LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 357 users in the forums

2018 49ers Draft Visits Tracker

Originally posted by NCommand:
DT P.J. Hall.

They were just in attendance, no? I didn't see any reports of them meetings or working him out. I imagine Niners have a rep at almost every single pro day.

James Daniels coming in for a private visit.
Originally posted by Heroism:
DT P.J. Hall.

They were just in attendance, no? I didn't see any reports of them meetings or working him out. I imagine Niners have a rep at almost every single pro day.

James Daniels coming in for a private visit.

Ohhh, perhaps. I just saw the name in the news banner at the bottom of the page. You are really on this... impressed!

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/114880-49ers-defensive-coach-attends-shsu-watch-tackle-hall/
Hero, as of today, you probably have much more insight into additional points but based on this list, a few things stand out:

1. It's safe to say we're targeting ER for the first pick; second pick at the latest.
2. Same concept with OL. It looks like a really tall but lean T or C/G for that second pick. Cross-trained.
3. CB is going to be the next pick most likely like Ahkello Witherspoon last year (pick 3-4).
4. LB seems to be the next target, rounds 4-7. But depth only which may be insight into how the Foster situation is viewed and how they feel about Brock Coyle and Elijah Lee and with Malcolm Smith coming back.
5. WR or TE seems next. Kyle is looking at 5 day three WR/TE's 6'3"-6'5" (RZ threat).
6. S is evenly spread out so probably just looking for depth here on a H/W/S guy late like Adrian Colbert last year.
7. I'm surprised we're looking at so many DT/DE's, rounds 1-4. To replace Tank? I'm not sure what to make of that.
8. Might look at a QB on Day 3 to replace Mullens.
9. It seems like we're looking at a lot of players in the mid to back-end of the first round. This might be an indication of prep for a trade-back or up scenario.
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 30, 2018 at 5:31 PM ]
FWIW...may not qualify as a visit but it sounds like a little list is emerging on players we are certainly targeting to watch.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/114947-49ers-2018-pre-draft-visit-meeting-tracker/

Jeff Zgonina coached Marcus Davenport on his pro day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=52MnP--aIMg
WR Vyncint Smith, Limestone College

Don't let the fact that he spells his name like you expect from someone attending Limestone fool you... Steal of the draft
[ Edited by strickac on Mar 29, 2018 at 6:04 PM ]
1st round prospects...

OG - Will Hernandez, UTEP (SR/COM*)
OT - Kolton Miller, UCLA (COM/Workout)
RB - Saquon Barkley, Penn State (COM)
RB - Ronald Jones, USC (COM)
LB - Rashaan Evans, Alabama (COM)
Edge - Josh Sweat, FSU (COM/Workout)
Edge - Harold Landry, Boston College (COM)
Edge - Bradley Chubb, NC State (COM)
Edge - Marcus Davenport, UTSA (COM)
DB - Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama (COM)

I think this is very telling. We're kicking the tires on Barkely, doing some due diligence on Miller, Hernandez, Evans, and Jones in case we trade down, but if we stay where we're currently slotted, EDGE seems to be the focus.
  • Awake
Hero, as of today, you probably have much more insight into additional points but based on this list, a few things stand out:

1. It's safe to say we're targeting ER for the first pick; second pick at the latest.
2. Same concept with OL. It looks like a really tall but lean T or C/G for that second pick. Cross-trained.
3. CB is going to be the next pick most likely like Ahkello Witherspoon last year (pick 3-4).
4. LB seems to be the next target, rounds 4-7. But depth only which may be insight into how the Foster situation is viewed and how they feel about Brock Coyle and Elijah Lee and with Malcolm Smith coming back.
5. WR or TE seems next. Kyle is looking at 5 day three WR/TE's 6'3"-6'5" (RZ threat).
6. S is evenly spread out so probably just looking for depth here on a H/W/S guy late like Adrian Colbert last year.
7. I'm surprised we're looking at so many DT/DE's, rounds 1-4. To replace Tank? I'm not sure what to make of that.
I think you've said it best. Looking at their draft list, it paints a picture on where they're going in the draft. Most definitely, ER and Oline on first two picks.

All those mocks with us getting Nelson, Roquan, or Edmunds can be thrown out. We haven't even spoken with those guys. For our 3rd round, I think they'll go BPA and the later rounds after that will be as you said. Skill positions.

I was looking at last years draft visit list, and you could also see where they were going. So I'm pretty confident in my prediction.
Originally posted by Awake:

I think you've said it best. Looking at their draft list, it paints a picture on where they're going in the draft. Most definitely, ER and Oline on first two picks.

All those mocks with us getting Nelson, Roquan, or Edmunds can be thrown out. We haven't even spoken with those guys. For our 3rd round, I think they'll go BPA and the later rounds after that will be as you said. Skill positions.

I was looking at last years draft visit list, and you could also see where they were going. So I'm pretty confident in my prediction.

Yes sir!!

• Awake
Yes sir!!

I feel like we're the only ones preaching this. Or at the very least, taking the pre draft visits seriously.
So we get to bring in 30 prospects for a visit correct? I haven't heard much as of yet

We got less than a month, let's get rolling!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
So we get to bring in 30 prospects for a visit correct? I haven't heard much as of yet

Sitting here impatiently waiting for them to be reported.

Only 2 of 30 have been reported.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Sitting here impatiently waiting for them to be reported.

Only 2 of 30 have been reported.

Here's my prediction. If the 49ers don't bring in someone's draft crush then it's us hiding our interest but if we bring in a draft crush it's cause we are definately taking that guy.
Originally posted by Awake:
Yes sir!!

I feel like we're the only ones preaching this. Or at the very least, taking the pre draft visits seriously.

It's certainly a great tool to use...not the end all-be all but it can certainly throw some bones your way and give you some insight. And there's always a high correlation (even if we find out after the fact).
Share 49ersWebzone