LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 468 users in the forums

Calvin Ridley, WR Alabama

Did someone say separate? Kyle's ears are ringing.
Ridley? Yes please! Would love to draft him.
Originally posted by Heroism:
This play will jump out to Kyle. This is his favorite concept(Yankee) to dial-up, and Ridley runs the post with incredible nuance. He stems his route by leaning the DB into the boundary and then finishes him off by changing the angle inside before the break. That and his blazing speed leaves him wide open for the touchdown. Ridley has the type of tools that directly translate to the NFL level.

I agree, he is consistent too. Not to bash but Jalen Hurt is not the QB to make WRs "look good" and Ridley still jumps out
Would take him in a heartbeat! He is NFL ready right now. Trade down, accumulate a few picks and draft him to give JG a lethal playmaker
I'm on board the Ridley wagon, but the realist in me is screaming to go O-line. I wonder if they'll trade back into the first to get both.
Awesome article on Calvin Ridley.

The product of a tough childhood, hard work, determination and natural-born speed, Alabama deep-threat wide receiver Calvin Ridley has quickly sprinted ahead of the competition

http://www.nfl.com/labs/cfb247/calvin-ridley/calvin-ridley?campaign=tw-cf-sf134860061-sf134860061&sf134860061=1
[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 1, 2017 at 1:40 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Did someone say separate? Kyle's ears are ringing.

Lol. Ridley would be an amazing fit in this offense.
Originally posted by DarkShinobiX:
I'm on board the Ridley wagon, but the realist in me is screaming to go O-line. I wonder if they'll trade back into the first to get both.

Might be able to trade down a few spots..get him and get ammo to trade back in
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Lol. Ridley would be an amazing fit in this offense.

Honestly it feels like we can throw a rock and hit a guy in this draft who can be a huge help in the first round.

That #1 pick would be fantastic, especially if we can trade down(i would think someone wants one of the QBs or maybe even Barkley bad enough)

Originally posted by acrownlessking:
Would rather have Sutton , more of a Redzone threat it seems

He is definitely a bigger body but Ridley is the far better playmaker. Ridley can take any pass from anywhere to the house. His explosion and separation and ability to be dynamic with the ball in his hands far outweighs the advantage Sutton has in the redzone. If we don't go Ridley in the first, I would be fine with Sutton in the second
Originally posted by genus49:
Honestly it feels like we can throw a rock and hit a guy in this draft who can be a huge help in the first round.

That #1 pick would be fantastic, especially if we can trade down(i would think someone wants one of the QBs or maybe even Barkley bad enough)

I can't see us getting that #1 pick. JG will play after the bye week and I'm not so sure we lose to the Giants at home. I can legitimately see CLE going 0-16 or 1-15. I don't think we will be much better but we at least looked competitive the majority of our games, CLE doesn't and are just turning the ball over like it's nothing
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
I can't see us getting that #1 pick. JG will play after the bye week and I'm not so sure we lose to the Giants at home. I can legitimately see CLE going 0-16 or 1-15. I don't think we will be much better but we at least looked competitive the majority of our games, CLE doesn't and are just turning the ball over like it's nothing

Yeah you're probably right....Cleveland is just awful and I can't imagine the locker room is excited at how pathetic their franchise looks after the botched McCarron trade. Imagine that QB room? As if it wasn't bad enough that Hue was benching guys every other drive.

Still if we can secure #2(need to lose to the Giants) we're still in good position. We end up at #3 or #4 and I think the trade options diminish big time.
Where is his draft stock? It's still pretty early but I haven't heard much in terms of where he is slated to go.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Where is his draft stock? It's still pretty early but I haven't heard much in terms of where he is slated to go.

It's too early to predict. Nobody thought Corey Davis, Mike Williams and John Ross would all go top 10 at this point last year. Hell not sure anyone thought that right before the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone