Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 728 users in the forums

Favorite Pass Rusher not named Bosa?

Browse 49ers books and videos

Favorite Pass Rusher not named Bosa?

What you didn't find those hours of tape are power and counters in his rushes. That's the elephant in the room. He's 260 lbs, but the power element to his game is missing, and if the outside arc rush isn't there, he RARELY works a counter. That's not just a skill/technique issue but poor awareness as well. In addition to those, he doesn't maximize his length nearly enough when getting after the QB. Those arms look pretty damn long. I'd like to see him use them more. But we've discussed this ad nauseam in his thread.

He better bring something better than this pathetic bull to the Senior Bowl.



Like I said, I like Allen, but I want to love him. Please, Mr. Allen, dominate at the Senior Bowl.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 28, 2018 at 9:45 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
That's a beautiful play no doubt. The timing and hand violence makes me want more. He had some great ones against Mizzou and Texas as well.

Believe me, I want Allen to give me more reasons to fully jump board because I'm on the cusp. I like him a lot, but I simply need to see more before I fully jump on board. He's the main reason I'm extra hyped for Senior Bowl.

That we agree on
Lol I have seen that tape as well. If I looked hard enough I could find bad tape on every single prospect.
What I'm arguing is his ceiling, and that we don't necessarily have to teach him anything new that he has not done before. He's shown flashes and if he pans out I think he could be amazing.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by Heroism:
What you didn't find those hours of tape are power and counters in his rushes. That's the elephant in the room. He's 260 lbs, but the power element to his game is missing, and if the outside arc rush isn't there, he RARELY works a counter. That's not just a skill/technique issue but poor awareness as well. In addition to those, he doesn't maximize his length nearly enough when getting after the QB. Those arms look pretty damn long. I'd like to see him use them more. But we've discussed this ad nauseam in his thread.

He better bring something better than this pathetic bull to the Senior Bowl.



Like I said, I like Allen, but I want to love him. Please, Mr. Allen, dominate at the Senior Bowl.

It's only one rep - looks like he was just tired. No, excuses - might have just took a play off.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Give me Allen mixed with Ferrell and that dude is getting 20 sacks a year.

His name is nick bosa
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
  • Posts: 1,489

?t=368

The reason why we still have a gap at LEO. RIP Miles Garrett to SF
Many of these guys (Josh Allen, Sweat, Winovich, Jelks) are Senior Bowl invitees, but are listed as OLB. They may, or may not, get a shot at the pass rush drills against Risner (he is listed as an OT), Scharping, Cajuste and company.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Dec 29, 2018 at 3:58 AM ]
I love Brian Burns and would target him in day 2
I am hoping for a trade back a few spots and get allen. Call me crazy but I truly believe he has a real opportunity to be better than BOSA...
Originally posted by Ensatsu:
I love Brian Burns and would target him in day 2

It's looking like he might go behind Bosa as edge #2. Gary might be looked at as an interior guy or 3-4 DE, IMO.

Allen, being a LB, might fall back a little. Ferrell lacks the athleticism you want to see in an early edge defender.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by wyo9erfan:
I am hoping for a trade back a few spots and get allen. Call me crazy but I truly believe he has a real opportunity to be better than BOSA...

Maybe not better than Bosa, but definitely second best.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Many of these guys (Josh Allen, Sweat, Winovich, Jelks) are Senior Bowl invitees, but are listed as OLB. They may, or may not, get a shot at the pass rush drills against Risner (he is listed as an OT), Scharping, Cajuste and company.

Well, if the 49ers are coaching their squad in Mobile, I'm sure they'll see plenty of reps during the pass rushing drills.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 170,789
Originally posted by TheNef77:

?t=368

The reason why we still have a gap at LEO. RIP Miles Garrett to SF

still remember watching all those idiots in the stands, celebrating.
Originally posted by wyo9erfan:
I am hoping for a trade back a few spots and get allen. Call me crazy but I truly believe he has a real opportunity to be better than BOSA...

I'm kinda hoping the Raiders win and slide down a few spots and offer us at least 2 of their first round picks and maybe a 2nd or 3rd.
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by wyo9erfan:
I am hoping for a trade back a few spots and get allen. Call me crazy but I truly believe he has a real opportunity to be better than BOSA...

I'm kinda hoping the Raiders win and slide down a few spots and offer us at least 2 of their first round picks and maybe a 2nd or 3rd.

But why would the raiders do that? Nobody trades up in the top of the first unless it's for a qb. Maybe at 2 somknengets a boner for this Haskins kid and makes a stupid offer. Also we may end up picking 3rd regardless lol
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone