There are 224 users in the forums

Riley Ridley WR Georgia

Originally posted by Heroism:
What a catch.

Calvin Ridley was my guy last year after Roquan Smith I would gladly take Riley with what I've seen
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Comp: Adam Thielen.
Originally posted by HERN:

Ridley isn't white... jokes aside, I still don't see it
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by HERN:

Ridley isn't white... jokes aside, I still don't see it

No I don't see it either...Thielin is a better route-runner.

Ledyard threw our Michael Thomas as a comp.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
No I don't see it either...Thielin is a better route-runner.

Ledyard threw our Michael Thomas as a comp.

I don't think that's a good comp, either. Thomas is big(6-3, 212). Ridley appears to be much smaller. Riley looks much closer to his brother imo(6-1, 189).
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 1, 2018 at 6:48 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I don't think that's a good comp, either. Thomas is big(6-3, 212). Ridley appears to be much smaller. Riley looks much closer to his brother imo(6-1, 189).

They got him at 6-2 200 according to the roster...I think it's more based on how he's able to come down with contested catches, great hands, sold not elite route-runner, and the fact that they were both in offenses that don't really throw the ball and their best ball is ahead of them. (So maybe not straight up physically like Thomas).

I think this is a sold draft to grab a WR in rd 2-4. As long as Bosa is wearing red and gold that's all I care about lol.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 1, 2018 at 7:53 PM ]
From the draft network after the game

Riley Ridley needs the NFL

When Georgia opens up the offense, this guy eats. Riley Ridley made so many great plays Saturday night, including a toe-tap sideline grab with a defender contesting the ball over his shoulder and an unbelievable nine route grab over his shoulder while getting his foot down in bounds for six. Ridley consistently uses his body well in the air, runs great routes and is quick and physical off the line of scrimmage. He's rarely given the opportunity to make much happen after the catch, but when he square up with the secondary he's elusive and tough to bring down.

He needs an NFL pass-heavy offense to unlock the production that will give him the respect he deserves. I think he can be a first round pick if he declares in the next several weeks.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 1, 2018 at 8:09 PM ]

When Georgia opens up the offense, this guy eats. Riley Ridley made so many great plays Saturday night, including a toe-tap sideline grab with a defender contesting the ball over his shoulder and an unbelievable nine route grab over his shoulder while getting his foot down in bounds for six. Ridley consistently uses his body well in the air, runs great routes and is quick and physical off the line of scrimmage. He's rarely given the opportunity to make much happen after the catch, but when he square up with the secondary he's elusive and tough to bring down.

He needs an NFL pass-heavy offense to unlock the production that will give him the respect he deserves. I think he can be a first round pick if he declares in the next several weeks.

First round ? What are they smoking on?
Comparison I was thinking was Mohamed Sanu?

Originally posted by tohara3:

Sanu is bigger.
Originally posted by tohara3:

He's faster than Sanu (Mohamed ran a 4.67 )
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:

First round ? What are they smoking on?

I doubt that happens but he's got size, solid speed, and is a good route-runner...he made plays when they actually threw the ball his way.
It's always interesting to get a WR evaluation from a DB's perspective. I concur with Crock! Ridley and Pettis.

[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 25, 2018 at 1:51 PM ]
I think Ridley is the most likely WR target for us, I know the bigger guys are being thrown up, but I have to think Courtland Sutton was within reach, he is the prototypical "big guy with traits to run routes" and we chose Pettis.

There will be options for us to go for a big guy, but we'll take the route runner.
Share 49ersWebzone