LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

Sam Beal-CB-Western Michigan

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-supplemental-draft-breaking-down-the-three-prospects-that-could-be-selected/

Sam Beal, CB, Western Michigan

Collegiate career: Beal committed to Western Michigan in 2014 and was rated as a two-star recruit by 247 Sports. He played sparingly in 2015 and made 15 tackles with one pass breakup as a freshman in 2015. The following year, he moved into a more prominent role in the Broncos secondary. Beal appeared in all 14 games and had 55 takedowns and eight pass breakups. Last season, alongside star corner Darius Phillips, Beal had two interceptions, 10 pass breakups, and 22 tackles in 10 games.

Scouting report: Good height, length, fluidity, and awareness in coverage. Speed is what you want from an outside cornerback who could, in a pinch, play against slot receivers. Twitchiness isn't elite but usually impressive, particularly for a 6-foot-1 corner. Run-support is hit-or-miss. Usually knows how to find the football when it's nearing its target and has the athleticism to make plays on it. Overall, a nice, well-rounded but unspectacular skill set, and his size will entice NFL teams.

Projected draft range: Rounds 3-5
Gonna as Bryant's 40 time here (doesn't need a thread)

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Gonna as Bryant's 40 time here (doesn't need a thread)

Nice should get a chance to make a team or practice squad in the league. More than I think Alexander will get.
Wouldn't mind throwing a 5th round pick for one of the DBs.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Nice should get a chance to make a team or practice squad in the league. More than I think Alexander will get.

Some questions about where his head is at but if motivated, I think at minimum he'd be a special teams monster.
With the Niners adding Moore, DJ Reed and McFadden in free agency plus guaranteeing Ward's 5th year, you have to wonder if there is room on the squad for another CB. Some intriguing options here, but I just don't see them investing another pick at a crowded position.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Jun 26, 2018 at 4:06 PM ]
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
With the Niners adding Moore, DJ Reed and McFadden in free agenc plus guaranteeing Ward's 5th year, you have to wonder if there is room on the squad for another CB. Some intriguing options here, but I just don't see them investing another pick at a crowded position.

I don't believe that they would hesitate for a moment to dump McFadden if they felt that Beal had much better NFL potential.

McFadden is a flyer. Nice UDFA pickup but the odds are still heavily against him.
4th rounder, could never have enough competition at CB, plus with Ward and Moore being versitile another CB on the roster won't hurt even if McFadden makes the team too..
Ian Rapoport‏:
In supplemental draft news: Former Western Michigan CB Sam Beal just ran a 4.40 40-yard dash at his pro day, according to someone there. Solidified that he's one of the top prospects in the Supplemental Draft in years.

According to Gil Brandt of NFL.com, Beal measured 6-0 7/8 and weighed 178 pounds, down from the 187 he weighed in the spring, and ran 40-yard dash times of 4.47 and 4.55.

Beal had a 37-inch vertical jump, a 10-foot, 6-inch broad jump, a 4.09 short shuttle and a 7.11 three-cone drill.

3rd round pick for Beal would be great. Don't think we should invest more than that though.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
3rd round pick for Beal would be great. Don't think we should invest more than that though.

I don't see SF throwing anything at him honestly
Share 49ersWebzone