LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 199 users in the forums

Off-the-radar, surprise 1st rounder you'd be okay with?

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
I think if Lynch sees Derrius Guice as the future at 3-down back to create the mismatches in Shanahans offense, then i would be on board. Mostly because i think Guice has the ability and explosiveness to score everytime he touches the ball. We need impact offense skill players and then we possibly could be a top offense NEXT year.

I also dont think Guice is on the radar of the webzone as much as hes on the radar of the front office. We need the scouts in here to correct me if DG wouldnt be a good fit in this offense, but i think he could.

(If Lynch selected LT like Conner Williams with (10th?) pick, i would be a little disappointed since i think LT is lower need than others this offseason

Allot of mocks having him go before barkley
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerLegionnaire:
Originally posted by strickac:
If we're trading back for a center I want Ragnow later

He played 2 years at guard before moving to center. He is plug and play at all 3 positions at the next level. More athletic than Nelson, Ragnow, and Wynn.

But Nelson is the best lineman in the draft
Originally posted by fan49:

My opinion, but I don't believe he's the best for the zone running game. I believe Price is, he has also been consistent for 3 years, whereas Nelson really hasn't. Watch Nelson's tape vs Michigan State in 2016. Nelson has a few impressive plays, but gets beat far too often. Quick DL with enough strength can consistently beat him with proper technique and leverage, again just what I think. Senior Bowl/Combine should tell a lot about each guy's overall ability.
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Marcus Davenport
Isaiah Oliver
Brian O'Neil
D.J. Moore

And add
Tremaine Edwards
Hard to call before the combine.

There are guys who would be regarded as reaches now, but could rise between Combine and April: one of the OTs or a CB like Oliver or Carlton Davis. I think Ogbonnia Okoronkwo goes in the 1st when all is said and done, and he could be a great fit for our SAM/nickel rusher.
I see no way Okoronkwo is a 1st rounder
Washington DT Vita Vea
Player comp: Haloti Ngata 
I was scouting the West Coast for the Ravens when we drafted Ngata. He had rare size and agility. I think Vea is a more explosive version of Ngata. That's a scary thought.

Daniel Jeremiah.

Imagine a Dline of:

5T- Solomon Thomas
NT- Vita Vea
3T- Deforest Buckner
LEO- Ziggy Ansah

Oh. My. God.
[ Edited by SteveYoung on Jan 16, 2018 at 2:01 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Conner Williams if we stay at 10...I think he could push inside and be a top end OG with upside to play tackle after joe leaves.

So many options at 9/10. QB's, come up, we'll trade!
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by NinerLegionnaire:
Originally posted by fan49:

My opinion, but I don't believe he's the best for the zone running game. I believe Price is, he has also been consistent for 3 years, whereas Nelson really hasn't. Watch Nelson's tape vs Michigan State in 2016. Nelson has a few impressive plays, but gets beat far too often. Quick DL with enough strength can consistently beat him with proper technique and leverage, again just what I think. Senior Bowl/Combine should tell a lot about each guy's overall ability.

Price is consistent? Go watch the Michigan game. Dude was all over the place. Better player in 2017, Nelson easily.

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Anywho

Barkley - off the radar since he's a Top 4 lock
Chubb - Supposed to be the 1st defender off the board
Vea - Same reason's SteveYoung said
Fitzpatrick - Complete lockdown in both playoff games
Edmonds - You better be damn sure that we can coach him up
Kirk - Pure playmaker that was underutilized at A&M. He and Goodwin on the field will make sure the safeties are way out of the box.
Cobbs - Purely off of a need stand point. Indiana didn't really use this guy to his full abilities. No where near Top 10 value but for the sake of answering the question, here.
Originally posted by SteveYoung:
Washington DT Vita Vea
Player comp: Haloti Ngata 
I was scouting the West Coast for the Ravens when we drafted Ngata. He had rare size and agility. I think Vea is a more explosive version of Ngata. That's a scary thought.

Daniel Jeremiah.

Imagine a Dline of:

5T- Solomon Thomas
NT- Vita Vea
3T- Deforest Buckner
LEO- Ziggy Ansah

Oh. My. God.

[ Edited by Waterbear on Jan 16, 2018 at 3:39 PM ]
If you're drafting Vita, it's going to be in the first, and if you're using a first on him, he better play inside on all downs.

Then what do you do with Solomon? Is he wholly relegated to the edge now?
rashaan evans, derwin james, or deshone elliot.
[ Edited by gold49digger on Jan 16, 2018 at 4:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
If you're drafting Vita, it's going to be in the first, and if you're using a first on him, he better play inside on all downs.

Then what do you do with Solomon? Is he wholly relegated to the edge now?

Who cares. Figure it out. Mix and match. If Vea is half as athletic as Ngata then he can play 5T on some snaps and Solomon moves inside.

If the scouting reports are accurate that Vea is more athletic and explosive than Ngata then he has to be the pick. Ngata was one of the most dominant players in the league for a decade.
Share 49ersWebzone