There are 252 users in the forums

Your Top Draft targets for the 49ers SAM OLB spot

Originally posted by Lobo49er:
That would make an already great draft class even better.

Absolutely. I think him and Eli Harold will be battling it out for a roster spot. I hope Pita beats him out. I think Marsh will be a factor at SAM as well.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Bring in the best rusher. Sam is a base position that might play 30% of the time.

For what we like to do Harold tops my list.

I agree. I don't think we take him at #9 though. I can see him actually going in the 15-20 range, maybe even early 20's.

Trading down that low would be a serious gamble if he is the man. Personally I would take him at 9. The need justifies the pick.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Bring in the best rusher. Sam is a base position that might play 30% of the time.

For what we like to do Harold tops my list.

I agree. I don't think we take him at #9 though. I can see him actually going in the 15-20 range, maybe even early 20's.

Trading down that low would be a serious gamble if he is the man. Personally I would take him at 9. The need justifies the pick.

The Cards pick is the furthest I would go to hope for Landry to fall and AZ would still have to give me a great deal to do it.
2018 Kalambayi
2019 Gustin jr

I want to draft dedicated nickel edge rushers and spend a late pick on a base sam
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Mar 24, 2018 at 10:11 AM ]
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Leo = Landry
Sam = Okoronkwo

LEO: Harold Landry; Jeremiah Attaochu & Cassius Marsh
SAM: Ogbonnia Okoronkwo; Pita Taumoepenu

All will rush from both end positions.
Originally posted by evil:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Leo = Landry
Sam = Okoronkwo

I like this too. Just Hubbard is way easier to spell than okorankoraovaonkaqohuhu

We have a guy here who can provide him with a nickname.

• evil
  • Veteran
Leo = Landry
Sam = Okoronkwo

I like this too. Just Hubbard is way easier to spell than okorankoraovaonkaqohuhu

Sorry, did not know you wanted that honor
Leo = Landry
Sam = Okoronkwo

😳👍👊🏼🏃🏿
Leo = Landry
Sam = Okoronkwo

Sorry, did not know you wanted that honor

He has a nickname (OBO), & that nickname doesn't make me want to burn these forums down, like some other nicknames do.
He has a nickname (OBO), & that nickname doesn't make me want to burn these forums down, like some other nicknames do.

Agree, I cringe when I see the nickname threads.

Originally posted by NCommand:
Leo = Landry
Sam = Okoronkwo

Landry LEO

Uchenna Nwosu-SAM
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Leo = Landry
Sam = Okoronkwo

Landry LEO

Uchenna Nwosu-SAM

What's the feeling on Hercules Mata'Afa now after his combine showing? He was being talked about a lot on here, even as a 2nd round pick. Now it seems like he's no longer thought of that highly. Curious if people think he's too slow for the NFL, or if his tape is more important than his combine.

Also, are there any mid to later round guys that could play both SAM and ILB? It seems like having some flexibility would be the best way for a rookie to get playing time this year...
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
What's the feeling on Hercules Mata'Afa now after his combine showing? He was being talked about a lot on here, even as a 2nd round pick. Now it seems like he's no longer thought of that highly. Curious if people think he's too slow for the NFL, or if his tape is more important than his combine.

Also, are there any mid to later round guys that could play both SAM and ILB? It seems like having some flexibility would be the best way for a rookie to get playing time this year...

"Experts" don't know what to do with him.

I would love to see him drafted. A steal 4th round or later, I see his pro comp is Cassius Marsh. He can rush the passer all along the line, is very disruptive and plays the run well. Coverage might be his weakest attribute
As much as I like OO and Nwosu, I think they'll be gone early second and if we are going (hopefully) with Landry ay LEO I'd like to see them grab Haynes in the 4th as another future SAM to compete with Pita and replace Eli eventually.
Share 49ersWebzone