-
jcs
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 39,887
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I think we'll end up trading down.
That's our best bet but finding someone to deal with is the key.
-
Broseph6
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 905
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Originally posted by tulliman:
Dumb question - is there a TE in the 1st round that would intrigue us? Some 6 foot 5 stud that can get up and get jump balls in the red zone?
Mike "Sick" Gesicki
He's my TE crush, but I wouldn't touch him before the 2nd.
Ya he's be good in the 2nd or 3rd
-
FredFlintstone
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 46,741
Trade down unless someone who had no business dropping drops
-
NinerLgnd
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 161
I hope we stay at 9 and grab best BPA available. Then we can move around the draft and trade up or down for our targets.
-
NeeJ49er
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 9,580
if Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Mayfield are all gone before #9 , some QB hungry team might offer us a package to grab Lamar Jackson , he might not be a traditional pocket passer, but neither was Deshaun watson , but his superior talent and how he adapted to the Texans system made him a dangerous weapon for that offense, and other teams might roll the dice on Jackson and hope he develops into a similar talent under center for their offense, so if we have the opportunity to acquire an additional 2nd rounder , and maybe another mid rounder, I'm sure Lynch will consider any offers that nets us more talent for both sides of the ball
-
StubbyNBY
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 4,749
Out of those 4, I think Edmunds though I would take Landry and I really hope we can trade down and get Isiah Wynn, Will Hernandez or Courtland Sutton (or Landry lol)
-
StubbyNBY
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 4,749
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Trade down unless someone who had no business dropping drops
100% though it's always easier wanting to move down than actually being able to do so.
-
StubbyNBY
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 4,749
I wouldn't touch Marcus Davenport. Edmunds is so intriguing and could fill two holes at once but he scares me as well. Landry or Smith would be the most sure thing out of the bunch and even Smith has some injury concerns. Again, really, really hope we can trade down.
-
Hysterikal
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 40,038
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I wouldn't touch Marcus Davenport. Edmunds is so intriguing and could fill two holes at once but he scares me as well. Landry or Smith would be the most sure thing out of the bunch and even Smith has some injury concerns. Again, really, really hope we can trade down.
What injury concerns does Smith have? His red flags were all cleared and it was only teams out of the top 10 who flagged him. Pretty obvious what they were trying to do.
-
TheFunkyChicken
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 4,364
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
if Darnold, Rosen, Allen and Mayfield are all gone before #9 , some QB hungry team might offer us a package to grab Lamar Jackson , he might not be a traditional pocket passer, but neither was Deshaun watson , but his superior talent and how he adapted to the Texans system made him a dangerous weapon for that offense, and other teams might roll the dice on Jackson and hope he develops into a similar talent under center for their offense, so if we have the opportunity to acquire an additional 2nd rounder , and maybe another mid rounder, I'm sure Lynch will consider any offers that nets us more talent for both sides of the ball
I feel like our best shot at a trade down is if mayfield and two other QBs get picked before us. That means there's one really highly rated QB on the board.
I don't know if teams are going to trade up to 9 for Jackson. Or even mayfield...
-
bdiddy1724
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 72
I feel like the way the qb market settled it's so likely 4 qbs go before pick 9. That leaves us with whoever falls.. Barkley Chubb Fitz Nelson Ward. I wouldn't complain with any of these.
-
Phoenix49ers
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 132,354
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
I wouldn't touch Marcus Davenport. Edmunds is so intriguing and could fill two holes at once but he scares me as well. Landry or Smith would be the most sure thing out of the bunch and even Smith has some injury concerns. Again, really, really hope we can trade down.
He has no injury concerns. If he did he would have been brought back for a recheck like with every other guy with medical concerns.
-
mayo49
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 65,216
I think it's either going to be Smith or Landry.
-
Cisco0623
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 14,583
Smith, Landry makes sense, my dark horses were Vea and Guice. A corner or James have to be considered as well.
I believe Smith will be the bpa and he fills a major need imo so why not.
A small trade down would be my favorite move if Smith wasn't there or the offer was fantastic. Then my dark horses make even more sense.
-
91til
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 2,234
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think it's either going to be Smith or Landry. 
At this point, and I am no expert, Nelson, Smith or Landry would make me happiest (at 9). If we trade down who knows what happens. It would be awesome to pick up another second and possibly another 3rd or 4th though... Feels like so many good players in the 2nd-4th rounds that would be exciting to get