LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 277 users in the forums

Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida

Originally posted by Stanley:
Originally posted by illinois9er:
I'd love to find a way to double dip in either FA and draft or two EDGE players from the draft.

Yes! Exactly what I'm hoping. Two legitimate pass rushers will do wonders on the back end of this defense.
This ×1000000. You add two edge talents to Buck and Solly and qb's won't want to come out of the locker room. Pretty simple. Secondary becomes top 15 overnight.
All u would then need are a couple of good blue chip db's and we're set. My draft plan right now would be edge then sell the farm to move back up in the draft to get one of those tall stud wideouts
My comp for Polite is materializing: Melvin Ingram
So many things to like about Polite. One of those is playing with max effort. The guy is always hauling ass.

This one from last year is nuts.

Originally posted by Heroism:
So many things to like about Polite. One of those is playing with max effort. The guy is always hauling ass.

This one from last year is nuts.

last highlight was like Solomon getting a stop 15 yards downfield
Polite was getting mugged today with the limited opportunities he had. That said, he's still very raw. Needs to continue developing his moves, his hands, and mature his pass-rush plan. A little too dependent on athleticism right now.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 13, 2018 at 3:35 PM ]
Polite was getting mugged today with the limited opportunities he had. That said, he's still very raw. Needs to continue developing his moves, his hands, and mature his pass-rush plan. A little too dependent on athleticism right now.

so not a top tier pick?
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
so not a top tier pick?

We have to wait for the entire body of work and combine, but he's trending in that direction.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Not bad comps, but Polite appears to be a much better athlete than both.

I've cooled off on Polite just a tad. He's still very raw. I need to see more from him.
[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 23, 2018 at 8:27 AM ]

I've cooled off on Polite just a tad. He's still very raw. I need to see more from him.

I'm hoping the rest of league does as well. That way we can him and bosa.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:

I'm hoping the rest of league does as well. That way we can him and bosa.
Honestly Polite and Bosa are my two favorite edge guys so far. That would be amazing.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Honestly Polite and Bosa are my two favorite edge guys so far. That would be amazing.

And they contrast and compliment each other so well
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by Waterbear:

And they contrast and compliment each other so well

That's the Chargers edge rushers(Bosa and Ingram) right there lol.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
He's a top 10 pick for sure. He's been slept on enough. Once the combine comes around the measurables will have teams lining up at the door.

Film doesn't lie. Raw, yes. But the skill set to be a premier pass rusher is there.
[ Edited by HERN on Oct 27, 2018 at 2:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone