: One moment.

Peterson: What ACL?

Not that high on Simmons? I am not that high on Ed Oliver, but if the mother f**ker is there in the 2nd you take him, let alone the 3rd or 4th. If Simmons in there in the 3rd, you consider him, but I would still pass due to the fact that we are in no position to stash players - we need a 3rd rounder to be a big contributor next year. Now, if we are in the 4th, and Simmons is on the board, you strongly consider taking him. A 1st round caliber player who dropped because of an ACL injury 2 months prior to the draft, available in the 4th is a steal. Taking an "overrated" 1st rounder in the 4th isn't the same as taking that "overrated" 1st rounder in the 4th.
[ Edited by CV49er on Feb 12, 2019 at 2:44 PM ]
I haven't got a problem with him defending his sister, even if he had to strike her, but standing over her when she's on the floor punching her is low, you can see that even he thought that when he stepped away and his sister kept punching her and he decided to pull his sister away.

The incident was ugly.

I'm fine with second chances, but the skill is taking people who won't need a third. I'm happy with case by case, just acknowledging that our first case went very badly.

The big deal is that you get clouded by how talented the person is, it's all got to weigh into the value.

Tyreek Hill is a scumbag, and I'm not convinced he won't have DV issues again, the thing is at a 5th round pick he's already paid off, for now.

I wonder how they'd feel if he relapsed right after getting a huge 2nd contract, it's all relative, got to try and judge them without factoring in talent.

I agree with ya. Talent does matter in the NFL with these situations whether we like it or not (Hunt is a perfect example).

If the value is there and SF feels okay with bringing him in I'm all for it. You can't be jaded based on previous issues, just got to do more research.
IF he slides to 2nd or 3rd due to his injury and past incident. This would be the pick Lynch & Shanahan could redeem themselves for the Foster pick and the message they were trying to send out after giving Foster a 2nd chance. That some people can change if given a 2nd chance. J.Simmons matured quickly after his high school incident. Changed his life and stayed out of trouble since. He was a great leader on and off the field for Mississippi State. Would not mind him next to Buckner next season. He's a beast in the middle of that DL, 1st round talent no doubt.
[ Edited by 808niner4lyphe on Feb 12, 2019 at 4:28 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Both Dallas and the Patriots would be our running mate to draft this guy as early as the 3rd..
Share 49ersWebzone