LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Seattle fans think he's the next Calvin Johnson? Well clearly that settles that.

He's no Calvin Johnson

He is the poster child for the teams Seadderall nickname.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
If Jalen Hurd went to Seattle and didn't get hurt he would have put up the same numbers as Metcalf.

Hurd is an athlete in this own right.

Jalen Hurd, Tennessee — Like Fournette, Hurd's massive frame belies his blinding speed. At 6-foot-3 and more than 220 pounds, there aren't a lot of running backs built like Hurd. There aren't many that run like him, either. Before enrolling at Tennessee, he reportedly clocked a 4.37-second 40-yard dash.

If there's one thing that is known about Hurd, it's his raw talent and athletic ability. When the Baylor coaching staff put him through drills, he did not disappoint.

Hurd squatted more than 500 pounds, ran the 40-yard dash consistently in the 4.4-second range, posted a 40-inch vertical jump and ran 20-yard shuttles of 3.8 and 3.9 seconds. For some context, as cited by Hayes, the best vertical jump at this year's NFL Combine was 41.5 inches and the recent best at the combine in the 20-yard shuttle was 3.81.

Baylor assistant coach Evan Cooper lamented Hayes including the 3.8-second 20-yard shuttle in the piece, since it potentially stretches credibility even if "he absolutely did" run it that fast.

Cooper went a little further to lay props on Hurd.

"I'm telling you, we got away with highway robbery. Literally, this might be the most talented player I have ever seen."

I am really excited to see him next season! I think he's gonna be awesome.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
As much as I hate admitting it, he's gonna be a problem as he continues to develop.
Would of had another 75 yards if Russell didn't overthrow him too.
Still wouldn't take him over Deebo. Deebo is a star in the making and would rather have his versatility than a prayer catcher.
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:
Still wouldn't take him over Deebo. Deebo is a star in the making and would rather have his versatility than a prayer catcher.

Yeah I would take him over Deebo. But Deebo is playing pretty well and was a good pick for us.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Guy is a stud

With Shanny I'm taking Deebo or Brown all day long.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Yeah I would take him over Deebo. But Deebo is playing pretty well and was a good pick for us.

The only WRs that might have been better for us IMO are AJ Brown and Terry McLaurin.

And even then it's splitting hairs. Because both of those players seem better without the ball but Deebo is probably best with the ball in his hands with how many broken tackles he's had.

I was pounding the table for AJ Brown... but I think we all understood that KS probably would take Deebo for his versatility and familiarity from coaching him at the senior bowl.

I was higher on DK than most... but he's simply not a KS type WR.
He is gonna be good for sure as long as he keeps his health. Sometimes guys that keep getting bigger and bigger will catch the injury bug just from their size.

Who knows when he will stop growing though... its pretty interesting to look at his pics from entering college and each year there after up to his rookie season. My guess... he is already addicted to growing, wont stop cant stop.
[ Edited by TheRickestRick on Jan 9, 2020 at 9:57 AM ]

Originally posted by tjd808185:

With Shanny I'm taking Deebo or Brown all day long.

What about both?
aim for that aceholes' neck like they did Wentz. Watch Pete lose it.
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
aim for that aceholes' neck like they did Wentz. Watch Pete lose it.

Ehhh, just have the safety pull his head out of his ass and center field the chuck and pray play. Why on earth Philly was in Man for 3/4ths of the game???? Maybe for the same reason Schwartz is no longer a HC
Yes Metcalf has had a great rookie year, but he's not doing that without Wilson, Wilson has made all his WRs look great for a long time.
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Yes Metcalf has had a great rookie year, but he's not doing that without Wilson, Wilson has made all his WRs look great for a long time.

I've been leaning this way as well. Is he having a great year or is Wilson's backyard scrambling giving him time to get open and get some easy looks?
Share 49ersWebzone