There are 249 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Give this guy a temper and you got a baby TO. He already has TO's build + better hands + top end speed.

I think he is going to be absolutely awesome. Better than even this rookie year. And he was already good this year. Worse yet we have to face him twice a year. Even worse he is on Seattle.... I would rather have him on Arizona or something. Not with Russell Wilson throwing bombs down the field. Because Wilson can hit scrubs with those. What will he do with this beast over the years? That will make them even tougher to beat than they already are.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Jan 5, 2020 at 6:46 PM ]
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Give this guy a temper and you got a baby TO. He already has TO's build + better hands + top end speed.

I think he is going to be absolutely awesome. Better than even this rookie year. And he was already good this year. Worse yet we have to face him twice a year. Even worse he is on Seattle.... I would rather have him on Arizona or something. Not with Russell Wilson throwing bombs down the field. Because Wilson can hit scrubs with those. What will he do with this beast over the years? That will make them even tougher to beat than they already are.

Seattle was one of the few teams he would succeed the way he has. He's not a clean route runner and has limited change of direction quickness but if you're going for a downfield passing team that loves to set up the jump ball seattle was it.
I'll take AJ Brown and Deebo over this one trick pony.
Originally posted by Scottie15:

He's already proven that's not the case lol
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scottie15:

He has already proven he will be a true No.1. Deebo you say? A No.2 may be, no way will Deebo be a true No.1 WR. To be a true No.1, you have to be able to execute big plays. Think Michael Thomas, now that's a true No.1. Likewise, Metcalf is well on his way. At this rate, he will probably become the No.1 come next season. Soon you won't hear much of Tyler Lockett's name anymore.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
So, why didn't we draft this guy again?! Oh, John Lynch and the FO wanted to gift-wrap him to Seattle. I see, no wonder.
Originally posted by Rascal:
So, why didn't we draft this guy again?! Oh, John Lynch and the FO wanted to gift-wrap him to Seattle. I see, no wonder.

He fits Seattle's scheme perfectly. They play backyard football. SF not so much. Kyle's offense is about timing, is what it is dude. Deebo has been more than fine.

both his long ball catches yesterday there was no safety help at all. From what I remember it was cover zero all out blitz on 3rd down Horrible play call.

He beat a couple scrub philly backup DBs. In case you haven't watched much Philly games that was a common theme all yr.
DK is a physical beast no one had ever denied that. Scheme fit does matter end of the day. Seattle was the right fit IMO. good for him.
Who was that 6'5 receiver that ran all over the Pats in the Hawks heartbreaking loss in their last SB appearance. DK seems to hav much more talent but this is the kind of receiver that fits the system. Run hard then stops on a dime or flat out goes full speed downfield. That's all Wilson needs.
He has already proven he will be a true No.1. Deebo you say? A No.2 may be, no way will Deebo be a true No.1 WR. To be a true No.1, you have to be able to execute big plays. Think Michael Thomas, now that's a true No.1. Likewise, Metcalf is well on his way. At this rate, he will probably become the No.1 come next season. Soon you won't hear much of Tyler Lockett's name anymore.

Yah Deebo doesn't create any big plays whatsoever.

DK Metcalf has nothing in common with Michael Thomas. He's a taller Desean Jackson.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Jan 6, 2020 at 7:23 AM ]

Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Deebo will not be compared to any receiver. He is unique.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

DK Metcalf has nothing in common with Michael Thomas. He's a taller Desean Jackson.

Thomas and DK aren't close to the same WR. What a lazy comp on his part smh
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The Webzone needs to sit out the draft analysis portion of the offseason if these posters aren't willing to admit they were wrong.

It doesn't matter if his 3 cone sucks. It doesn't matter if he "can't run routes". It doesn't matter if he had drops. The ONLY thing that matters if if he can consistently make plays. And he obviously does.

The draft debate is over. It's been decided. Metcalf is a very good WR and was obviously deserving of a higher draft slot.
Every time I see him he makes big plays but the bottom line is Kyle didn't think he was a fit for his offense and that's all that matters. Why would he take a guy he didn't like?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Every time I see him he makes big plays but the bottom line is Kyle didn't think he was a fit for his offense and that's all that matters. Why would he take a guy he didn't like?

It's fine the Niners passed on him. Obviously, Shanahan has his type and filled it well with Samuel. But it's obvious Metcalf has a chance to be a great (elite?) WR in the next couple years. People acting like he's anything less than a great WR are just being stubborn. He's got 900 yards and 7 TDs in his rookie year!

This dude is going to put up a 1400 & 10 season and a few of these dudes will be like "yeah, okay but he's so stiff!"
[ Edited by okdkid on Jan 6, 2020 at 8:15 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone