There are 139 users in the forums

Equanimeous St. Brown

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Didn't find a thread on him (wouldn't be surprised if I missed it because it's shocking to me that there is no thread for him)

I've watched 15+ games of his over the last 2 years and I think...he is the most talented Wr in the draft (really like Calvin Ridley too) and I believe he will shot up the draft boards when workouts begin. Best hands in the class and his route running is elite. Reminds me a bit of AJ Green.

He's one of most complete WR in college who is just stuck with an average QB or he too would have big numbers.

[ Edited by 4ML on Dec 28, 2017 at 6:12 AM ]
I'm not as high on him as you. I'm a Notre Dame fan, and while he is talented and underrated, I wouldn't say that he's the most talented WR in this class and his route running is second to none. However, I do agree that the combine will shoot up his draft status, big-time.
I only saw him casually during the cfb season(my eyes were mainly on 56), but I like what I saw. I like him more than some of the other taller WRs being suggested on here. Reminds me a little of Martavis Bryant in the limited footage I've seen. Tall and long with good speed, but doesn't always play up to his size.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 27, 2017 at 10:54 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I'm not as high on him as you. I'm a Notre Dame fan, and while he is talented and underrated, I wouldn't say that he's the most talented WR in this class and his route running is second to none. However, I do agree that the combine will shoot up his draft status, big-time.

When I watch his games - he's open so often but doesn't get the ball. I think he runs very polished cross, hitch, and post routes and his hands are terrific. If I've to take 1 WR in the first 2 rounds...I'd take him.
He's 6'4 but doesn't use his size well. He still needs to add a little weight (much thinner than AJ Green in college) and hasn't ever really impressed me with his jump ball ability. He's tall and fast and occasionally gets open (helps when ND has all day to pass due to their offensive line so he's able to get open down the field on extended plays). I think he's underrated because Wimbush absolutely sucks as a passer, but he's not anywhere near AJ Green as a prospect and I don't think he'll be drafted in the first round if he declares.
Originally posted by 49ERFANb4Uwas:

Lol. That skit was pretty f**king funny if youre a big football fan/love draft time.
I'd rather Auden Tate or Marcell Ateman..
Liked him for some time. Don't think it will happen but hope he's there in the early 3rd (I think he'll go mid 2nd). Wouldn't hesitate.

Not the finished article but he has so much upside. I look at him the way I looked at Witherspoon. If he can gain that physical edge and use it consistently he's going to be a very solid WR for someone.

His route running is pretty strong which is why he might be a tempting target for Kyle if he slips to the 3rd and we still have two early picks.

In any case I think we'll pick up a WR in FA so the need for WR won't be there in the draft.
Equanimeous.... I have seen it all.

e·qua·nim·i·ty
ˌekwəˈnimədē/
noun

mental calmness, composure, and evenness of temper, especially in a difficult situation.
"she accepted both the good and the bad with equanimity"
synonyms:composure, calm, level-headedness, self-possession, coolheadedness, presence of min
[ Edited by 9erguy on Dec 28, 2017 at 6:32 AM ]

Not the highest floor, but probably the highest ceiling out of all of the big and tall receivers in this years class. His family is like the Lavar Ball family of football, only not douchey.

All 3 Brown brothers are savants of football. Their dad has been training them for the NFL their entire lives, and as an ex Mr Olympia, he knows what it takes to dedicate yourself to being a champion.

He definitely lacks in aggression, and doesn't use his size well in contested catch scenarios, but I don't think this is due to lack of ability. His dad has put such an emphasis on route running, footwork, agility drills, and hands that I just don't think it's a part of his game, yet.

As for the Brown family, Equanimeous is the tallest of the 3 kids, but arguably the least talented. Go look up highschool footage of his little brothers. I'd be ecstatic if we draft EQ, then wait for his brothers and draft them too. A WR corps made up entirely of his family, based on projection, could be the top corps in the league. They are that special.
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Dec 28, 2017 at 12:48 PM ]
Wide floor, high ceiling. Shanny might enjoy developing him if he can be had as a value pick.
Originally posted by 4ML:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

When I watch his games - he's open so often but doesn't get the ball. I think he runs very polished cross, hitch, and post routes and his hands are terrific. If I've to take 1 WR in the first 2 rounds...I'd take him.

His route running is why I think Shanahan would love to develop this guy in his offense with Garoppolo at QB
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

Lol. That skit was pretty f**king funny if youre a big football fan/love draft time.

This is what I thought of when I seen this thread title lol
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

This is what I thought of when I seen this thread title lol

I cant help but have this picture stuck in my head when i see this thread has a new reply. Just praying someone follows up with something else funny lol.
Share 49ersWebzone