There are 200 users in the forums

Tremaine Edmunds - LB - Virginia Tech

He's raw, for sure. But potentially the highest ceiling of the top 3
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
He's raw, for sure. But potentially the highest ceiling of the top 3

Yeah, I wouldn't harp on it too much. The dude has a freakish upside that will have teams salivating, especially a team like the Patriots. People will try to pigeonhole him to edge/on-ball LB because of his height, but I think that's a mistake. He's an off-ball LB all the way. His pad level in the box is excellent for a guy his height. I think he'd be a killer will in our scheme.

[ Edited by Heroism on Jan 13, 2018 at 12:58 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Won't see Roquan bust coverages like this. This is bad. VT is in a combo coverage with man on Edmunds' side. Edmunds has a brain fart and loses track of his assignment. No bueno.

I was watching this game last night and this play stood out to me too. Bryant did a good job staring down the crossing receiver and getting edmunds to bite. I didn't realize he was that young though
Nice looking prospect
from Daniel Jeremiah http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000905575/article/2018-nfl-draft-sam-darnold-a-playmaker-in-mold-of-tony-romo

Virginia Tech LB Tremaine Edmunds

Player comp: Anthony Barr

Edmunds is an elite athlete and he has unique height/length for an off-the-ball linebacker. He reminds me so much of Barr coming out of UCLA. Both guys fit in any system and can play inside or outside. I think Edmunds will be a superstar at the next level.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
from Daniel Jeremiah http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000905575/article/2018-nfl-draft-sam-darnold-a-playmaker-in-mold-of-tony-romo

Edmunds is an elite athlete and he has unique height/length for an off-the-ball linebacker. He reminds me so much of Barr coming out of UCLA. Both guys fit in any system and can play inside or outside. I think Edmunds will be a superstar at the next level.

I'd say he's somewhere between Anthony Barr and Benardrick Mckinney
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'd say he's somewhere between Anthony Barr and Benardrick Mckinney

Good comps....I'm liking this kid more and more.
He's probably going in the first round
Edmunds has the edge over Roquan in physical tools, but there's a wide gap between the two in what's between the ears.

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Edmunds has the edge over Roquan in physical tools, but there's a wide gap between the two in what's between the ears.

This. Tons of potential, just mentally raw when it comes to some assignments or making reads. Something good coaches could get out of him if he can grasp our simplified system. Not gonna say that we can easily fix this...I said that about Taylor Mays. Day 2 steal.
Originally posted by TheNef77:

This. Tons of potential, just mentally raw when it comes to some assignments or making reads. Something good coaches could get out of him if he can grasp our simplified system. Not gonna say that we can easily fix this...I said that about Taylor Mays. Day 2 steal.

Sounds like Evans is more safe if no Roquan?
I am a VT fan, and he pops out on the eye test. Elite athlete that can make explosive plays. But when you actually watch him, his instincts and technique at ILB are not apparent.

He isn't a low-to-the-ground, hunched-shoulder thumper like a Willis or Bowman. He is long, rangy, fast. 6'5". Not a guy to shed blockers. Probably best for him to gain 20lb and play like an Aldon or Jadeveon. But I'm no expert...
[ Edited by delphs on Jan 17, 2018 at 5:25 PM ]
Originally posted by delphs:
I am a VT fan, and he pops out on the eye test. Elite athlete that can make explosive plays. But when you actually watch him, his instincts and technique at ILB are not apparent.

He isn't a low-to-the-ground, hunched-shoulder thumper like a Willis or Bowman. He is long, rangy, fast. 6'5". Not a guy to shed blockers. Probably best for him to gain 20lb and play like an Aldon or Jadeveon. But I'm no expert...

Sounds too risky for my taste.
Daniel Jeremiah's got us taking him at #9

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000908233/article/jeremiah-mock-draft-10-browns-jets-fins-redskins-take-qb

PICK 9
Tremaine Edmunds - LB, Virginia Tech
Edmunds is one of my favorite players in the draft. He has a rare blend of size, speed and athleticism. He would be a perfect complement to Reuben Foster at the second level of the 49ers' defense.
Share 49ersWebzone