LISTEN: What's Stopping The 49ers From A Super Bowl Run? →

There are 106 users in the forums

Leighton Vander Esch-LB-Boise State

Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Like this guy too on a trade down than Edmunds at 9. Has the size and athleticism like Edmunds but seems to have a better instincts. Can rush some and speed to cover TE. Only 1 year starter but conference player of the year that just got better every game this season. Like him at Mike for sure.

I think he can have a Karlos Dansby/Luke Kuechly type impact. I like Roquan more for his leadership, but would be more than happy with either one
His measurements and combine numbers are close to Urlachers. No he is not Urlacher but he should have a very productive career as he gets more games under his belt. Liking him more honestly than Edmunds. If he is close to Smith and Edmunds why not trade down.
His measurements and combine numbers are close to Urlachers. No he is not Urlacher but he should have a very productive career as he gets more games under his belt. Liking him more honestly than Edmunds. If he is close to Smith and Edmunds why not trade down.

I'm down for a baby Urlacher and extra picks in a trade down. He play side line to side line like smith though?
With our recent events, LVE is more in play than ever. The only LB I like at #9 is Smith. I don't love it, but I think it'll boost the defense.

I don't want Edmunds that early. He's too risky for a top-10 pick. If we trade back, LVE is a legit target. I don't like his value in the top-15, but after that it's fine.

Just watched some of his bowl game with Oregon. He was in on almost every defensive stop. Very impressive. He's a solid prospect, but I do really like his upside.
My number 6 best player in the draft. He has star written all over him. Would be very happy with the pick at 9.

Speed, athleticism, instincts, size, leadership. He is just scratching the surface. His development throughout the year was remarkable, and his bowl game was exceptional.
Id be very excited if the Niners moved down once or even twice and picked up talent across multiple needs.

I like the idea of Landry as an edge rusher, but allegedly, next years crop of edge rushers is even stronger.
According to reports, 49ers haven't met with LVE at all.

This was the last update I saw on him:

Originally posted by Heroism:
According to reports, 49ers haven't met with LVE at all.

This was the last update I saw on him:

They have yet to meet with him or Edmunds period. Not sure what to make of that.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
My number 6 best player in the draft. He has star written all over him. Would be very happy with the pick at 9.

Speed, athleticism, instincts, size, leadership. He is just scratching the surface. His development throughout the year was remarkable, and his bowl game was exceptional.

If you are making the choice at 9 MD, Smith,Edmunds or LVE for our Mike? What order in preference on these 3? I bet you're right LVE will get snag early in the draft. Top 12 maybe?
Originally posted by saniner:
Like this guy too on a trade down than Edmunds at 9. Has the size and athleticism like Edmunds but seems to have a better instincts. Can rush some and speed to cover TE. Only 1 year starter but conference player of the year that just got better every game this season. Like him at Mike for sure.

I think he can have a Karlos Dansby/Luke Kuechly type impact. I like Roquan more for his leadership, but would be more than happy with either one

Imagine if we could get all three somehow -- Edmunds, Esch, and Smith!

Originally posted by MadDog49er:

If you are making the choice at 9 MD, Smith,Edmunds or LVE for our Mike? What order in preference on these 3? I bet you're right LVE will get snag early in the draft. Top 12 maybe?

For me, I pick Smith and put him somewhere on the field. He is my number 4 best player, and I want this dude. However, if am looking purely at Mike, I draft Vander Esch. He is much bigger, can handle the pounding of interior linemen better, and still has sideline to sideline speed. I am not as positive Smith has a future at Mike.

Edmunds is strictly a Sam backer. I wouldn't put him at Mike.

Vander Esch is going top 20. I think he fits in somewhere between 13 and 18. That's not bad because there could be as many as 5 QBs taken in the first 15 picks.
Thanks MD. Like Smith too but I see the upside that you mentioned plus he's big that can moved from sideline to sideline.
I like him a lot in a trade back scenario.
Trade down with Buffalo. Hopefully we can get both LVE and Landry somehow
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Eli_23:
Trade down with Buffalo. Hopefully we can get both LVE and Landry somehow

Buffalo is going to have trade up much higher than 9 to get their QB.
Share 49ersWebzone