LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 218 users in the forums

Jachai Polite, EDGE, Florida

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Making a strong case for EDGE2. Polite is sooo explosive and loose in his movement.

There were a couple plays I saw in the first half where he forced the QB to step up into a sack. Perfect compliment to Buck

Good play recognition, blows up the TE, then has the speed to force the RB out. Great play
I'm still a huge Burns homer, but man is Polite perfect for our defense and exactly what we need. Burns is also explosive and has great speed, but Polite adds power as well.
Originally posted by saniner:
I'm still a huge Burns homer, but man is Polite perfect for our defense and exactly what we need. Burns is also explosive and has great speed, but Polite adds power as well.

At this point, I hope we pick 2, trade down to the raiders for 2 1sts+, and come away with a combo of Greedy Williams, Jachai Polite, and either Brian Burns or Montez Sweat. Dream big!!
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by saniner:

At this point, I hope we pick 2, trade down to the raiders for 2 1sts+, and come away with a combo of Greedy Williams, Jachai Polite, and either Brian Burns or Montez Sweat. Dream big!!

LOL have you seen the Raiders play? Not so sure we'd be trading down with them
Originally posted by 49ers808:
LOL have you seen the Raiders play? Not so sure we'd be trading down with them

We just managed to lose a game by double digits at home when we held the ball twice as long and outgained their offense by twice as many yards...

We'll see what happens but I thought for sure we'd win this game.
22 QB pressures.

I'd love to find a way to double dip in either FA and draft or two EDGE players from the draft.
Him and Burns are the most intriguing of the class excluding Bosa.
Polite is top 3 edge in this class. His traits are ridiculous. Jumps off the screen. He's been kicking ass the entire game. Just smoked the left tackle with a disgusting spin move.

Don't do it to yourself Hero, I'm staying off the bandwagon for health reasons!

Our FO seem to be from the school that says people under 6'4" can't rush the passer, that or completely inept at scouting pass rushers.

Anybody worried that he might be too nice to play football?
22 QB pressures.

👀
I'm becoming more and more confident with each game I watch that we're seeing a special athlete in Polite. Somebody check this guy's cleats because it's like he's wearing rocket boosters the way he fires off the ball.

[ Edited by Heroism on Oct 9, 2018 at 12:34 PM ]
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I'm probably talking out of my ass here, but LOL at Matt Miller "jumping" on the bandwagon after everyone else does.
Originally posted by illinois9er:
I'd love to find a way to double dip in either FA and draft or two EDGE players from the draft.

Yes! Exactly what I'm hoping. Two legitimate pass rushers will do wonders on the back end of this defense.
Share 49ersWebzone