LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 369 users in the forums

Leighton Vander Esch-LB-Boise State

It was an article aboit thisbdude on the front page last week. I been looking into him ever since. His hips are smooth
Very nice.

Originally posted by Heroism:
That's 6'4" 256 lbs on the move.

LVE is the compromise between Roquan and Edmunds. Size, athleticism and good instincts and awareness.

His strengths aren't as good as theirs but he doesn't have their same respective weaknesses.
I was so busy watching his drills that I completely missed his actual #'s. Holy s**t. I hope he keeps wearing that neck roll in the NFL. It looks bad ass

[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 4, 2018 at 8:38 PM ]
SAM or Brian Urlacher type Mike? would be happy if we got him in a trade back with the Bills in the early 20s
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Which round is he projected to go in?
Originally posted by Buchy:
Which round is he projected to go in?

Late 1st/2nd.

I'd love to have him.
I have a feeling Vander Esch might be the surprise early pick in the first round. Wouldn't be shocked at all to see the Niners pick him up at 9. He is an unusual talent at the MLB position in height/weight measurables.

I would be shocked to see him drafted in the 20s. He is going earlier than that.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Mar 14, 2018 at 1:16 PM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Don't be surprise if he gets drafted by the Saints or Patriots in the 1st round.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I have a feeling Vander Esch might be the surprise early pick in the first round. Wouldn't be shocked at all to see the Niners pick him up at 9. He is an unusual talent at the MLB position in height/weight measurables.

I would be shocked to see him drafted in the 20s. He is going earlier than that.

I've said he is the compromise between Roquan and Edmunds. Size, instincts, leadership and athleticism, kind of a blend of both guys.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I've said he is the compromise between Roquan and Edmunds. Size, instincts, leadership and athleticism, kind of a blend of both guys.

Agreed. The team may feel that Vander Esch's size gives them more security compared to a hyper-athletic player in the mid 230s. Leighton is one big, athletic dude. I like that Boise players named him team captain even though he wasn't a full-time starter the year before.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
I'm really liking this guy a lot.
Originally posted by Furlow:
I'm really liking this guy a lot.

I like him too... Steelers signed Bostic, wonder if that enables this dude or Evans, Jefferson etc make more of a drop.

Gotta love draft season. No stone left unturned
Originally posted by Heroism:
I was so busy watching his drills that I completely missed his actual #'s. Holy s**t. I hope he keeps wearing that neck roll in the NFL. It looks bad ass

Yeah, I'm a fan of that neckroll too. Very throwback.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Don't be surprise if he gets drafted by the Saints or Patriots in the 1st round.

He's going first round, I would be surprised if he does NOT get drafted in the 1st
Share 49ersWebzone