LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 317 users in the forums

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, DE/OLB, Oklahoma

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by mayo49:
Isn't 34.5" relatively short?

No, 34" is good arm length, but it's GREAT arm length for a guy that's six feet tall. He's got longer arms than Buckner and Armstead despite being 7 inches shorter.

Oh, baby, I was really starting to like him. Now it's full-blown on.

Oh, I didn't catch that he was only 6'0". Right on.

No, 34" is good arm length, but it's GREAT arm length for a guy that's six feet tall. He's got longer arms than Buckner and Armstead despite being 7 inches shorter.

And low man wins on the edges and much less energy to bend...better base for balance and turning that corner. With longer arms to give him space against T's, this could be a $ pick.
Originally posted by NCommand:
And low man wins on the edges and much less energy to bend...better base for balance and turning that corner. With longer arms to give him space against T's, this could be a $ pick.

I couldn't have said it better myself, NC.

Short w/ long arms. Give me Ogbo.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 23, 2018 at 8:34 AM ]

I couldn't have said it better myself, NC.

Short w/ long arms. Give me Ogbo.

Ideally, work him in on 3rd downs and keep Saleh's bigger packages on early downs and learn from Elvis for a year; grow and develop.

Where is he projected to go?
Ideally, work him in on 3rd downs and keep Saleh's bigger packages on early downs and learn from Elvis for a year; grow and develop.

I think day 2 is a safe bet for Ogbo.

I think day 2 is a safe bet for Ogbo.

Perfect!

baalke about to climax while asking "how big are those hands though?"
i may have a new draft crush
Man for some reason I thought he was like 220 lbs

I did a little breakdown of that game on page 1. He single-handedly wrecked shop. That was the game that made me a fan. I'm all in now after today.

This guy is an interesting player. I'm watching his game vs Ohio St. right now. Dude was a terror off the edge. He is pretty damn explosive and relentless. Love his hand usage--very active. I prefer shorter edge rushers for their leverage advantage, so the height doesn't really bother me. It's moreso the weight, but his pass-rushing style isn't reliant on power.

This is sick. Ogbonnia uses an outside jab step, head nod, and subtle swipes to cross the tackle's face.

Wowsers. Ogbonnia tries the ice pick off the inside step; OT rides him out(I hate that move to the outside). But Ogbonnia refuses to lose, battles for the corner, and flattens to the QB.

This is a great example of how good hand timing and placement can beat length. Tackle had to horse collar Ogbon to the ground to prevent another sack.

Can work from the right or left side, two-point or three/four-point stance. Another spin move, another flag drawn. Dude wrecked this game.

The biggest issue I see is that he gets completely engulfed once a tackle gets hands on him. He struggles to disengage. If he doesn't win off his initial rush, he's SOL. Not sure how he projects at the NFL level. Maybe a situational pass rusher. His frame looks close to being maxed out, so I don't know how much bigger he can get.
He seems to be around the ball on every play.
I did a little breakdown of that game on page 1. He single-handedly wrecked shop. That was the game that made me a fan. I'm all in now after today.

This guy is an interesting player. I'm watching his game vs Ohio St. right now. Dude was a terror off the edge. He is pretty damn explosive and relentless. Love his hand usage--very active. I prefer shorter edge rushers for their leverage advantage, so the height doesn't really bother me. It's moreso the weight, but his pass-rushing style isn't reliant on power.

This is sick. Ogbonnia uses an outside jab step, head nod, and subtle swipes to cross the tackle's face.

Wowsers. Ogbonnia tries the ice pick off the inside step; OT rides him out(I hate that move to the outside). But Ogbonnia refuses to lose, battles for the corner, and flattens to the QB.

This is a great example of how good hand timing and placement can beat length. Tackle had to horse collar Ogbon to the ground to prevent another sack.

Can work from the right or left side, two-point or three/four-point stance. Another spin move, another flag drawn. Dude wrecked this game.

The biggest issue I see is that he gets completely engulfed once a tackle gets hands on him. He struggles to disengage. If he doesn't win off his initial rush, he's SOL. Not sure how he projects at the NFL level. Maybe a situational pass rusher. His frame looks close to being maxed out, so I don't know how much bigger he can get.

Nice, yeah my issue was his size, I didn't think he'd be rolling in at 245...I was thinking Eric Striker 2.0 prior.

I'm just gonna call him OO for now lol (that name is redonkulous to write) he's a much much better prospects than that.
Looks like a guy that we need to make a move up for on day 2 . Looks like he's been shot out of cannon when he takes off
If we can get him in the second i would be all over it. Have to move up to get him though likely.
Share 49ersWebzone