LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 254 users in the forums

DK Metcalf

So frustrating watching this dude catch everything. In OT, he basically won the game with a ridiculous catch down the sideline with the CB draped on him
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Scottie15:
So frustrating watching this dude catch everything. In OT, he basically won the game with a ridiculous catch down the sideline with the CB draped on him

We let him slip through our fingers. The kid is getting better and better every game. You can see Wilson loves to throw deep outside of the numbers to him. He has the potential to become a star and for what is worth he has already surpassed Deebo. Our only hope right now is on Jalen Hurd, that is if he can make it back. The rest of our WR corps (excluding Sanders, but he is already 32 and won't be here forever) are just role players running jet sweeps and catching slants. I put Goodwin, Pettis, KB, Taylor and Deebo in one group. These are the type of players that you wouldn't notice should we lose any of them and can be easily replaced. I think we will go back to the draft and try to find better WRs even if Jalen Hurd could make it back. This is a competitive league, is an arms race.
Originally posted by Rascal:
We let him slip through our fingers. The kid is getting better and better every game. You can see Wilson loves to throw deep outside of the numbers to him. He has the potential to become a star and for what is worth he has already surpassed Deebo. Our only hope right now is on Jalen Hurd, that is if he can make it back. The rest of our WR corps (excluding Sanders, but he is already 32 and won't be here forever) are just role players running jet sweeps and catching slants. I put Goodwin, Pettis, KB, Taylor and Deebo in one group. These are the type of players that you wouldn't notice should we lose any of them and can be easily replaced. I think we will go back to the draft and try to find better WRs even if Jalen Hurd could make it back. This is a competitive league, is an arms race.

are only hope lol? last I checked we're the only undefeated team in the NFL...Jimmy G just threw for 300+ yards and 4 TDs to 4 different guys.
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Watching DK light it up against the Bucs...sure makes me glad we drafted "Deebodrops" instead...

I know those Buc CBs are top notch Bowles called a horrible game yesterday.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
are only hope lol? last I checked we're the only undefeated team in the NFL...Jimmy G just threw for 300+ yards and 4 TDs to 4 different guys.

Absolutely. We are 8-0 and most of those games were won by the run game. He has only had one 300+ yard game and 4 TDs. Jimmy G is not the issue here. Our WRs are. If we didn't trade for Sanders, there is no doubt in my mind we would have lost that game. You are not feeling complacent and falling asleep just because of one 300+ yard game, are you?! Dude, one nice passing performance doesn't mean we have arrived. The WR corps need to be upgraded. In the NFL, you cannot just stay the same, if you don't improve you are essentially going backwards.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RDB4216:
Watching DK light it up against the Bucs...sure makes me glad we drafted "Deebodrops" instead...

I know those Buc CBs are top notch Bowles called a horrible game yesterday.

No doubt about it RDB4216, DK is on a different and much higher level to Deebo. It should make Kyle think twice. He made a good move on Jalen Hurd, he needs to find a couple more based on that type to balance out on all the small WRs we have. Is time to find some legit WRs who can handle deep contested routes. As Jimmy G expands his passing game, he will be going deep at some point and more often too to further enhance on our repertoire of explosive plays.
Absolutely. We are 8-0 and most of those games were won by the run game. He has only had one 300+ yard game and 4 TDs. Jimmy G is not the issue here. Our WRs are. If we didn't trade for Sanders, there is no doubt in my mind we would have lost that game. You are not feeling complacent and falling asleep just because of one 300+ yard game, are you?! Dude, one nice passing performance doesn't mean we have arrived. The WR corps need to be upgraded. In the NFL, you cannot just stay the same, if you don't improve you are essentially going backwards.

Complacent? They've shown they can win throwing the ball, they've shown they can win running the ball, they've shown they can win with a suffocating defense (if I remember correctly you didn't want Bosa either ) Teams can't game plan for one thing with this team.....advantage SF.

They HAVEN'T HAD to throw the ball all over the place this yr. Game plan changes every damn week. Kittle says they get a new playbook each week based on the team they play. Pretty sure SF hasn't been stagnant at the WR position since Kyle has been here. They've constantly been adding talent. They have one of the youngest WR groups in football! That s**t takes time. Ever since Kyle became the HC (which you didn't want) you've continuously shown you can't have any sort of patience.

Sanders is the type of WR that thrives in this scheme. He's fast, great route-runner (owned Peterson on TNF), amazing feet, catches everything etc. IMO they got Hurd because yes he has size, BUT mainly because he can be used all over the field. Look at all the motions, misdirections, personnel packages, and how Kyle lines up his guys. Hurd is simply a miss match because he's so versatile. ALSO he's not a stiff frankenstein like WR. He's got good feet but is raw as a WR.

Man you must really hate Kittle, dude is bottom tier as far as weight/height goes for TEs
No doubt about it RDB4216, DK is on a different and much higher level to Deebo. It should make Kyle think twice. He made a good move on Jalen Hurd, he needs to find a couple more based on that type to balance out on all the small WRs we have. Is time to find some legit WRs who can handle deep contested routes. As Jimmy G expands his passing game, he will be going deep at some point and more often too to further enhance on our repertoire of explosive plays.

DK is limited as a WR. He's skill set is fine for what they do in Seattle. rub routes/crossing routes. backyard football. Kyles offense requires more well rounded skill set at the WR position.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Complacent? They've shown they can win throwing the ball, they've shown they can win running the ball, they've shown they can win with a suffocating defense (if I remember correctly you didn't want Bosa either ) Teams can't game plan for one thing with this team.....advantage SF.

They HAVEN'T HAD to throw the ball all over the place this yr. Game plan changes every damn week. Kittle says they get a new playbook each week based on the team they play. Pretty sure SF hasn't been stagnant at the WR position since Kyle has been here. They've constantly been adding talent. They have one of the youngest WR groups in football! That s**t takes time. Ever since Kyle became the HC (which you didn't want) you've continuously shown you can't have any sort of patience.

Sanders is the type of WR that thrives in this scheme. He's fast, great route-runner (owned Peterson on TNF), amazing feet, catches everything etc. IMO they got Hurd because yes he has size, BUT mainly because he can be used all over the field. Look at all the motions, misdirections, personnel packages, and how Kyle lines up his guys. Hurd is simply a miss match because he's so versatile. ALSO he's not a stiff frankenstein like WR. He's got good feet but is raw as a WR.

Man you must really hate Kittle, dude is bottom tier as far as weight/height goes for TEs
They have shown? Based on one game?? LOL.

And stop that patience talk. I guess you are indeed asleep.

This is another topic I was about to raise. Nobody expected we would be 8-0 at this juncture of this rebuild. Meaning, your mindset will have to change accordingly.

In case you haven't realized, the 49ers' Super Bowl window has already opened. We are the only undefeated team in the league and we are on schedule to be the No.1 NFC seed.

Like I said, I know noone expected it, but we will now have to handle things differently, let's just say in an expedited fashion. How many years do you think the Super Bowl window can stay open for? Take the Seahawks for example, as young as they were, they managed to go back to the Super Bowl in 2 consecutive years, won one and lost the second. That's it. In other words, when the window is open, there is no time to waste. You will have to front the very best teams that you can possibly put together within that period.

I am not even going to bother debating on size of players with you. We already have a ton of smaller WRs for all the shifts and motions. But, when the run game is shut down, you will have to throw, just like in the Cards game. In time, we will need to further open up the playbook as Jimmy G gets better and better. With better defenses, you will need more powerful weapons. Plenty of analysts have said the same too about the 9ers lacking bigger WRs.
They have shown? Based on one game?? LOL.

And stop that patience talk. I guess you are indeed asleep.

This is another topic I was about to raise. Nobody expected we would be 8-0 at this juncture of this rebuild. Meaning, your mindset will have to change accordingly.

In case you haven't realized, the 49ers' Super Bowl window has already opened. We are the only undefeated team in the league and we are on schedule to be the No.1 NFC seed.

Like I said, I know noone expected it, but we will now have to handle things differently, let's just say in an expedited fashion. How many years do you think the Super Bowl window can stay open for? Take the Seahawks for example, as young as they were, they managed to go back to the Super Bowl in 2 consecutive years, won one and lost the second. That's it. In other words, when the window is open, there is no time to waste. You will have to front the very best teams that you can possibly put together within that period.

I am not even going to bother debating on size of players with you. We already have a ton of smaller WRs for all the shifts and motions. But, when the run game is shut down, you will have to throw, just like in the Cards game. In time, we will need to further open up the playbook as Jimmy G gets better and better. With better defenses, you will need more powerful weapons. Plenty of analysts have said the same too about the 9ers lacking bigger WRs.

THEY. HAVEN'T. HAD. TO. THROW. THE. FOOTBALL.

SF is last in passing attempts this yr for a reason dude. WHEN they did have to throw the ball we looked more than fine.

You stop, you sound like an impatient millennial wanting instant results, but not realizing it actually takes time and hard work to see results. I'M WIDE AWAKE and realize what needed to happen.

No s**t the SB window has open, that's why they got Sanders. YES when the running game wasn't effective they threw the ball, and had 4 different players score a TD. You talk about WR#1 this WR#1 that, but you don't realize that that s**t doesn't matter when you have guys scoring from all over the place. Coleman can catch TDs, all 3 RBs can score every time they touch the ball, Kittle can score from wherever, Deebo/Pettis while young have had their moments, you got Sanders with 140 yards and 2 TDs in two games.

Teams can't game plan for one thing.

let's also throw in we're getting back both tackles and a FB that will greatly improve PP/scheme/and the running game.

Plenty of analysts have also said we were a 3-13 team and have been proven wrong. They're 3rd in the NFL in scoring avg 29.4 pts per game...You don't need big WRs to be successful in the NFL.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 4, 2019 at 7:28 AM ]

you guys are nutting so hard over a guy who just runs deep and crossing routes and to play for kyle you cant be a 1 trick pony, on top of that its more wilson running around buying time for bs plays and it was against the crap TB secondary

DK is limited as a WR. He's skill set is fine for what they do in Seattle. rub routes/crossing routes. backyard football. Kyles offense requires more well rounded skill set at the WR position.

Like the ability to drop footballs?
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
you guys are nutting so hard over a guy who just runs deep and crossing routes and to play for kyle you cant be a 1 trick pony, on top of that its more wilson running around buying time for bs plays and it was against the crap TB secondary

That's what we need, someone who can open deep and make contested catches, not drop wide open passes.

DK in double coverage with Marshon Lattimore:

Great catch in tight coverage during a crucial overtime drive:

He has played great but that bucs CB (#35 I think?) was victimized time and time again. Reminded me of dontae Johnson 2017.

Hope we play better at CB than they did
Fans on this website always want whoever had a big game on Sunday and start saying we should have drafted him or we need to find a guy like him. It's just the nature of being a fan. We want an all pro at every position.
Share 49ersWebzone