LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 394 users in the forums

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo, DE/OLB, Oklahoma

Looking like a good SAM prospect.. Slide to LE in nickel and just let him rip up slower RTs.
Watching Ngakoue win as an edge rusher reminds me a little of what I've seen out of Ogbonnia. Rather than attacking through the tackle, they both use their COD, speed and quickness with hands and jab steps to create space.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 14, 2018 at 11:37 AM ]
Love this guy if he's there in late 2nd/early 3rd. Think he's a perfect fit as SAM for us, and may slide to our pick as he's a tweener in a lot of systems.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Dude could help solve our pass rush woes
I was impressed when I watched him against Georgia, I'm not sure he'll have NFL success though, for me you need multiple ways to win and I think he'd only have his speed rush in the NFL.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
I was impressed when I watched him against Georgia, I'm not sure he'll have NFL success though, for me you need multiple ways to win and I think he'd only have his speed rush in the NFL.

Has a spin move
This guy to me is the #1 LEO candidate in the draft. Better than Chubb, Landry and Key in that regard. He won't have the same physical measuables as far as length but he's explosive, fluid, and can bend an edge better and counter-move better than all three.

If I'm Lynch and Co. I find a trade down partner and barring there's no crazy blue chip player at our pick, trade down to the early 20's (maybe BUF wanting one of the top 4 qb's that falls to our pick and take this guy.

He's one of my top 3 draft crushes this draft. People hyping up guys like Marcus Davenport but sleeping on a player like this who dominated the top level of competition. Very much reminds me of Elvis Dumervil.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49oz2superbowl:
This guy to me is the #1 LEO candidate in the draft. Better than Chubb, Landry and Key in that regard. He won't have the same physical measuables as far as length but he's explosive, fluid, and can bend an edge better and counter-move better than all three.

If I'm Lynch and Co. I find a trade down partner and barring there's no crazy blue chip player at our pick, trade down to the early 20's (maybe BUF wanting one of the top 4 qb's that falls to our pick and take this guy.

He's one of my top 3 draft crushes this draft. People hyping up guys like Marcus Davenport but sleeping on a player like this who dominated the top level of competition. Very much reminds me of Elvis Dumervil.
We've got the perfect mentor for him on this team in Elvis...
Ho-lee-s**t

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Oklahoma
34 1/2
9 1/4

34 1/2" arms
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 23, 2018 at 8:12 AM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Ho-lee-s**t

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo
Oklahoma
34 1/2
9 1/4

34 1/2" arms

Lol, alligator arms.

Originally posted by mayo49:
Lol, alligator arms.

More like orangutan arms, especially for a dude his height.

He really is Elvis Dumervil.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Lol, alligator arms.

More like orangutan arms, especially for a dude his height.

He really is Elvis Dumervil.

Isn't 34.5" relatively short?
To me he's a perfect 3-4 OLB. Great motor and tenancity

No, 34" is good arm length, but it's GREAT arm length for a guy that's six feet tall. He's got longer arms than Buckner and Armstead despite being 7 inches shorter.

Oh, baby, I was really starting to like him. Now it's full-blown on.
[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 23, 2018 at 8:22 AM ]

no way anything over 34" for a pass rusher is solid....especially being 6 foot

I mean Davenport is like 6-6 and has shorter arms
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jan 23, 2018 at 8:27 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone