LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 472 users in the forums

Official NFL Draft Order Thread

Next to the outcome of our games there are a lot of games that may impact our draft position.
Thursday Night one of the most important
Broncos (4W) visiting Colts (3W)
Who do we pray for to win?
Broncos having Washington and Chiefs
Indy to play Ravens and Texans (who we have to keep an eye on too).
I cant decide who to cheer for :)
Ideas?
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
Next to the outcome of our games there are a lot of games that may impact our draft position.
Thursday Night one of the most important
Broncos (4W) visiting Colts (3W)
Who do we pray for to win?
Broncos having Washington and Chiefs
Indy to play Ravens and Texans (who we have to keep an eye on too).
I cant decide who to cheer for :)
Ideas?

Indy, we are currently tied with them.
Originally posted by hohbie:
Indy, we are currently tied with them.

Thinking Garoppolo i think we might win 1 or 2 more.
I dont think we will have less wins than the colts going forward and we miss out on the tiebreaker.
Personally i hope we will pick TOP5, dont think Top3 is possible any more.
So getting Broncos out of the way may be my preffered way
Yeah so I've been a reader of the webzone forums for years. I just usually remain silent with my opinions. But studying the records and upcoming schedules i got a prediction. There is NO WAY the Niners pick in the top 5. People Wasting time chiming in calculating our 4th overall pick tradedown haul are on crack. When We win just ONE more game our SOS tiebreakers will EASILY push us out of the logjam with other 4 win teams. Just get used to that idea.

I personally hope we end up with 5 or six wins because honestly, what's better for the TEAM overall? Having a top 5 pick or the momentum and confidence that comes with defeating 2 or 3 PLAYOFF TEAMS to end the season? If youre actually HOPING the 49ers lose the next 3? That's pretty short sighted. Keep in mind it's so much more important to hit on ANY first round draft choice than to have a top 5 pick and miss. If youre a true fan you should root for us to win out AND have a great draft, regardless of draft position. Some of you sound like you're rooting for us to lose, don't be THAT guy. WTF is the logic in that?
[ Edited by ElectricEells on Dec 13, 2017 at 10:22 AM ]
I expect a victory this Sunday, so it looks like we'll likely be at 6(?) after that.
Originally posted by ElectricEells:
Yeah so I've been a reader of the webzone forums for years. I just usually remain silent with my opinions. But studying the records and upcoming schedules i got a prediction. There is NO WAY the Niners pick in the top 5. People Wasting time chiming in calculating our 4th overall pick tradedown haul are on crack. When We win just ONE more game our SOS tiebreakers will EASILY push us out of the logjam with other 4 win teams. Just get used to that idea.

I personally hope we end up with 5 or six wins because honestly, what's better for the TEAM overall? Having a top 5 pick or the momentum and confidence that comes with defeating 2 or 3 PLAYOFF TEAMS to end the season? If youre actually HOPING the 49ers lose the next 3? That's pretty short sighted. Keep in mind it's so much more important to hit on ANY first round draft choice than to have a top 5 pick and miss. If youre a true fan you should root for us to win out AND have a great draft, regardless of draft position. Some of you sound like you're rooting for us to lose, don't be THAT guy. WTF is the logic in that?

Lol there is no such thing as momentum in football. That's always been a myth. If momentum were actually impactful then all those Nolan and Singletary teams would have gottten better every new season. A better pick next year with the possibility of trading it down for more picks is much better for our future going forward.
Originally posted by est1985:
Lol there is no such thing as momentum in football. That's always been a myth. If momentum were actually impactful then all those Nolan and Singletary teams would have gottten better every new season. A better pick next year with the possibility of trading it down for more picks is much better for our future going forward.

Ok. Not sure if it's LOL worthy. In case you havent heard Sports Psychology is a HUGE factor. Its a thoroughly proven fact that things like mental imaging, the mindset of success and general confidence are the factors that give the elite athlete the edge. ALL professional athletes are strong and fast and all have similar measurables. What separates the good from the great is 100% mental. It's not my intention to attack you. But your comment stinks of ignorance. You sir have NO IDEA what you are talking about.
[ Edited by ElectricEells on Dec 13, 2017 at 8:43 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
I expect a victory this Sunday, so it looks like we'll likely be at 6(?) after that.

Yeah that sounds about right....possibly even lower

Ok. Not sure if it's LOL worthy. In case you havent heard Sports Psychology is a HUGE factor. Its a thoroughly proven fact that things like mental imaging, the mindset of success and general confidence are the factors that give the elite athlete the edge. ALL professional athletes are strong and fast and all have similar measurables. What separates the good from the great is 100% mental. It's not my intention to attack you. But your comment stinks of ignorance. You sir have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

You are correct sir. Apparently he's never played a team sport before. Why do you think teams call a time out when the other team is on a roll, it's to stop their momentum.
One more out of the way.
Again, i am not rooting for us to lose, i love every win. But if other teams with low records win too, it brings pleasure to my heart :)
So, Denver is 5-9, with the tiebreaker SOS favouring us. We wont win 3.

So, there are the following teams left (Broncos and Bengals not listet as we have the tiebreaker on them)

0-13 Browns -> 0-16 (Ravens, @Bears, @Steelers)
2-11 Giants -> 2-14 (Eagles, @Cardinals, Washington)
3-11 Colts -> 3-13 (@Ravens, Texans)
3-10 49ers -> 4-12 (Titans, Jaguars, @Rams)
4-9 Buccaneers -> 4-12 (Falcons, @Panthers, Saints)
4-9 Texans -> 5-11 (@Jaguars, Steelers. @Colts)
4-9 Bears -> 6-10 (@Lions, Browns, @Vikings)
5-8 Jets -> 6-10 (@Saints, Chargers, @Patriots)
5-8 Washington -> 7-9 (Cardinals, Broncos, @Giants)

As of now, we lose the Tiebreaker to the Buccaneers, which would Result in Pick #5.

Originally posted by Alfienator:
You are correct sir. Apparently he's never played a team sport before. Why do you think teams call a time out when the other team is on a roll, it's to stop their momentum.

Great Example
Originally posted by 49ersFan_vienna:
One more out of the way.
Again, i am not rooting for us to lose, i love every win. But if other teams with low records win too, it brings pleasure to my heart :)
So, Denver is 5-9, with the tiebreaker SOS favouring us. We wont win 3.

So, there are the following teams left (Broncos and Bengals not listet as we have the tiebreaker on them)

0-13 Browns -> 0-16 (Ravens, @Bears, @Steelers)
2-11 Giants -> 2-14 (Eagles, @Cardinals, Washington)
3-11 Colts -> 3-13 (@Ravens, Texans)
3-10 49ers -> 4-12 (Titans, Jaguars, @Rams)
4-9 Buccaneers -> 4-12 (Falcons, @Panthers, Saints)
4-9 Texans -> 5-11 (@Jaguars, Steelers. @Colts)
4-9 Bears -> 6-10 (@Lions, Browns, @Vikings)
5-8 Jets -> 6-10 (@Saints, Chargers, @Patriots)
5-8 Washington -> 7-9 (Cardinals, Broncos, @Giants)

As of now, we lose the Tiebreaker to the Buccaneers, which would Result in Pick #5.

That's a good look at it
So I'm assuming that the SOS is fluid in that they calculate the actual SOS after all games are completed, correct?

Because in that case our SOS really is what's gonna hurt us after these next three games, win or lose
[ Edited by ElectricEells on Dec 15, 2017 at 7:03 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

You don't think so? With wins you build chemistry, with chemistry you build confidence, with confidence you build momentum. I also don't agree with your comparisons, the Nolan and Singletary teams where riddled with injuries and constant change of coordinators, you can't build chemistry nor have any confidence. A better comparison would be the Harbaugh era (2011-2014), noticed how they got win after win, they went from thinking about wins to expecting to win.

With that said, I could careless about drafting in the top 5 anyway, I hope they stay in the top 10 though with a chance to draft Calvin Ridley.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
You don't think so? With wins you build chemistry, with chemistry you build confidence, with confidence you build momentum. I also don't agree with your comparisons, the Nolan and Singletary teams where riddled with injuries and constant change of coordinators, you can't build chemistry nor have any confidence. A better comparison would be the Harbaugh era (2011-2014), noticed how they got win after win, they went from thinking about wins to expecting to win.

With that said, I could careless about drafting in the top 5 anyway, I hope they stay in the top 10 though with a chance to draft Calvin Ridley.

I haven't watched much college ball this year, but i keep hearing his name connected to us. I'm gonna do some YouTube time on this guy.

You think WR is a better bet for us early in rd. 1? A stud WR target for Jimmy sure does sound nice We need some O-Line help pretty bad. Address O-Line in FA and later draft rounds?
That's a good look at it
So I'm assuming that the SOS is fluid in that they calculate the actual SOS after all games are completed, correct?

Because in that case our SOS really is what's gonna hurt us after these next three games, win or lose

As i understand the source of my SOS (tankathon.com) takes all 16 opponents with their ACTUAL record in count.
So the SOS may change a little, but they already included the opponent that we havent played yet
[ Edited by 49ersFan_vienna on Dec 15, 2017 at 10:11 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone