LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Brian Burns, EDGE, FSU

Chaz says yes? I'm all in.
This guy would fit with us perfectly! And Chaz approves, count me in too
Woo, that was nice. Burns with many moves. I love it.

[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 3, 2018 at 10:42 PM ]
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Curious if these guys are 2nd tier. Besides Bosa who else would be a first tier?

Bosa is the only tier one IMO...some people have Clelin Ferrell up there.I don't see Rashan Gary as a true edge guy either. Burns/Sweat would look great in red and gold
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Sep 4, 2018 at 6:12 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Woo, that was nice. Burns with many moves. I love it.

He worked on that over the summer, and it already has paid off. Burns 2019!
Damn that spin move was sexy AF... excited to see this guy in action this year. Its always nice to see players in college have so much technique when they can also overwhelm physically.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Curious if these guys are 2nd tier. Besides Bosa who else would be a first tier?

Bosa is the only tier one IMO...some people have Clelin Ferrell up there.I don't see Rashan Gary as a true edge guy either. Burns/Sweat would look great in red and gold

Yeah depending if we pick mid to late, I like burns/sweat and joe Jackson has well.
Great analysis. Burns is super impressive. He definitely fits the mold of ER in this scheme. He reminds me of Leonard Floyd.
[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 5, 2018 at 9:06 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Aside Boulware, every DE from FSU since the 80s have all been a.....

no to Burns, he will BURN us...

Originally posted by 9moon:
Aside Boulware, every DE from FSU since the 80s have all been a.....

no to Burns, he will BURN us...

that's a bad philosophy. It maybe different if the scheme has been the same since the 80s but it hasn't.

I remember people saying the same thing about Cal QBs.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
The scheme has always been the NOLES 4-3... based on undersize linemen's speed.. and both FS & SS moving up and adding 10 lbs to play LB..

As for CAL (QBs) - only Aaron has been successful..

GOFF - not yet done
That logic is foolish. Programs change, coaches change, schemes change, etc. What happened in the '80s has no bearing whatsoever on a player in 2018.

Brian Burns is a baller. It's early, but he definitely looks like an early first-round prospect to me.
That logic is foolish. Programs change, coaches change, schemes change, etc. What happened in the '80s has no bearing whatsoever on a player in 2018.

Brian Burns is a baller. It's early, but he definitely looks like an early first-round prospect to me.

I don't know about early. Top 20 maybe if he's 240.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran

The guy had only played 1 game so far this year and he was not even all that against Vtech...

Our very own CLUELESS TANK was a better all around player before he got that knee injury and looked how well he did for us.
Share 49ersWebzone