There are 248 users in the forums

Your Top Draft targets for the 49ers SAM OLB spot

They could draft Edmunds for Sam too and play him like Jax plays Miles Jack. You really don't need someone who doubles as an edge rusher with how much the game is in nickel.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
What's the feeling on Hercules Mata'Afa now after his combine showing? He was being talked about a lot on here, even as a 2nd round pick. Now it seems like he's no longer thought of that highly. Curious if people think he's too slow for the NFL, or if his tape is more important than his combine.

Also, are there any mid to later round guys that could play both SAM and ILB? It seems like having some flexibility would be the best way for a rookie to get playing time this year...

I think his 3 cone was the really disappointing part of his combine. With primarily playing DT, evaluating Mata'Afa to the NFL was always going to require projection. The 3 Coe time raises doubt that he can bend around the wider corner out on the edge. I still like him, but he's day 3 for sure.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
They could draft Edmunds for Sam too and play him like Jax plays Miles Jack. You really don't need someone who doubles as an edge rusher with how much the game is in nickel.

I think Edmunds best spot in our D would be the SAM spot. His versatility of being able to play the WILL AND SAM what makes him appealing.
Share 49ersWebzone