LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Riley Ridley WR Georgia

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I think Ridley is the most likely WR target for us, I know the bigger guys are being thrown up, but I have to think Courtland Sutton was within reach, he is the prototypical "big guy with traits to run routes" and we chose Pettis.

There will be options for us to go for a big guy, but we'll take the route runner.

Well said.

A reminder that this is a No Frankenstein zone.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
From the draft network after the game

Riley Ridley needs the NFL

When Georgia opens up the offense, this guy eats. Riley Ridley made so many great plays Saturday night, including a toe-tap sideline grab with a defender contesting the ball over his shoulder and an unbelievable nine route grab over his shoulder while getting his foot down in bounds for six. Ridley consistently uses his body well in the air, runs great routes and is quick and physical off the line of scrimmage. He's rarely given the opportunity to make much happen after the catch, but when he square up with the secondary he's elusive and tough to bring down.

He needs an NFL pass-heavy offense to unlock the production that will give him the respect he deserves. I think he can be a first round pick if he declares in the next several weeks.

First round ? What are they smoking on?

I doubt that happens but he's got size, solid speed, and is a good route-runner...he made plays when they actually threw the ball his way.

I prefer another burner at receiver, but if we got Ridley, having Ridley, Pettis, and Goodwin as our top 3, along with Kittle, whenever those 4 guys play together, I guarantee someone will always be open.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I prefer another burner at receiver, but if we got Ridley, having Ridley, Pettis, and Goodwin as our top 3, along with Kittle, whenever those 4 guys play together, I guarantee someone will always be open.

I don't think Ridley is slow either.
I think so, too. 👀👀👀

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
This dude will be a Patriot.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I think so, too. 👀👀👀

Yasss
Shanny is going to cream his pants when he watches Ridley's tape. This is the exact trait he gushes over when he talks about Pettis. Hurry up and declare, Riley.

[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 25, 2018 at 8:06 PM ]
Shanny is going to cream his pants when he watches Ridley's tape. This is the exact trait he gushes over when he talks about Pettis. Hurry up and declare, Riley.

Can I have both Ridley and Hockenson?

I would be happy with Ridley in this offense

He's definitely not slow. He fits the profile of what Kyle wants in a receiver, but by burner, I'm talking sub-4.4, although that's a luxury. I just like the potential headache of defenses having to figure out how they are going to cover all of that. But I think that second deep threat can wait until our pass protection improves.

Calvin Ridley was my second option after Roquan Smith last year, so drafting Riley wouldn't upset me at all :-).
[ Edited by LifelongNiner on Dec 25, 2018 at 8:31 PM ]

He's definitely not slow. He fits the profile of what Kyle wants in a receiver, but by burner, I'm talking sub-4.4, although that's a luxury. I just like the potential headache of defenses having to figure out how they are going to cover all of that. But I think that second deep threat can wait until our pass protection improves.

Calvin Ridley was my second option after Roquan Smith last year, so drafting Riley wouldn't upset me at all :-).

I'm surprised there isn't a Hollywood Brown thread, that's where you go for your burner, he's being talked about as a Day 2 guy, but that will change when the combine hits.
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I'm surprised there isn't a Hollywood Brown thread, that's where you go for your burner, he's being talked about as a Day 2 guy, but that will change when the combine hits.

There isn't? I swear there is or was. Kid is a baller and even Antonio Brown cousin. He's going 1st round like you said
I take back what I said earlier in the thread about Riley being similar in size to his brother. Dude is visibly bigger than his brother, especially this season. I think 6-2, 200 lbs will definitely check out. Maybe even slightly bigger.
I take back what I said earlier in the thread about Riley being similar in size to his brother. Dude is visibly bigger than his brother, especially this season. I think 6-2, 200 lbs will definitely check out. Maybe even slightly bigger.

This would be nice

No doubt he's that big, if he's chilling there in the 2nd rd they should think about snagging him.
Share 49ersWebzone